Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What up guys, console peasant reporting in on the ground floor :v:

Buff controllers nerf Mouse and Keyboard thanks Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So today i got a kill only because i heard Ash pull up the drone camera right on the other side of the wall from me and knew it was safe to rush in. Something i didn't know that enemies could hear

How many other little things that make noise can enemies hear? Like when you're spinning in place and your guys feet makes shuffling noises? Or how about when you aim down the sights and you can definitely hear something on your end?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

If i ever do run into a child in Seige they are playing Glaz, with no exceptions.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Still waiting on the day we can customize our deployable equipment.

The day i can throw bright pink grenades,lay down bright pink barb wire, and lay down a bright pink shield is the day i become a whale and make that a possiblity on EVERY character.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I wonder how future operators could potentially have something like Caveria's ability that's on a cooldown rather than limited uses. Why Sledges hammer isn't this way right now is a mystery. It's not like you'll ever use all 25 hits of the thing in a single round anyway.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Are you the one holding the cue card he's obviously reading from? :allears:

Please do this more often though, would be neat to put actual names and faces to our favorite operators.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Someone mentioned a few pages back about drone "hide and seek" in the objective room after it's already been found and i've never really thought about that much myself until i saw it happen every time in all the public matches i was playing.

I understand the need for points is great but what are you going to accomplish besides that? The game has been out long enough that people know all the spots where drones can hide in so it's not like you can keep one in a place and constantly keep the defenders positions updated, at least not for very long before the drone just gets shot. Perhaps this doesn't happen as often in Ranked but i don't normally play that anyway since i'm usually squadless.

Speaking of which goddamn Hard hurry up and fix this matchmaking issue. I got my friend to play this game with me and while i was training him up in T-Hunt we kept getting disconnected from each other :arghfist::sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

T-Hunt is peer-to-peer, it's your own fault if it was just the two of you playing.

It just feels strange then because it was showing both our pings at super high numbers (about 400-500 each) but the game would be running just fine. But it would one of us eventually get kicked for our connection being "to slow"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

65HP on Blackbeard's shields? That seems a bit low honestly. 150 per shield is fine.

Fuze charges getting 1 more charge and bigger radius. Rip all Hostages

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 12, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Draxion posted:

Is Fuze getting a third charge, or are his existing ones firing six grenades instead of five?

a 3rd charge and the normal 5 grenades now have a radius of 4.5 meters instead of 2.5. I believe the kill radius is still the same but now you will take damage but still survive beyond that normal kill range on them.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Bartlett University didn't get released because of "priorities"

Giving Twitch DSLs was clearly way more important than airing out the colleague campus.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Get the LORD some vodka so he will sing for us :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Thursday

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Of course it was a roaming Doc that had to be the last one alive. Because why woulden't it be Doc that tries to roam :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Shield Lord Montagne, his disciple Blitz and the Pretender God Fuze.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Don't know what it's like on the PC side but the game is borderline unplayable right now on Xbone. The christmas noobs aren't really the problem so much as it seems like the amount of teamkilling and "le epic trolling" type of people has skyrocketed since the Christmas season.

Granted i don't know how much of this me playing with a Christmas noob friend and he's pulling these dredges down to me since he's still so new and i haven't played Ranked yet at all this season since i'm mostly playing solo but at the moment Causal matches are the pits.

Fix your game playerbase Hard.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Alot of gifs have been shown as to how incompetent us console players are at aiming without assistance. But i personally quite like that Ubisoft decided to keep it off, even if it was just to keep the games super fast TTK down by having to require us to actually aim. I like feeling like i've earned every kill because i got it with my own skill/tactical use of the destruction, even if the occasional headshot out of hipfiring happens :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Raptor legs is gonna be the next big thing in gaming like Skiing ended up being in Tribes you guys just wait :(

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Twitch drones are surprisingly quiet and i don't ever notice them until i'm getting shocked. Meahwhile you can hear the regular drones from a mile away.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Do we have a Shieldy yet?

Shieldy- Dual wields riot shields and can flap his arms really fast to fly around the map. While flying,can do flying drop kicks with primary fire.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 25, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Vatek posted:

Clearly we need a new operator that breaches reinforced walls with a cage containing some kind of vicious trained attack animals. Dogs? Bees?

Cagey-deploys a cage that penetrates reinforced walls and then deploys 3 bloodthirsty Tigers that roam the room they are freed into, killing all enemies in sight. Defenders can counter this by throwing meat set down by the new defender called Butcher.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

No guys look he said EVERY ROUND, so with 1 kill AND finding the objective every time every round. He had MVP with a whole 400 points! (assuming casual mode and getting a 3-0 shutout)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Carecat posted:

My guess is it's a prototype for the bolt action sniper guy.

