Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Is there any way once and for all I can see the actual differences between the muzzle brake, compensator, and flash hider without undergoing the arduous task of equipping them in t hunt and then just trying to remember the difference?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cov6N2YLH0 covers everyone but Hibana/Echo. I feel like I remember something about Thunt recoil being different from pvp, but maybe I'm insane???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Wooper posted:

This test is extremely flawed imo. Especially the full auto test.

Comparing mag dumps of two magazines is like testing accuracy by shooting a group of only two bullets. It just isn't a worthwhile measurement. Geez, these 2 wild lines of bullet holes intersected at one point that means accuracy is good, right?

As for burst fire test, one of the only guns I would use the muzzle break on is blackbeards SCAR, which this dude has picked the compensator as best on. He does these 4 shot burst test, which is ok because two mags of those burst is a good group to go on.
The SCAR specifically is super accurate with the muzzle break for three bullets. Bullet 2 and 3 barely recoils and group slightly above the first, but bullet number 4 recoils pretty badly and veer off to the sides. Going by that 4th bullet, yes, the muzzle break groups badly. But if you did 3 shot burst it would easily be the best.
Yeah, I don't agree with most of the conclusions, but the footage is still good. Gives a relatively decent idea of how the gun behaves if you aren't ingame atm.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ssixseconds/SmilingWeaselCorgiDerp efficiency is just clever laziness.

Disorient points/assists when?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ssixseconds/OutstandingToadBrainSlug also Holo/Trophy is quickly becoming one of my fav sites to defend. Solid jumpouts and great interior angles. Feels like it'll get much, much worse when people remember to floorbang or breach the VIP desk though :(

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Fix your guns, Hard.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Echo being 3 armor sort of makes him a meh pick for me, to be honest. The fact that you can't shoot the drone unless it's a) jumped and b) jumped in a room with a specific ceiling height (meaning you can't jump it in larger atrium areas) also negates much of its advantages with cloaking.

The MP5SD is great but not 'deprive yourself of a potential c4 or gadget operator' great.
You can get around the height restriction in some places by throwing the drone up on a ledge/speaker/whatever before jumping it. It's way more annoying when it flies into a tiny bit of ceiling garbage and hovers like a giant idiot wasp before you can move it to the one spot where it'll actually stick.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Hard posted:

I heard something about S4 weapons not being taken into accounts when it comes to challenges. It's been a while like back when Red Crow launched so could have been fixed but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't like stated above.
S4 operators don't have w/l or k/d tracked on the multiplayer stats pages either.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Thief posted:

the only operators i think are hard enough to consider not taking are Thatcher and Smoke
Thatcher is just a gun tho???

Smoke feels like he's in a good place now even w/o the ACOG. The limb damage change and new destruction system feels like it did a lot for shotguns; you can shoot open rotations with far fewer shells if you aim parallel into the wall, and hipfire feels really consistent now. Extended Barrel isn't bad on the MAC11 now that you don't really have to care about recoil either. Still kinda torn between him and Echo, but I can see myself playing more Smoke once people get better at spotting the drone.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Hard posted:

Tachanka is now an invincible spawn killer.

You're welcome.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ssixseconds/CuteKoupreyNoNoSpot He probably would've gotten all of us with the shield. 500 HP is no joke with damage dropoff. Still sounds insanely vulnerable to vertical play though, so dunno if it's enough, or even a buff in the right direction.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Given the balance policy concerning DLC operators, I'd be surprised as hell if this wasn't the case. I have not played enough Hibana myself to say if it's good or too good, but it seems to handle well, and dish out decent damage.
The Type-89 is an R4-C with less recoil, 'nuff said. It takes noticeably longer than most other ARs to reload if you empty the mag entirely, which I guess is a pretty reasonable caveat.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Echo can force him to retract, and you can sometimes get an angle from above or below. Seems fine, tbh, since it's not completely impossible for Monty to clutch those situations. It's not a problem in Hostage or Bomb either.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Azran posted:

Isn't Ash's gadget also a one-hit kill on a direct hit / extremely damaging on a splash hit? The TTS still hasn't finished updating on my end but the season trailer said the Lifeline uses impact grenades, so they shouldn't be that powerful overall.

Also, can I dump the TTS files onto the regular client's folder so as to reduce the patch size once it goes live?
Pretty sure Ash charges cap out at 50 damage on splash, so about the same as an impact for damage. Also, you can make sprint holes with impacts if you aim them just right, which is hopefully easier with the launcher than just chucking 'em.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Defensive t-hunts suck rear end. I pray ZOMBO.mode gives me hundreds of flailing heads to practice defense op guns with.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Maybe it's the new throwable physics loving it up? Were you moving while shooting it?

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Twitch feels amazing when you set up your own flanks by zapping someone in the rear end, then sprint in and shoot them in the face.

I wouldn't underestimate how good a bit of chip damage can be, too. Taking out gadgets is usually a better choice, but people often survive random wallbangs with 10-30hp.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Party Plane Jones posted:

One of the problems I feel these days is the irrelevance of C4 to like half the operators. Outside of very lucky tosses they're pretty non-threatening these days thanks to the lower toss range and the fact that every shield op can now tank them.
I'm pretty sure C4 has a longer toss range now that you can give it forward momentum. Might be less noticeable on like, Mira, but it's pretty significant on Pulse/Bandit.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Jack Trades posted:

What's the easiest way to figure out where all the cameras are? Is there a way to run around a map solo?
Also do all cameras have the same model or does it wary between maps?
Custom game as a defender, custom game, same model. Valk cams are black orbs with a bright blue lens thing wherever it's looking, while I don't think standard cams show direction, just red/white glows for active/hacked active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Cav's shotty is good for making small floorholes to cover doors and windows, though. If I wanted range, I wouldn't be playing Cav.

Iirc, Compensator reduces horizontal recoil heavily, Flash Hider vert/horizontal moderately for 3~5 bullets, and Muzzle Brake vert/horizontal heavily for the first shot in a burst. You'll have to see which guns you prefer long bursts with, and which guns you usually just tap.

• Locked thread