Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

to the guy asking about a mouse, a while ago this model was recommended in the mouse thread

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-M90...se&tag=rnwap-20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Raskolnikov posted:

Pineapple on pepperoni is the real winner. It's like #winning by slumming.

Seriously, it's good. Call me.
poo poo is tough okay?

Yeah combining sweet with spicy is an old trick, something about taste and chemical process blabla I forgot the explanation.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

Sandi gettin salty with the backers

Annabelle 'Boo' Huxley | AnnabelleBooHuxley said:
[source]
OP they won't be showing it.

It's over. Move on.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/360988/so-no-sq42-for-holiday-live-stream

What does "It's over. Move on." mean in that context? Ie why is she not banned yet for heresy.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

cig dumb, so what

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

holy poo poo this stream

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Is calling it Spectrum some kind of autism joke?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Mirificus posted:

Gamasutra: Miyamoto: 'You can't just throw every good idea you have into a game'

Shigeru Miyamoto posted:

"I think that the ability to collect and organize things is even more important to making games than the power of imagination and creativity."

I think that applies to every art form. Having a shitload of ideas is one thing, forming them to a coherent whole another.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

dude sounds like a goon

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Because you know what that would do? The same exact thing as if you had released the information. It gets out that the small group of people that knew about it are your sources.

that's what I thought as well, but maybe he's just trolling and trying to increase paranoia. whatever.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Pretty hosed up that FAU is a shitizen. A couple of things make more sense now.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

You can buy a cute slave girl for $1000, "Lya", comes with a chain for your private quarters.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

DapperDon posted:

My best friend passed away Christmas eve. Went to the open casket service last nite. 2016 has been a monster. I haven't slept or eaten right in days. Glad to have this place and you guys to get my mind off of things. :negative:.

my condolences that sucks

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

what about the companies that aren't registered in the US? wouldn't be surprised if they direct funds to a dutch holding, then to switzerland, and then god knows where. (e.g.)

e: oh ok you said US entities. I have a cold.

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 3, 2017

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Xaerael posted:

3rd movie is a joint second in my opinion, but ONLY the director's cut, which makes a ton more sense and flows way better in it's unfucked by the studio form. The only bad 'un imo is resurrection, which is bullshit awful, and what happens when you get a a director who's normal theme is quirky-weird.

screenplay by josh whedon iirc

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Sillybones posted:

More they want to play one of the many open play modes in Arma engines. Life, or what ever it is called. Or just loving pen and paper roleplay.

Seriously, a pen and paper rpg is probably the only gametype that'll give them the kind of freedom they want/expect.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

nintendo switch exclusive

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

man I'd totally watch a professional bunny boxing league

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

SEA PATROL

The new Grim Hex bar looks great.

death to recreational divers

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

phosdex posted:

Yes, you're right not everyone on patreon is a youtube creator. But you're the one projecting here, I just think it's weird.

it's a new of financing, that's all. it's weird but so is downloading movies, online shopping, social media, and everything else the internet brought along.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no it's not. It's an internet mediated version of the patronage system, but on a monthly basis.

yeah it's not new except for the internet part.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

TrustmeImLegit posted:

We just got loving torched

Give me the SadArseclowns gangtag.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

cheese with food coloring? alternatively toxic sludge sandwich.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Hav posted:

That cannot be right.

maybe it's a tech bro. could be chump change.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

My wife and I just went to the court and payed 45$ to get married.

:shrug: I guess we missed out.

mazel tov! skip the honeymoon and buy some spaceships, commando

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Semisponge posted:

That looks like a used tampon.

go see a doctor

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Hav posted:

He did, over yonder and thither.

I've sunk some time into Andromeda. It's space dragon age inquisition, which means there are side quests out the wazoo, and the average ADHD collector will be burned out on bullshit before getting to the meat.

If you're about to play andromeda, just do the main missions to get to Eos and do not gently caress about. Forget the shinies, don't explore Nexus, just get on your bus and head to Eos.

Animation is fine, Frostbite always looks loving wonky with light (Their SSAO blows goats around hair), and the writing is bad, but not entirely terrible. Plot holes four Lesnick's wide. Can't beat it for space opera, though.

How is the gently caress?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

There are a couple open source discord clones in the wild, I thought that's where spectrum was taken from. Really, discord and slack clones are nothing new.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

what is cuntifas i dont get it

it's probably taken from antifas

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Viscous Soda posted:

Is nobody going to comment on how those cats are in what looks like a office, sealed with a chunk of drywall shoved into the door handles? Because I'm pretty sure I could push out of there, much less 400 pounds of predator.

I'm guessing Saudi Arabia (for the lols). Also, an art gallery.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

dat feel when gameplay organically grows from your assets

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

also i released a game in about ten months of development and i'm gonna get paid for it

does this make me more of a game developer than chris roberts

y u hate dream

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

sick av dude

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

I've been home sick recently, and playing a shitload of Grand Theft Auto V, and one thing I noticed is how well Rockstar made the AI seem like it works. Once you start looking closely you notice spawn configurations and duplicates and paths and all that, but if you're just cruising around it really does look and feel like you're in a city. I was thinking yesterday that they managed to make something look good without being overly complex and eating up a shitload of resources, and I can't for the life of me imagine CIG being able to get fifteen NPCs to share a cafeteria together without it going completely wrong, subsumption and all.

Have you seen people playing GTA V RP on Twitch? It's amazing how alive the city feels, when you throw a bunch of real people role-playing in.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Lol @ snowflakes bitching about 13 fps. It's perfectly fine. High fps in a rich environment would undermine the gravity of travelling on a foreign planet.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Various Meat Products posted:

Is star citizen pay2lose?

the only winning move is not to pay

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/cdarwin/status/885149709492305920

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

AbstractNapper posted:

That's one of the final circles of hell in Dante's Inferno, isn't it?

You're a giant donut, and Ben is eating you while narrating Wing Commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Ayn Marx posted:

I can't wait for the gamasutra and gamesindustry.biz articles with insider interviews when this thing dies

Going to be quite the read I think

What about NDAs though