Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AlmightyPants posted:

What if MoMA's source is crobberts? That would explain his delusional predictions about what is about to be shown as well as his smugness towards being the one with the uncle who works at Nintendo CIG.

Meeting in an underground carpark at night (they were going to be above ground but MoMA clipped into the floor), they are a pair of shadowy figures T-Posing in their underwear (clothing bug) as a piece of paper floats between them. Head straining to see the writing on account of his body suddenly spasmodically flopping all around in front of him, MoMA gazes upon the scrawl across the paper.

"Game is amazing, mulitplayer fantastic, totally grey-boxxed"

In elation, MoMA flies off into the night by the power of his compressed air spouting nipples, the gentle "pssssssshhhhhhhhhhh" a promise of source secrecy. PARPthroat will surely bring down Derek Tarmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'm the Doom/Halo thing okay, it's a homage more of equivalent tribute, but digitially because you can't like, do with the just tracing stuff.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Imagine being so creatively bankrupt you think your lovely dude versus dude fps needs a nostalgia trip image derived from a game your game is nothing like.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I know why they get mad about it, but Derek's stalkers getting mad about Beer is still amazing to watch in a curious way.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Guys I think Moma's whole "I have sources" thing is just a joke about Derek.

He started doing it after one of his many beltdowns about TheAgent, 8ace and Derek so yeah I've always figured it was just pot-stirring. But in fairness I treat his predictions the same as anyone's, I wait to see what they get right and go "That's neat" afterwards.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Today has been super loving weird and this is the thumb-shaped cherry on top. I can't even begin to believe this happened. I'll check in tomorrow after some sleep to determine whether or not I passed out at work and this is all a bizarre dream.

Merry Chris-mass-fuckup everyone.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Well I had a good sleep and Merry Christmas to everyone from Australia but holy poo poo, it's real and it's insane. Lumberyard.

Truly, this thread gave me the greatest present of all. Complete bewilderment.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

a cyberpunk goose posted:

You can't just make shifty vague posts all the time padded by 4 paragraphs of ancillary details that we all already know and act like you're bringing anything to the table

I think he can!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Promise me that if the game actually comes out, Goons will adopt Kilrathi avatars and meowing speech packs the better to taunt their victims with.

Everyone likes to throw out the what-ifs for the completely unlikely event of SC being released as a possible win for people from here but even if it did, would anyone seriously want to give Chris Roberts money? After all this?

I don't think trying to fill a bucket with commando-tears would be worth the price of admission if it meant giving a single dollar to these people.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

You should give your legal team a list of known trolls so when they proofread your posts you don't come off looking foolish.

He's pretty obviously yanking our chains on this. The man's being doing this for so long the chain could have choked him to death and he'd still find some way to yank it so people would think he wasn't dead.

D_Smart posted:

He's pretty much walked himself into a corner.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4944034&viewfull=1#post4944034

Also, if you look at this bullshit chart, there is no accounting for the "50%" modification to their version of CE 3.x. Like it never even existed.

Well if Ben's goal was to utterly confuse anyone who didn't understand what the gently caress they're doing with Lumberyard, he's succeeded mightily on my end. At this point the message his post gives me (where he agrees with someone's quote) is their StarEngine stuff still has nothing from Lumberyard in it? I feel like I'm wrong with that. They're obfuscating this into a loving spaghetti nightmare.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Revenge of the Ring is my favourite story from recent Star Citizen, right up there with the eternal battle against elevators. I want to know how it's possible for something to go this mental.

TheAgent posted:

no tomorrow the layoffs begin

Can they still be called leavers when they're not allowed into the building the day they get axed?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Gim Hex lacks that certain charm of its parts disengaging and rotating incorrectly around itself that Port Olisar has.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

BeefThief posted:

Weren't they making a documentary of this as part of the stretch goals? I remember seeing a pic with sandy and a bunch of really expensive looking equipment back in like 2015.

With how things are going I would be shocked (with the voltage tripling every second) if they actually put that thing out. The narration would have to be as though it was a success story (it is their narrative after all), and I don't think you can call anything but a release a success. Hell I suppose in that regard, there's no conclusion to it.

An article about its demise like that EQNext one is more likely.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

Considering they were filming it over a year or 2 ago, I'm sure it was all portrayed as if the game was a huge triumphant success.

So they will need to wait until the game is actually released to show anything

It will be pretty awkward because I'm sure by the time they have to cut out any scenes with filthy leavers in it, the only people left in the movie will be Chris and Sandi and maybe Ben

Liquidators and Creditors looking to claw back some investment money when this all goes cocks up please look to getting the documentary as assets and turning it into a mockumentary.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

Moma said he'd played 40 hours but the leaderboard shows the top player is that drunken pua streamer twat with 30 hours.

