Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I was confused until I realized it was casting a shadow on the trapdoor, lmao

Hey if this is the way to remove lightning issues within the game then I'm cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is it intentional that fuze explosions reach out through vents? i nearly killed myself because i was standing next to a vent

My buddy was killed by a Fuze explosion when he was setting up to breach the room Fuze was supposed to clear out. One of the grenades went right through the window into his face.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh great, so now Bandit and Blitz are bugged?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
poo poo, losing rank because you have to play 3 out of 5 rounds of ranked as 4 people when some asshat disconnects after the first lost round is the fukcing worst.

So this is exactly like every other game. But today I've found out that there are a LOT of areas on Skyscraper that don't count as outside, even though they are, and that there is an absolute rear end camping spot in the back entrance of the Bank. Stand in the door, spray people going in.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I've had a lot of people just flat out destroy the armors when Rook deploys them.
No idea why.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

Fixed – In some instances, Operators appear to have Raptor Legs in the Kill Cam.

Yeah right.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yo, there's a bug in the game with Doc - the medgun counter on the interface never goes down, it stays at 3. I have no idea if this was there before the patch, cause I just bought Doc. But every time I play him, only the bottom right ammo counter goes down when I use the healing shot - the middle part of the interface just always says "3" (the one next to the "use ability button"). It still is pretty easy to keep track of how many darts have you fired since there are only 3, but every other limited use gadget does track it's number on the middle interface, so for consistency at least I think that should be fixed :v: Even If I'm the only Doc player I've yet to encounter.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

:perfect:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So I just walked into my friends Claymore as IQ and just blew up. The killcam was showing it like it was the Claymore that killed me. and nothing else, noone around me got damage and it was just whatever. We at first thought that someone might have tossed a nitro cell to detonate the claymore, but it doesn't work that way, the claymore would be destroyed, not detonated. I tried to replicate this bug in a custom game and to no avail, I thought it mught have been the fact I've been using IQ's gadget and as such all the stuff in the map was treated as hostile, but nope, couldn't replicate it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

A pro click.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

Are you just digging up old pictures since i'm triggered or did this happened recently?

As for the report i'll repeat it once more, i know the tool is vague as gently caress but enough tickets on the same account and they'll have a look at it. You might not believe me when i say this but battleye isn't loving around.
Someones acting like a dick? Report him to battleye, even if hes not cheating.

I know you don't get that sweet justice of public execution and you don't get to see his dumbfounded loving face when he tries to log in only to get greeted by a ban screen but be the bigger man, report him, trust the system and move on.

Given what I'm seeing in games recently, BattleEye does indeed NOT gently caress around. It's something amazing to just see the full hour strike and swift justice is applied to like 50 people at once. I love how it's in waves, it's so spectacular this whole week.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So what's up with claymores? Since I died on my buddies one as IQ, I've been seeing a few people blow themselves up with the claymores they set up, and a few teamkills. Can it be that they pick up enemies through walls? Cause it always was right next to the objectives...

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I hit Gold 2 after the initial placement matches and then the game took off the kids gloves and hit me with players who actually knew the barrel from the butt of the gun, so prepare for disappoinment.
Dipped down to Copper 4 at one point, but now making my steady climb back to Gold. Gotta say, when you stick to ranked, stomps are way way less common, and many matches go into overtime, because the game actually feels balanced. It's great.

Sometimes buggy tho - the gadget uses counter on the hud is broken for Ash and Doc at least, and yesterday I've hit a bug where I got my Exothermic charge destroyed as Thermite by someone peeking from outside, and I couldn't place the second one, all that popped up was the detonation animation. Possibly cost us a round, so that was pretty annoying.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dosvidanya posted:

i'm going to get my first ranked abandon penalty ever thanks to giving up after staring at a loading screen for 15 minutes when someone dropped from the game i was in :argh:

i was going to outlast the other guy but then 4 people filled in for the people who left his side lol.

Yeah I've had that too. Waited out the other team to leave, only for them to get replaced by 5 other shmucks who then, like me, got stuck on infinite loading. I left eventally and ate my rank down.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Why does the ADS make no sound when it triggers now?

No visual cue either. The grenade just disappears with no info to anyone except Jager who gets "+10 Active Defense System". Kind of annoying, especially when you just wasted 2 frag grenades on Snowmobile Garage doors on Chalet, because you thought you were gonna counter the Bandit Trick.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The hard counter to that operator is going to be walking backwards everywhere to confuse him.

