Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Goodbye and good riddance to Yacht and Favela. Garbage maps always and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Im surprised Plane didnt get the axe. Its pretty bad on offense.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

CJ posted:

If you don't stick around you get 0 renown and no addition to your roll bonus, it's fine. If they gave you rolls for losing that would lead to rampant afking.

This doesn't seem to be a good deterrent. Every game I played last night had at least one person rage quit as soon as the first round was lost.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Duggler posted:

Once you get out of copper people tend to leave less

This is in casual. Ranked is too stressful for me with the reduced timer. And people get mad when you try to revolver gimmick or play Cav.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Oh true. It's only been in the game for nearly 2 years. Can't expect it to have properly placed everyone yet.

Ranks are reset when they do new operations.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bullet patterns as consistant as they are in the ADS seem like theyll be really easy to macro. The videos Ive seen have no spread or variation in the pattern when ADSing, just nice predictable lines.

I'm not sold on the Kapkan changes. The 2/2 change and the removal of the laser is a godsend and definitely something he needed but doing 40 damage seems underwhelming considering how many counters they have, how predictable they can be, and the number of limitations on where they can be placed. Maybe have them put the target in DBNO like Frosts traps.

Blitz changes own bones.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

CSGOs recoil patterns work because there is a bit of randomness to them, even with perfect macro control. If siege is going to make their patterns that predictable when using sights they might as well just remove ADS recoil entirely and put everyone on a level playing field.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Kikas posted:

Are the patterns even gonna be a thing when not aiming down sights?

They are. This video shows off every gun and its spray pattern.

https://youtu.be/pUn6ssSw1oc

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

It will ruin the lower skill tiers by making everyone using the macro have perfect body shot accuracy and it will ruin the mid tiers when garbage players are moved up to them because of it. But I guess as long as diamond players are inconvenienced by recoil 5% less often its worth it.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Let bandit put batteries on castle walls

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Penpal posted:

That would be just as useless as electrifying barbed wire. Just prone and pop it, then continue as usual.

I wish Castle's barricades were a little tougher

Duct tape them to the back at chest level.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Tumble posted:

Is there any reason to use a red-dot or holographic sight instead of a reflex? it seems like the reflex takes up less space on the gun and gives you more side view, so i don't really understand the point of the other ones

A surprising number of people dont understand how the triangle reticle works.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Tumble posted:

it's so tiny and efficient though :3

The only better one is the Russian reflex sight. I'd put that thing on every gun in the game if I could.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Are Yings flash gadgets broken or am I using them wrong? I've been having them land directly on enemies but they're still unaffected and shoot me the second I peek them. In one case this happened while the grenade was still going off two feet in front of them.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Penpal posted:

Does anyone know the reason for ranked still being in beta after all this time?

"Why is ranked so bad"
"it's just beta you aren't allowed to criticize it!!"

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

"Win x rounds as Spetznaz" is a challenge I've never completed. They're just so bad. Glaz is sometimes ok but his gun sucks and his gadget is boring.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cool, someone modernized YTMND.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Rooks usefulness falls off as you get more experienced but he's great for low level play where you and the enemy have no idea what you're doing and are mostly firing body shots at each other. This mostly stops above silver ranks but depending on who you're playing with and your own skill that can take a while.

Really though the best option is to just buy the full version of the game when it's on sale.

• Locked thread