Moma why you gotta lie, it hurts us bad.

He's still mad about TheAgent and is puppet-mastering the ultimate series of lies. Or something. Maybe huffing paint.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

http://whois.domaintools.com/pixelemonade.com

An article from a site registered less than 5 days ago that claims 66210 Views on the article published about Star Citizen today. Alongside 5 random articles about Trump, tennis, and a Syrian car bomb.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Star Citizen is clearly just making big waves in journalist circles.

If this gets any shadier I'm gonna use it to escape the summer sun.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Booourns posted:

It's creepy that some people hate ben so much that they're planning to harass his wife over social media

Anyone doing that's no better than Karl trying to get people to contact Derek's family and should knock it the gently caress off or at least stop trying to seek approval for it here.

Like if you want to be the Derek Smart stalking subreddit maintained by damaged people and frequented by damaged manchildren go right ahead but don't come here expecting anyone to slap you on the back and congratulate you for sinking to the level of the very people we laugh at daily.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

TheAgent posted:

hello

• backers will be able to "early access" (alpha test) the sqlude
  • this will be considered the "preview" release version (mvp I guess)
  • this will also count as the first episode
  • in order to alpha test other episodes/content, backers will have to pay
  • SQ42 is "tied deeply" into SC techwise/network
  • currently no plans for completely offline play
  • ships, skins and other cash shop items cross over game modes
  • "original vision" (internally called OV or CV?) candidate sometime in 2019 with promised sq42 feature list

and in wtf news

and since this is all p dire have some more leaks from 100% confirmed sources
  • 3.0 will release sometime in late Feb 2017
  • all 3 episodes of SQ42 will be out before citcon
  • 4.0 is coming along very well, I've played it several times and its amazing
  • planetary landings in cities will make you want to jizz over a custom built star citizen branded hotas
  • procgen tech is unlike anything anyone has ever seen ever by anyone
  • I hate chris roberts
  • I am derek smart
  • I collect paychecks from EA
  • I am so gay
  • I only play on consoles because I don't own a PC
  • I am jealous of everyone at CIG/RSI
  • I won't know what to do when chris roberts proves me and my ilk totally wong [sic]

How gay we talkin' here also post the hate-mails.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

They're just playing D&D, Chris is the Dungeon Master and they're arguing about Tony making a flesh golem and wanting to call it Star Citizen.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Wow, that's some straight up OT level 8 scientology poo poo there. I'm pretty sure I played that game and I have no idea what you are posting about.

I had to play the game twice before I understood it but yeah it's pretty wack.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Trolling /ds is getting too easy...

Say what you want about Derek but the man has these children in a perpetual state of anxiety.

TheAgent posted:

my favorite part of vii is the crossdressing former genocidal soldier that ends up having sex with 40 year old men

If that gets left out of the remake I riot.

Amarcarts posted:

I seem to remember ultimately we were promised 70 missions in Squadron 42.

I'm sure they really meant objectives. 7 objectives. Where did the zero go? Oh it was a zero so it had no value so we just scrubbed it off.

Sappo569 posted:

They will go with whatever narrative suits them at the time

When posting pictures of Crobbits skyping someone across the globe while sipping from his CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES branded coffee mug, having multiple studios is the best thing ever because while one studio is sleeping another is awake picking up the slack

Or as we see now, the narrative is that Crobbizle CEO Chairman and Lord Over All must personally sit down with his top men, no matter the cost and distance !! That is just how dedicated he is

Honestly Chris just looks like wants them to get a desk that looks like it was made out of a plane's wing.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

"I can't work under these conditions, they're not fidelitous enough. Yes I'm sure that's a word."

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

That series of edits loving annihilated all possible frowns I could make today, well done everyone.

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Today was a good day. Got good news from eye doctor that nerves look good and eye pressure was down into the "normal" range, high side of normal, but lower than it was a few weeks ago so doesn't look like I'll be going blind anytime soon.

Wing Commander saves again.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Man, that guy torpedoed his own argument before it even got going. By admitting that the pledge is a contract (and let's be real here purchases of a product are a form of contract in any legal system with the barest of consumer protections) he essentially admits there are terms related to it that if not met are actionable by one of the party to withdraw from it with reimbursement.

Toast's toothless TOS travesty can't stop anyone, only insolvency will prevent refunds being issued.

