Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Castle is super good on plane. But he is pretty badly countered by Ash and often with grenade (sometime grenade doesn't blow up castle barricade, but don't count on it)

Put a barricade on cockpit (optional reinforce with an ADS and jammer inside the cockpit) and you can shoot the feet of anyone that tries to get in. Unless they are Ash, they probably need to find another way. (why you hide an ADS inside). Usually I reinforce the kitchen below and drop down if the enemy go that way.

Put a barricade in luggage, reinforce red room and good luck coming in without Ash or grenade. (and behind the castle barricade is....another castle barricade blocking the only door in).

Most important tip for Castle barricade, like most defensive gadget is you need someone to watch it and take advantage of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Well, characters usually have distinct glow/highlight/reflection that makes them stand out from the enviroment. That said I still avoid looking out if I know someone is already there. Takes a split second longer for me to aquire target that's so saturated.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is there a vod of the match I can watch? I can't find it on the twitch app

Youtube can playback up to 4 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWDa4MldPU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

So it looks like if you do fuse charges now without breaking the window glass first the breaking glass kills the launcher after one grenade. I keep having the fuse launchers poo poo out after one charge since this patch.

Ah, so that's what it is. At least it's not too hard to get around of.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I am having some strange issue with stuttering lately. My game would have severe stuttering for the first 1-2 minute of every round, then it subsides and I get stable 60 fps. Happens in every mode. Tried various fixes, changed settings, moved the game from SSD, but no dice. It only happens with Siege, too (well, the symptom is rather unique, but I can play other games with reasonable settings without similar issue.)

Anyone encounter similar problem before?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
You can also put a wall between you and the guy you want to reset. Penetrating hit only does half damage, should be enough to ensure only downing your teammate.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Didn't Ubi say in that one livestream that they were adding gently caress-boxes to the game? Whatever happened to that?

I read somewhere that it's coming out in season 2.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Sdoots posted:

New Glaz is fine and also encourages more use of Castle on windows which is kind of cool hth

What? Glaz counters Castle hard. The rifle can make killhole through window barricade only he can effectively see through, and can break the barricade with 5 shots when he wants to.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Hard posted:

I think it's 11 to be precise. He spawns with hum something like 24 bullets?

It's 5 since last patch or the one before I think.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Aim for his foot at 90 degree angle. His shield is a bit slated, one of you can get his ankle if he is camping in a corner.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
One way to place Mira window is to put two side by side. This way you can break one to shoot out of while using the other for observation.This was actually used in the recent pro league game. They placed the two windows in storage protecting laundry. Other good candidate for such placement is normally difficult to defend outer wall like garage door on Chalet and House, or armory wall on balcony on Border so you can kill the enemy's Hibana/Thermite.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So for the first time since his uniform has come out, i've managed to get MVP with Rook AND be playing as him when we win the game so i can actually see his little animation.

I'm very disappointed that the didn't ham up how much he's beating his chest, they should have gone full on Gorrilla so that it comes off as less "wooo, we won, i'm so excited and pumped up" :effort:

I don't think that's what the animation is trying to convey...

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

bobua posted:

Isn't macey j an actual pro player? Wouldn't being pro level due to cheating majorly gently caress you when it game time to actually play? I thought they showed up for events in person.

Nah, he just does youtube.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
There seems to be some undocumented changes with regards to destruction. Tachanaka's MG breaks off chuck of barricade with only one hit. Spanish operator's shortened shotgun now destroy walls just as good as a normal shotgun.

Edit: Glaz's rifle also doesn't damage wall as good anymore.

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 6, 2017

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Can Fuze/Ying gadget the castle barricades? Maybe they shouldn't if they can.

They can, and they can feel safe that they won't get shot while doing so (until a C4 explodes in their face).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
The discord link on the first page seems to have expired. Can someone post a new one?

• Locked thread