Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I picked this game back up after not playing it since late 2015. It seems to still have the same problems connecting me to my friends to make a squad on PS4 despite opening a million ports and all of that nonsense. Is there some easy fix for this that I don't know about?

Which of the non-release Operators are the best? I don't have any new ones yet and since they cost lots of rainbowbux I don't want to buy a really obviously bad one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

I picked this game back up after not playing it since late 2015. It seems to still have the same problems connecting me to my friends to make a squad on PS4 despite opening a million ports and all of that nonsense. Is there some easy fix for this that I don't know about?

Nobody knows anything eh? I opened a ticket with Ubisoft and they said they would send me an email with a fix that works for "9 out of 10" people but they still haven't sent it so idk.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Hard posted:

It's kinda weird that they sent an email telling that they would send you a fix when they could have done it in the first place. :shrug:

I contacted through live support, they said they would email but it would "take a while to put it together" which yeah, sounds weird since he was saying how it has worked for so many other people. If it worked for others it must be a canned copy/paste thing, but then why would it take a while to put together?

Hard posted:

Does it give you an error code? If so gimme gimme.

2-0x0000E000, both NATs open as EGGS said, both have a ton of ports forwarded and all that stuff. One time I deleted him from my friend list and then re-added him and it worked, but that hasn't worked again, it's basically a 45 minute science experiment every time we want to try and play.

Scarf Ace posted:

Our group still has this issue. Just earlier today we spent 45 minutes jumping from squad to squad with someone always not able to join. The worst part is sometimes it'll just magically work after trying the same poo poo for an hour straight. All our NATs are either Open or Moderate, too. No issue with any other games, just R6. Let me know if support has a fix (lol)

Yeah it seems to be totally random how to fix it. Something that works once rarely works again.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Update, the "fix" Ubisoft emailed to me was to make sure my NAT was open and to forward a list of ports I had already opened. :rolleyes:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I did. PS: they're now trying to get me to screenshot my router settings etc. to "prove" I did what they asked. It's very dumb. I'm just going to close the ticket and continue playing literally every other video game, which has no problems like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Mans posted:

Support has to know that you've done what they asked. You know how many dumbasses just blaze through instructions without doing them?

I understand what you are saying, but considering that support told me they had some amazing fix for me but needed a few days to put it together, and then just emailed me a copy/paste of an existing support article, I don't really have a lot of faith in them and don't see the need to waste my time jumping through hoops for them to give me crap answers.

Thanks to those offering more advice and PMing, etc. - I still like this game - it's great - I just don't bother trying to party up unless there's 3+ of my friends online so that we can find the weird rube goldberg series of invites that gets us all in a group.

Also my PSN has the word DADDY in it and last night I played terrorist hunt with a man who kept calling me DADDY but kept getting increasingly uncomfortable about it, A+

• Locked thread