Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

MilesK posted:

Must be hard living with a reality where everybody can't live up to your standards.

That post is so hard and wise. Dude must have lived a rich life so far lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Toops posted:

:lol: boy you GREAT

Yeah haha lol

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

why do you all post so badly

Because they are mostly euro dorks.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Fangrim posted:

Nobody should be going around saying the N-word when they want, but when Kendrik Lamar is on stage singing it, it's OK because he's black. That's OK I guess, as it's the norm. But then he invites a white girl up to sing along with him, singing a song that has the N-word in the chorus. She sings it as it's written, and he stops the song and tell her it's nok OK.

If he didn't want a white girl singing his song as is, then he ought to have told her beforehand to replace the N-word with something else. Instead he ridicules her in front of everyone. Maybe he should have found a song that could be sung by a white person without it being offensive.

Should she have thought of it herself? Maybe, but if I was a fan and I got on stage in front of thousands, singing a song together with my idol, I don't think I'd have that as the foremost thing on my mind.

That aside, my point is that had it for example been B-Real of Cypress Hill using the N-word in a rap song, nobody would've lifted an eyebrow - and he's not black. So it's not OK for a white person to sing the N-word, as she's not black - fair enough. But neither is B-Real. Where's the line?

When I read Titanic's excellent post I was laughing my rear end off, because it was so beautifully written. I thought of the SJW movement and wondered if it would be acceptable to them, because she's female. And what would happen if a guy wrote it?

That's pretty much all ;o)

You somehow stand out as a moron even in the star citizen thread

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Fangrim posted:

Nice. Please tell me more about it.

Well, your opinions are dumb and you are a dismissive douchebag instead of having the possibility of ever considering how and why your opinions are so dumb.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Fangrim posted:

Fair enough.

I guess I don't know anything about Social Justice Development.

Oh no, someone disagrees with me. Better pull out my one and only sjw attack that makes me feel smugly superior

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Fangrim posted:

Same here. I made my point, and yeah, seems I made a friend. Touchy subject brings out touchy people I guess ;o) Not gonna touch the poop any more.

It's this complete douchebag attitude that will never allow you to understand a female or minority perspective on anything, but it doesn't matter, i guess. It's not like you'd ever find yourself where people don't just agree with you while also just happening to look just like you.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

FailureToReport posted:

Nope......totally agree. All the basic white people sing that song all the time and I'm sure they totally censor themselves when they are singing it, Kendrick knows who his audience is, he has no issue throwing that word in his songs, if he pulls someone up there to sing it with him, it shouldn't matter if they are brown/white/pink/green.

If it's such a terrible terrible word, we should probably all stop using it, but that doesn't sell records.

Lol, this thread is such a dump. It should go the way of derek smart.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Im the stains on the guys pants whos holding the prostitute

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Axegrinder posted:

Just posting here at the end to say I love you all, and this thread has been the most entertaining and educational spot on the forums for many years!

All the same, I crave.. closure...

What a dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Following this video game like this is so mentally weird. One of the worst threads in all of sa. Ever