He's the real reason they fixed Raptor Legs!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Is there a bonus earning event? I keep getting around 50% "Bonus Event" renown every match.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://webmshare.com/play/nGLML

I got pretty spooked.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

afkmacro posted:

Holy poo poo is that how you play? With fullbright? Does it not strain your eyes? Looks like cs 1.6.

I've seen some youtubers play with it like that, also with the skybox turned black so they can see when someone is peeking from the outside no matter what. It's borderline cheating imo.

EDIT: I mean the skybox thing is cheating, playing with full Gamma is prefectly fine but looks like rear end. But I know that even the top CS:GO players take advatage of that, so that they can see the pixel-wide peeks.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
There's a free weekend this weekend, call your friends!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

live free or dont posted:

I heard someone say that thing she is carrying is like a window you can put on reinforced walls. Dunno sounds pretty weird.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I saw a picture of a one way mirror type thing, might've been on a reinforcement. Could be interesting; useful for telling roamers exactly where someone is, while the other guy does the same for roamers.

Dang, seems kinda strong. Imagine popping that on the garage doors in Chalet. Or the connector walls on Oregon, or any outer wall on Coastguard.
Or hell, even the garage on clubhouse when you pick the bedrooms. One way would be a slaughter.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Basticle posted:

Most important question: can you fuze the window

Well given the steam announcement here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/359550/announcements/detail/483410926969983700

Operator Mira (me and my friends are already calling her "Fiesta" because we can't remember her actual name), has some beef with a certain other operator:

quote:

There are particular tension between her and some Rainbow Six Operators. One of them is Eliza Cohen who she met during Operation Blue Orion, which did not yield the anticipated results. Cohen and Álvarez have been brutal rivals on record ever since.

Eliza Cohen is actually, Ash. So you can probably regular breach the window. Meaning you can Fuze it. Or break through it with Glaz.

I wonder what the ITA12L is supposed to be, a shotgun possibly?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

AbortRetryFail posted:

IMO There's no right for Blackbeard while his ability is to at some level negate upper body shots. Anything over useless will immediately move into "too strong". I think they made a big mistake putting him into the game, realised it, but don't know how to un-make him in a way that won't piss everyone off.

I think that he's in a good place right now - his shield allows him to win one peek contest before getting destroyed (and usually gets destroyed in the process), the movespeed penalty makes him vulnerable to roamers. His guns have nice damage so even if he can't use his gadget he can lay some damage (a lot more then I can say about other ops). A lot of good stuff for an attacker, and it's not like he's protected from explosions in any capacity, which the defenders get in bulk.

Maybe if he had a turnspeed penalty when his shield is up, but that's really the only thing that I can think of. Of course that there are places where Blackbeard is the best thing ever like Train Room on Cafe Dostoyevsky, cause you can peek through the window almost for free. But that's just cause some operators are good at some spots of the maps and others are good somewhere else. Attack any basement with him and boy does the guy have a hard time just walking through a doorway.

Flipswitch posted:

Do we know which of these is the attacker an defender? They look cool

Fiesta would be pretty stupid on attack, and in his trailer Jackal enters the building from outside, so I guess she's a defender and he's an attacker that counters roamers.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

Please fill, this is important.

https://strawpoll.com/5461cfz

ONE ANSWER?

Fix your poll, Hard.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6 Oh hey the Invitational has started! And in the first match we're seeing a remake due to a "Hibana Bug".

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

sdr782 posted:

There was a short look at the new characters on the Invitational stream. Mira's glass is a 1 way mirror, she's 3 armor and gets C4. Jackal gets 3 primaries, and can ping the footprints with a button to reveal them to the whole team. Both characters get a shotgun secondary weapon. Also the next elite skin is Rook.

Mira gets 2 charges of her one-way mirror, it can be broken by Hibana/Thermite. She's also 1 speed, while Jackal is 2 speed 2 armor.
Rooks elite skin is basically THE FURY and it's awesome.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The best kind of lootboxes. All of this looks amazing.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Am I alone in really not wanting lootboxes, then? We already got renown for playing the game which we could spend on items (always more items. Gun skins, headgear, uniforms, gloves when?). It adds nothing, besides taking away our ability to choose what we want. Seems like pointless bloat to fit the model of what every competitive game these days is about, when being unique was what really made Siege stand out.

