Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Caffeine IV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cov6N2YLH0 covers everyone but Hibana/Echo. I feel like I remember something about Thunt recoil being different from pvp, but maybe I'm insane???

Some people have a lot of time on their hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Fix the Kafe spawns :argh:

Overall great improvements, and glad to see Bandit got his extra battery that I bitched about in the last thread.

Shield C4 resistance is gonna be awesome, only thing I'm not happy with is BB's reduced shield HP. Maybe give him 3 instead of 2 for some balance to the lower HP? poo poo already breaks in 2 seconds against a good SMG burst.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

IceOrb posted:

Hard,

When you guys roll back the FUZE buff because all the youtube superstars complain to you guys about him being OP can you instead make it so that we can swap his lethal charges for non lethal? (Flash and Smoke)

Tia.

Fuze flash grenades would be amazing and terrifying, I like it.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Map creation would be tits, that was one of my favorite parts of Rogue Spear.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I might have missed it earlier in the thread but how do you report someone to Battleye? Is it just through their website or is there a Uplay or in-game option?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
First bug I've run into since downloading the patch. Second map in while playing Canal:

Happened during prep phase and then persisted during action phase, couldn't see my operator's POV at all.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Triggs posted:

First bug I've run into since downloading the patch. Second map in while playing Canal:

Happened during prep phase and then persisted during action phase, couldn't see my operator's POV at all.

Aaaand same thing just happened on Consulate. I didn't quit out of the game before trying another match so it seems to persist unless you restart the game.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
My favorite is how Jackal doesn't even look at the camera in his portrait, dude is looking for footprints on the ceiling or something

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Hard posted:

We do yeah but try this.
https://www.r6db.com/

Neat, I didn't know this was a thing.

Blackbeard and Mute are my two most used operators but interestingly enough I have the highest K/D and W/L with IQ. Huh.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The most success I've had with one is on valk. If I have an idea of where the enemy is she's fast enough to rush them, and with the shotgun you only need to kind of be aiming at their head. I do wish their fall off wasn't so harsh

I had a match today where I opened the double door entrance on Coastline (the one by the sports car) and took down an Ash standing behind the armored car. I had Valk's shotgun and was actually surprised it did anything at that range. So yeah, Valk's shotgun is still pretty good.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Patch request: Glaz hitreg. Happens almost every time I'm playing him. Shots are blatantly on target with minimal movement but they register as misses.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Speaking of 1070 problems, does anyone else get random freezing/stuttering during drone phase? I've had it forever and only recently had it happen to me during one during attack phase.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
My question is how has there not been a hotfix to stop the notification bug?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Welp, an old bug is officially back. If you prime a grenade, cancel the action, and switch to your drone or camera you get blown up again. Hard, fix your game.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Ran into my first bot tonight. Not game breaking at all but still weird.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I half jokingly TK'ed a level 397 diamond player last night.

Turns out it might have been Macie Jay.

Whoops.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Hey Hard, are we ever going to get an option to report toxic players? Just had a ranked match where these two did nothing but spam the entire match:

Triggs fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 23, 2017

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Penpal posted:

Tune into some maciejay twitch streams for full rounds, and check out his YouTube channel for videos about specific operators. When he streams he's consistently describing why he's doing something or what his plan of attack is. I've found the pro league streamers play a little more seriously and don't devote much time to explaining what they're doing because they're focused on winning, which makes it a little harder to learn from but it's still good.

That and playing some Terrorist Hunt missions online to work on your map knowledge. You can create a custom game and hop into a map as well if you want to poke around, but I've only ever found the need to do t-hunts. Early on I would constantly lose track of where the cameras outside were...

There is a pretty steep learning curve but to be honest it's almost entirely map knowledge. You learn the quirks of each operator but they're abilities usually deal with navigating the destructable environment or getting information.

Also don't be afraid to try things. I remember in like the first month playing finally getting the courage to kool-aid man rush with Sledge and enjoyed every minute of it.

Also the reason I recommend YouTube (and maciejay in particular) is because as someone first starting out, the moment you see him make a rotate hole with an impact grenade in a spot that never occurred to you, or use Cav's shotgun to drop from 2nd floor Consulate to the 1st floor and then to the basement through hatches you didn't know were directly on top of each other will instantly leave an impression. The times when you decide to be a wizard and generate a door are the best.

Also ask questions in VoIP chat, some people are toxic but you'll more than likely get someone who likes answering questions.

And do all of the situations

All great advice, I've picked up some neat tricks from watching Macie and Serenity17.

Also, this is a no-brainer but if you've got the HD texture pack installed just uninstall it and try going with lower graphical settings. I just did this for my GTX 1070 and I'm noticing a significant difference in FPS. Aiming feels much crisper and precise and my shot placement has seen a significant improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Most of the operators are wearing headphones anyway so it would make sense they aren't completely deaf

Headphone meta chat ITT let's go

• Locked thread