I don't see why there's a demand for Glaz/a different operator to get a bolt action rifle. Glaz already fills the sniper niche that every shooter has to fill for whatever reason, even in a game like this that revolves so much around close range combat.

Although i can agree with this change. With as much as Glaz talks up seeing little changes and colors out of place in the environment in his Operator video i'm surprised that wasn't just a lead in to the guy having thermal optics. I predict many rounds going to a time out now as people playing the newly buffed Glaz try and fail to take potshots and people that they can now clearly see but still can't hit because we're playing with a controller :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

When are the uniforms just going to be straight up regular street clothes? Makes me think of the weird,product placement unlockable costumes from Devil May Cry 2.

case in point

Not a particular fan of the clown pants but maybe Doc could rock those things.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Hard instead of fixing the objective randomization algorithm in Casual please just introduce small changes to the map everytime the game picks the same objective point.

Oh no we're in the construction/kids room bomb sites on house? Suddenly one of the outside windows leading into the point is indestructible! Maybe whoever owns the house took the stairs away because the kids are grounded.Perhaps the map suddenly has an earthquake happen and now the map is played while in freefall.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

My opinion of Frost is a little higher lately since the last time i was playing with my (newbie) friends we had an enemy team that was just rush hardcore with recruits on offense and defense.

Won in overtime with a wellplaced mat that the dude coulden't see because of all the smoke in the way :black101:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So for the first time since his uniform has come out, i've managed to get MVP with Rook AND be playing as him when we win the game so i can actually see his little animation.

I'm very disappointed that the didn't ham up how much he's beating his chest, they should have gone full on Gorrilla so that it comes off as less "wooo, we won, i'm so excited and pumped up" :effort:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Please please please let this be a return to Splinter Cell's multiplayer where Mercs could put down a toxic mine which would slowly kill you until you went over to your buddy to have it healed. Would be awesome although probably unlikely.

Also makes me miss shooting the mic rounds on Merc's as a Spy and listening in on their voice comms (original xbox so no party chat or 3rd party software here)

gently caress it, Hard please just make Ubisoft bring back old school Spy's vs Mercs in the next Splinter Cell game, i know they are making one eventually.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Merc vs Spy multiplayer was so loving good, too good for this world it seems :rip: Why they made a bunch of lovely single player splinter cell games after that instead of just making an awesome multiplayer game I'll never understand.

Blacklist is really good though despite the lovely multiplayer thrown in. Although their 2v2 "classic" playlist that made the maps darker was a step in the right direction.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It's the worst feeling in the world to get killed by sombody rushing/peeking outside. But it's the best feeling in the world to counter that.

Bonus points if the person quits after you kill them :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Loopoo posted:

Twitch drone is so good at trolling. Nothing worse than being a defender in a really tense situation and then that lovely little thing comes by and zaps you. You're torn between shooting it and keeping your eyes on the door you know they're about to rush through. But for real, the drone doing 10 damage a pop is unreal.

Is it 10 damage to everybody? I thought it did less depending on how much armor you had?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I present for evidence that controller aiming is best aiming

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtMYzqyMe4b6gUbAwt1AyeA2w8fk -a Fuze taking down Tachanka on his turret (the turning radius and the fact that the MG has a poo poo ton of kick saved him more than the shield i think)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtMYzqyMe4b6gUe-qjf0BMpaPz6F -One of myself strangely using the Bearing as the great weapon it actually is! I ended up getting the Ace this round as a bonus :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

That Twitch player not helping against Cav really,really triggered me.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I wish Mute had more uniform choices, i actually like picking him a good majority of the time but all he has is the dark green and it doesn't really look that good on him.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It reminds me of Halo 2 multiplayer and the Warthog, people almost never called it Warthog. Every time sombody would say "get in the truck" or "get in the jeep"

Or my favorite "who got the car blown up?"

At least with sombody like Tachanka, his namr is a literal translation :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Much harder to spot, and since you only need to break one laser for the claymore to go off there's no point in having the whole thing stick out really.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So what's the best way to use Buck's shotgun for breaching? It seems like it fucks up walls and hatches pretty well but for doors and windows it seems inconsistant?

Edit:That part with Rook on the plane in the second video really,really reminds me of the reveal trailer for this game where they had people doing that kind of thing on house (trying to slowly advance behind a shield man while peeking i mean) and now we see why you should never try this in game :allears:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 24, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So how is she blowing up the friendly claymore? Or is sombody somehow in control of the drone and blew it up manually?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Hard fix your steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It kinda looks like controller buttons on the bottom too? It's a bit cut off so it's hard to tell but if he managed that with an Xbox controller than god bless him, Valkyrie to perfect for this world.

• Locked thread