Yeah but you don't lose renown when getting a lootbox. The Dev Diary makes it sound like you just get one for playing and can open it for free, so it's a separate source of items for you. And if it's anything like Overwatch, if you have duplicates, you'll get MORE Renown to buy the stuff you actually want. This is lootboxes done smart.

Of course the perfect solution would be to copy Rocket League and put in a checkbox in the options that says "Ignore all Lootboxes".

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well given that they are probably gonna sell lootboxes means that this implementation will lead to a boost to the overall game resources, meaning more manpower for more content, better serverbase, and generally longer game life. Which is pretty great and you can safely just ignore it and reap the benefits.

I will take all that back if the system is gonna sell keys to open the lootboxes. That is a lovely system.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The Roadmap of Year 2 panel that went on now is pretty interesting:

- two next Invitationals are gonna happen in Katowice, Poland, every season of Year 2 gets their own tourney
-technical upgrades like changes to matchmaking or better hit registration will get deployed with the Mid-Season reinforcements, not with new operators and maps
-there's gonna be a move to complete sever-client system, as now some things are still peer 2 peer, like voicechat, party system and some other stuff
-we will get better hit registration somewhere this year'
-Public Technical Test Servers - not for actual content, but for technical stuff, basically public bug testing
-you can now do stuff like change loadouts during matchmaking

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The Velvet Shell Live Demo is gonna be live in like 7 minutes from now, get in: https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, both Jackal and Mirra have had their hidden abilities revealed.

Jackal can scan a footprint, immideatly identyfying the opponent to who it belongs, and also marking them, meaning their location is pinged immideatly, after 10 seconds, and after an additional 30 seconds.
If this seems loving broken to you, you are right. Caveira doesn't leave footprints when using Silent Step, and Mute jams Jackal's visor.

Mira can decide to eject the glass out of her window, making it a reasonably sized hole for anyone to shoot through. The window is completely black from the other side, so opponents have no idea when it's gonna get dropped.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, IQ gets access to HE grenades this patch. Wow.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I've had a fun bug where I died on airplane defense and when I died one of my buddies cam was nothing but a floating gun. And it took me one kill by that buddy to realize that the floating gun that I was seeing belonged to Twitch.

Who is obviously an attacker. I have somehow gained access to the enemy point of view. Confused as gently caress I decided to fully exploit this and brought my lone buddy to victory by telling him exactly everything. It worked (barely). I might upload the video for it, but it's gonna be full of polish rambling :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The Duggler posted:

Please upload that video

I must see it

Oh cock, it appears I've had my mic settings mixed up and my mic wasn't recording properly. That saves you like 90% of the polish rambling.

BE AMAZED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRtTI6_irs

To be frank, this was on friday or saturday, so I forgot that apparently I was looking at "Black eye 4" the whole time, and that my buddy wasn't the only one. The fun part is around like the 1:00 minute mark, and I'm not the one marking them in the lower levels, but it's because I didn't try :v: The jump in the video right after Valk dies is cause I've had to splice 2 shadowplay videos and it didn't record for like 2 seconds.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 7, 2017

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

tjones posted:

Lol someone hit him with a black eye. If that were to happen to you, how exactly would you get it off of yourself? Ahaha.

Only, my Valk player doesn't throw a Black Eye outside, I couldn't control the camera at all and how would it apply it to the Shock Drone? :psyduck:

EDIT: This is so amazing I'm gonna brag about it on the new page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRtTI6_irs

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hard can you please tell me when the patch will drop I don't want to risk playing now to get dropped out of the servers and lose my precious Bronze 3 rank.

Also I want to play the new map SO BAD.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
6,5 GB on Steam :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Year 2 season 1.
Matchmaking is still described as "beta".

Jokes aside, does anyone know if I can find the track from this trailer anywhere? It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Koramei posted:

I appreciate that half the operators are hilariously wide-eyed in the preview shots

also that hibana actually looks asian now

Hibana has always looked asian in-game.

Jackal is loving stupid. I await the patch that makes all female operators leave no footsteps, cause playing a roaming Valkyrie for example is now a nightmare.
I mean I understand that he is there to counter roamers in the pro-level, but in pub games, even with a full team he's a "free win" button most of the time. Mira on the other hand is a "free lose" button with the way pubbies pop those windows like there's no tomorrow, opening you to crossfire.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 8, 2017

• Locked thread