Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Lid posted:

Splits

Fuckin' bicycle tories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Lid posted:

Splits

He's not wrong. Jeremy 'parliamentary friend of Israel' has essentially been cheating and helping out his own factional mates in the past two preselections and stacked the disputes committee to get away with it.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
New Years thread please.

"Destination Splitsville: Population You"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Choice of the NSW Greens.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Auspol told you about splits bro

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

quote:

Abbott had a once-in-a lifetime mandate to reset government. And he blew it.

He was what the Americans call a “cuckservative”, a cuckolded conservative. He wimped out in office, tried to appease the left and sold out conservatives.

That is from the article, not the comments.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Wow my instinct after reading this pile of rubbish was to defend Tony Abbott. What a good start to the year.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The first thing I think of when I think of Tony Abbott is 'left appeaser'.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Fucken lol. Tony Abbott, appeaser of Lefties. Happy New Year everyone!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Wow my instinct after reading this pile of rubbish was to defend Tony Abbott. What a good start to the year.

After that, the only way to go is up.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Starshark posted:

The first thing I think of when I think of Tony Abbott is 'left appeaser'.

It's the bedtime stories they tell themselves. Everyone hated him? Must have tried to appease the left. Couldn't be because he was a useless arsehole at all.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hello from 2016; please tell me it's better in 2017.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It is not, I feel sick.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Oh my god

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mainstream journalism has gone from just stealing all their stories from bloggers to imitating their writing styles as well.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It's funny that Devine can come up with "delcon" as a term but not realise how much it applies to her.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Time for a message of peace, hope and optimism from Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
We can all be proud of how much we achieved such as

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
What a great and thorough list of achievements. The Liberals should be proud of themselves.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to the achievement ceremony. Now for some music *elevator muzak emits from speakers, speaker walks out*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I can't stop laughing at the "harmonious society, with people of all faiths, cultures and backgrounds living together in peace"

Well I guess as long as you are either not a Muslim or Sudanese.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I admire the somewhat restrained use of dog whistles. I expected more. Lol at :australia: "strengths: Freedom, Diversity and Security"? :psyduck: It's right up there with:

Liberté, égalité, fraternité (Liberty, Equality and Fraternity)
Liberty, Equality, Justice.

Why not just come out with a preamble to our constitution that truly reflects our national character?

gently caress You, Got, Mine.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Cartoon posted:

Why not just come out with a preamble to our constitution that truly reflects our national character?

gently caress You, Got, Mine.
Pretty weak, The Bulletin's slogan was much more apt.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Pretty weak, The Bulletin's slogan was much more apt.
Which was?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Cartoon posted:

Which was?

Australia For the White Man.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Australia For the White Man.

I feel like the words "Rich Conservative" are missing from there somewhere.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

adamantium|wang posted:

Time for a message of peace, hope and optimism from Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull:

This is one of the most pathetic, uninspiring speeches I've ever seen, up there with Abbott whinging about his co-payment at the G20. How can one man be so weak?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

open24hours posted:

This is one of the most pathetic, uninspiring speeches I've ever seen, up there with Abbott whinging about his co-payment at the G20. How can one man be so weak?

His victory speech was worse.

Also they must be making GBS threads themselves that the last round of security theatre didn't scare anyone.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They've been pushing it for 15 loving years and nothing's happened which could rise above the general background noise.

It's about bloody time people started calling bullshit on them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Melbourne landlord blasted for installing coin-operated toilet

A MELBOURNE landlord has been blasted online after a tenant revealed he had installed a coin-operated toilet in the house, requiring the tenants to pay per flush.
That’s right, the stingy landlord and owner of an apartment property in Thornbury has reportedly equipped the toilet with a mechanism that means residents have to pay $1 to flush the dunny.
Unsure about the legality of such a contraption, the tenant posted the story on forum-based social media website reddit to ask the community if the landlord was allowed to do this.
“I understand in our laundry having to pay for the communal washing machine. But I pay the water bill that goes into my apartment,” the tenant wrote.
“[The landlord] said it was a government incentive to save water. But then why does he get to collect the money?”
As you might expect, the tenant said it makes it very awkward to entertain guests.
“The worst thing is not having any dollar coins on hand. Especially when I have guests over. It’s really embarrassing and gross for them.”
Such is the ridiculousness of coin-operated toilet that the post was initially removed because reddit moderators on the Melbourne subreddit didn’t believe the story was true.
But the tenant has since posted proof of the situation by sharing a picture of the toilet and the post has been republished.

Plenty of reddit users condemned the landlord’s actions, suggesting it was illegal for him to charge tenants for using the toilet.
“Yes, that is highly illegal,” wrote one.
“This guy is ripping you off in a most heinous way,” wrote another.
The tenant said they have now sought legal advice over the issue.
“At least with the help of others I have been using tips and also a lawyer has sent me her details to help me out with the legal side of things. So I’m glad I made this post,” they wrote.
news.com.au has contacted the tenant for comment.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/o...325438ffaf6aa56

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Libertarian landlord spotted. Calling it now.

Wonder if the tenant will be able to claim back all their rent since their apartment doesn't appear to have a usable toilet.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
You can flush a toilet with a bucket filled from the sink.

Also, when they lawyer up he's gonna be in the poo poo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DancingShade posted:

Libertarian landlord spotted. Calling it now.

Wonder if the tenant will be able to claim back all their rent since their apartment doesn't appear to have a usable toilet.

I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
Better not have a two flusher before payday.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

foot posted:

Better not have a two flusher before payday.

Stick your arse out the window as a workaround.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Coin opperated John Galt

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Pissing away your paycheque.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The door refused to open. It said, “Five cents, please.”

He searched his pockets. No more coins; nothing. “I’ll pay you tomorrow,” he told the door. Again he tried the knob. Again it remained locked tight. “What I pay you,” he informed it, “is in the nature of a gratuity; I don’t have to pay you.”

“I think otherwise,” the door said. “Look in the purchase contract you signed when you bought this conapt.”

In his desk drawer he found the contract; since signing it he had found it necessary to refer to the document many times. Sure enough; payment to his door for opening and shutting constituted a mandatory fee. Not a tip.

“You discover I’m right,” the door said. It sounded smug.

From the drawer beside the sink Joe Chip got a stainless steel knife; with it he began systematically to unscrew the bolt assembly of his apt’s money-gulping door.

“I’ll sue you,” the door said as the first screw fell out.

Joe Chip said, “I’ve never been sued by a door. But I guess I can live through it.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

New thread, happy new year :suicide:

• Locked thread