Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What are the type of places castle's super boards good for? Can they still melee them?

They can be meleed down, but hopefully someone is paying attention and shoots them from under the door. I use them mostly to block off windows or doors that are tricky to see, that I very much don't want people sneaking into.

Castle's utility shoots way up if you're working together with Mute, also - though bullets don't work on his plates, they provide perfect spots for Fuze to set up, or even just to breach charge without worrying about being shot through the barricade. Mute can help with that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

What's up with the bakery bomb placement on Kafe? The one where you can burst a door down, plant 30 feet away from the bomb, and then have the entire team cover it from way outside. How do you guys play around that? I've seen it successfully pulled off every single time I've had to defend that point.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I don't think I've ever seen it happen on favela, but the rest of that map is so janky I'd definitely believe you. I seem to only ever get hostage there.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

65HP on Blackbeard's shields? That seems a bit low honestly. 150 per shield is fine.

Fuze charges getting 1 more charge and bigger radius. Rip all Hostages

Is Fuze getting a third charge, or are his existing ones firing six grenades instead of five?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Just had a match where the attacking Glaz downed the hostage, the hostage bled out, and then the attackers won. Is something iffy going on there?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Attackers being able to open Mira's windows by punching the opposite side of a reinforced wall is a known issue, right?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I think I prefer this to the 24/7 Skyscraper from when Red Crow came out.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They are? I'm told to never take flash bangs ever on anyone for any reason

They're better than claymores or smokes, at least.

I've seen that a lot of people have a really dumb habit of flashing a room and then waiting until after it wears off to go in, so they think they're worse than they are.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Claymores are situational but very useful on maps with heavy jumpout peeks (top of bridge on Kanal, exterior stairs/ladder on Hereford).

It's smokes that are useless because the smoke is client side so you never know if you're actually smoking a dude out or if he can see through it plain as day. BF1 is the only recent game to do smoke correctly; if you're inside the radius of effect it's a complete and utter white out of your screen.

Oh I definitely agree claymores are useful, they're just usually a lot more situational. Every claymore kill I've ever gotten has saved my life, but you have to anticipate being ambushed so I put them a little bit below flashes.

There's only a couple characters (if that, I can only think of Capitao) who have to pick between the two anyways, though.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Rampe - Carries shield on his back that is used as a protection against roamers.

You can actually already do this with shield ops

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It has to be, much like most other major "mature" FPS games in Eastern Europe.
Ayn Rand DLC, please. Alternatively, DLC where an attacker has a hand hold voice loudness cone thing (is rupour a word in English?) that they can heal into using their microphone.

E:
Probably bees, shooting dogs won't bode well.

It'd just be "megaphone" in English.

I'm seconding the idea for Fuze but with a sack of angry bees

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Were they together? I've run into a lot of Rook/Doc combos trying to use his armor to give one of them a bunch of extra lives and throwing fits if anyone else takes one.

I've never seen it work, ever, since one of them usually gets headshot or just double tapped when they go down.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Mira and her Vector are still a ton of fun. Lots of people still don't understand how a Mira window works when next to or on an unreinforced wall or you just vomit so many bullets into them they can't even react.

Hell, even a lot of people who put their windows on unreinforced walls don't get how it works. I've seen a ton of Miras shoot out their own windows instead of just marking me and shooting through the wall.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Thief posted:

thats why i play the game tbh, idc about winrates or k:d ratio when i can kill someone by throwing a black eye camera on them while they're downed

You're not killing them, you're capturing them in a pokeball.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Thatcher is actually really good in a huge majority of situations, it's just that when those don't happen his gadget is mostly useless. He wipes out Mute, Bandit, Jager, and Kapkan's gadgets and I see one or two of those guys in almost every match. People laughing at a Thatch pick seem like they're focusing only on the games where you don't need him, rather than the really large number where you do.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

You could fill out every CTU to 4 operators and still have room for another 12 or so countries at 4 each as well.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Valkyrie is not exactly slinky

Neither is Frost

Or Echo

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Listen, I know Echo is bishounen as heck, but he's a guy

That's my point, he's neither slinky nor female. He sounds like he's wearing a trash can for armor when he runs.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I had a match the other day where I got shot carrying the hostage out a window, and instead of both of us falling to the ground the hostage stayed stuck in the windowframe, bulletproof and uninteractable.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Laser sights are exclusively for showing the other team exactly where your dumb rear end is.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The porcelain one wraps really well on basically every gun, it's the only one I have so far.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Tech Guy, who carries rolls of soundproofing foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Quote isn't edit, it turns out

• Locked thread