Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Is there any way once and for all I can see the actual differences between the muzzle brake, compensator, and flash hider without undergoing the arduous task of equipping them in t hunt and then just trying to remember the difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Goons are good to play with . 10/10 would get liquored up and play in-houses again

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Glaz and SMG's are crazy accurate now. There's basically no recoil. It's awesome.

EDIT: Lighting is still awful, no big surprise there.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 15, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

In AMURRICA?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nice crowd. Dead game.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Demo starting in a few minutes but they did reveal new info about the new operators and honestly they sound even more fun.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

causticBeet posted:

Loot crates are cool as long as there's never anything that effects stats or guns.

Jackal being a 30s cav interrogation on one player without having to do anything besides ping some footsteps is just loving lol though.

TBH it seems like you still need to play him more carefully. It pings the target, it's not a constant spot like interrogation. The fact that they can move around unmarked for the other 9 seconds means they can still get the drop on you.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Wow the reticles are utter garbage again. Nice.

Honestly I think Mira's windows are not actually that good. Sometimes you can cheese people with them, but eventually they're gonna get opened and then it's just a perfect killhole that Hibana doesn't have to make so she can go make them somewhere else.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 13, 2017

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I honestly can't make anything less than an ACOG work. Without it half the time my eyes just don't register enemies as a thing I should be shooting at because of their lack of detail and I end up just ignoring them as map geometry. Very frustrating.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Just out of curiosity (considering I've only had the game barely 2 months), what have been some of the big changes among the operators since release? As in who has been buffed/nerfed and how? Just wondering.

Well for starters Blackbeard was a death machine. He had 1 shield but it rarely, if ever, broke in a normal match. He was also much quicker in terms of ADS and such. Frost's shotgun had more range and totally outclassed her SMG. Buck's shotgun used to make teeny tiny baby killholes. Smoke's gas grenades were thrown underhand so you couldn't throw them nearly as far. Doc was not originally able to heal himself or overheal anyone. Pulse's heartbeat sensor used to update periodically rather than constantly.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more but those are the main ones. Grenades types got swapped around on a few ops as well.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Jesus, the red dot sight is almost unusable now.

They're way better imo. They were far too chunky to see anything last patch. Only having the slightest indicator of where dead-center is seems a lot more useful.

EDIT: Smokes are far better on glaz than claymores now.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Sounds like you need to CASTLE UP

Castle barricades are destroyed by Glaz's rifle after a handful of shots.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hard posted:

I think it's 11 to be precise. He spawns with hum something like 24 bullets?

That'd be an issue for glaz if there weren't already a myriad of gadgets on his team that make castle utterly pointless.

Castle is baaaaaaaaaaad.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

ten_twentyfour posted:

It's almost as if everyone that posts in this thread is bad at this game (except Para and Hard) and has no idea what they're talking about

Hard is bad though.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Would this work on the Kafe skylight? You can drop off that but I can't remember if you can repel.

Yes, they do it in the video.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Basticle posted:

I don't know how cheating in this game works but this doesn't seem on the up and up to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxSQvfdB_84

She got really, really lucky with her hipfire spread. That's all.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

BattlEye is going on a genocide run today. Each match I played had 3 or 4 notifications each.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Probably because it made no difference whatsoever.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

A Kawloon map would be pretty cool.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Carecat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0x3Cbcu_a4

Video from Monday. Only 7 guns have the damage you would expect when using a suppressor. 18 guns do less damage than they should, 22 do more damage.

P229 is heavily bugged but what kind of maniac wouldn't take a Bearing 9?

You'd take wouldn't take it if you buy into Hard's Ubi-propaganda that the clearly inferior pistol is "actually really good."

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Flaggy posted:

Just bought the game, having fun so far going through the training missions, looking for some goons to play with and want to make fun of a newbie.

Download both Mumble and Discord because goons are big loving retards and refuse to choose one. If one is empty (COUGHdiscordCOUGH) there are usually at least one or two people in the other. Siege goons play pretty regularly so you shouldn't have to pub too often.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Today I made my first ace in months. In ranked even! Forgot what that poo poo felt like, especially when you're 1v3+.

That poo poo literally makes me clap like a simpleton.

Servers went down shortly after so it was a good note to end on.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Monty still good as gently caress to be honest. Revolver is essentially pointless now, but the P9 still does work since you have plenty of bullets to cheese a headshot with. Additionally, it's kind of demoralizing to get hit with even if it doesn't 2 shot you.

March forward with shield extended. Then drop shield, crouch, fire once or twice. Extend shield. Rinse and repeat.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

But guys, devs work really hard so all of this can be ignored. And if you don't like it, gently caress you because you just don't "get" what it's like to be a dev! Similarly you should go gently caress yourself if you'd like an actual explanation. You'll wait for more information and you'll like it.

Everything in Operation Health was already promised in addition to the seasonal content. It isn't a trade-off. It's literally just less content.

Anyway I've bought both season passes so far because I think the game is Fun and Good, but if you think the players are getting anything other than dicked here then you might be slightly delusional. I'm sure it's a necessary evil, a complicated internal issue that couldn't be avoided yadda yadda yadda whatever but it's still not a positive situation in any way.

Gonna keep playing tho, luv u Hard.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 12, 2017

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Watch out guys True Neutral master race comin' through. :jerkbag:

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 12, 2017

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Wasn't the tick rate already supposed to be bumped to 60 anyway? Like... a year ago?

EDIT: Literally January 2016 patch notes. Did something change or were we lied to?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Game is more loving busted now than before lmao.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

RIP my consulate KD ratio. You went too soon, window runout spawn peek. Our time was short but filled with salt.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

My friend is unable to buy a holo on IQ's 552. He has plenty of points but it keeps saying the purchase fails.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

B U S T E D game.

For real though he can buy other stuff just not that.

EDIT: Also lighting is still utterly hosed, big surprise.
EDIT2: Still insane rubber banding at clutch moment. Can't even vault through a loving window half the time.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 15, 2017

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Q8ee posted:

I loving called it. And you lot shot me down saying it's skill and reflexes. So many of his highlight videos had snap headshots, inhumanly possible. Serenity17, too.

The ban is over renown hacks you mongoloid.

EDIT: Beaten.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Major Isoor posted:

Hey Hard, I've got a couple of issues to report. Firstly, I'm not sure if it's well known already, but one of my friends was spawn-killed on Oregon (shot in the head the second the game started! Urgh) by someone leaning through the window below. We started off to the east of the tower in this screenshot, by the way.

Also, at least one of Pulse's headgear items is messed up. From really close-up it appears fine however the further back you go, the blacker his face gets. I can confirm his Black Ice glasses+face paint is affected (for both myself and a friend, so it's not just a local issue), however his Velvet Shell glasses appears fine.
Here are a couple of screenshots, so you can admire his new look:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088362066
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024279903/screenshot/850469837815592723
At least his nose appears to be fine, if that's any consolation? :v:

This spawn kill is less common but ridiculously easy. I do it every game. You need a shield set up perpendicular to the window, then you vault up in the construction materials next to the window and just run onto the shield. EZPZ

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I was going to ask if we had a Discord. I hate Mumble.

Oh you're one of those.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Voip is all the same poo poo, but every time it comes up both sides are equally smug pieces of poo poo about their own literally-the-same-quality-as-the-others brand.

Mumble's stupid number of subchannels (derr derr I need my own personal hang-out channel) is literally the same poo poo as the absurd number of Discord servers (derrr derr we all play the same game but don't play with each other).

I do typically avoid Discord because they're the goons that talk down to me for not exclusively using their "perfect" program.

SA uses both, so I recommend both. Like any rational person would.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I didn't mean to insinuate R6 goons were like that towards me. I just meant sort of a general thing from other people I've spoken to. I've just never gotten around to joining the R6 discord.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 2, 2017

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hard when will Castle be buffed to be playable?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

Yeah sometimes 3 barricades aren't enough to block off the objective room completely

Also re: racist chat

Join discord, you will never be totally isolated from ignorance and bigotry but your odds are somehow pretty good with goons. It's typically friends of goons that are the worst offenders and they don't last long before https://www.twitch.tv/TheIceOrb gives them the boot.

Yes 3 of a bad gadget isn't enough to do much at all actually.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Changed my mind I'll play Castle until I git gud.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

lovely Echo, Flash Fuze, and AIDS Man.

I'm excited to slampick all the new ops during early access week.

Now give us 3 minute casual rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Sterling_Archer posted:

lmao. When did this become the Ubisoft employee jerkoff thread and not any other thread in Games where people post things about games, to include problems with the game?

It ruined the match by making it a very boring 3:0.

You know that saying that if everyone around you is an rear end in a top hat, you're the rear end in a top hat?

• Locked thread