BeefThief posted:

Those refund requests will start getting denied very SoonTM

Well, by denied I assume you mean there won't be a customer assistance in existence to answer anyone's requests.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

sooo. zanorith one of you nerds?

Not directly but when he's asleep I slip a headset on him that's attached to a tape player playing a cassette encouraging him to get into dumb internet fights over Star Citizen.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

If someone is loving with Cymelion please stop, you're freaking him out. I've been talking to the dude for over a year, he's deep in denial, determined to go down with the ship no matter what happens and he gets on my nerves on occasion but he's not actively malicious. Now he's saying that someone is sending him messages on Youtube that he's interpreting as threats and that someone made an account with a similar name and is posting racist stuff on reddit to make him look bad.

Dude is flipping out thinking SA is trawling his online presence and organizing some sort of mass attack on him. If any of you is touching the poop, please stop.

e: Cymelion is not a paid shill, of that I'm positively sure. The level of commitment he poured into this game makes me suspect he has some serious issues going on his life and at the very least he should get therapy, but he's a victim not a villain. Stop poking my pet whale. :argh:

Hmmm. Maybe I should check those tapes before I put the headphones on zanorith next time.

Zzr posted:

Like reveal his adress, phone number, real name and the scientology church he visits ? Someone can do it if it's funny, it's allowed by the mod-admin.

I did look his address up but the weird thing is his house is an exact replica of the White House, except apparently directly on top of my house.

He's crafty, I'll give him that.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

AP posted:

Lots of developers seem to be leaving CIG for whatever reason.

Well everything's grey-boxed and ready to go so what's the point in sticking around if you've done your job?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

jesus chris round two

Bent over tit

proffered buttock and/or closeup scrote

a literal cross section of a vag

The important question though, is how many of those things get used if you write "Backers getting hosed"?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Goobs posted:

nintendo switch looks amazing. the arms game is kinda meh though..

It's Virtua On with motion controls, I can get behind that.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

beep_boop posted:

Why would you buy a nintendo switch when you can buy a jpeg?

OMG that gives me an idea! I hope CIG sells jpegs of the stimstation 4, the hottest vidya game console this side of the 'verse

The Stimstation 4 is something you're forced to play where you're controlling someone else's nervous system to force them to run into a giant blender and attempting to stop playing causes your own body to be controlled by a new user forcing you into the blender. But if you win, the game just electrocutes you with a middling kind of electricity and the pain merely doubles every two seconds.

6/10 wait for new torture modules before committing.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

RSI's soon to be announced Japanese Studio's logo.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeakavbiwcd71rb/How%20it%20Works.pdf?dl=1

Absofuckinglutely brilliant.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Meridian posted:

It's stuff like this that makes me think that Citizens are really looking for Dwarf Fortress and should be encouraged to contribute to that project as it has far more depth than Star Citizen ever will.

Seriously. Give it another 10 years and I'm pretty sure Dwarf Fortress will have mechanics for launching your Dwarves into space to found space colonies (and then go to war against them in Dwarfdums when they go rogue) and Star Citizen still won't be out.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

poo poo, imagine a tantrum spiral colony drop.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

toanoradian posted:

can you translate for the people who hadn't played Dwarf Fortress

Thanks to certain circumstances and pressures a dwarf can "tantrum" which is probably closer to being described as "going loving berserk and trashing everything and everyone nearby". A tantrum spiral is where the damage wrought by an angry dwarf causes other dwarves to start throwing tantrums who in turn do damage that causes other dwarves to tantrum and so on until your entire fortress is just hosed beyond recovery.

I just made the natural connection that if you put dwarves in space there would be an inevitable moment where a tantrum spiral on a space colony causes said colony to be dropped on the planet.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Decrepus posted:

All of the advanced tech that CIG has developed such as meshy instance, procedural planet generation, and sentient AI, is all being sold to other companies for a lot of money and it's the reason why CIG already has enough money to complete Star Citizen and will never have to charge a prescription fee to maintain the servers or develop Star Citizen 2 which will allow you to import your Star Citizen character and retain all of your stuff. *breathes in but passes out anyway*

Quickly, someone refill this man's nipples with oxygen!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nah - Smarty doesn't win. I just rustle his Jimmies every now and then to keep his old man ticker going. It's all in good fun. But yeah, he's not right - ever.

Oh look, a complete back-down from the argument he started and a puppet-master defense. I'm not sure Derek Smart will ever be able to recover from being slapped on the shoulder by a wet newspaper, but it's definitely cured my insomnia.

Aw, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to him.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tokamak posted:

Ironclad financials.
- Toast, junior legal counsel.

It's always amazing when someone pretends to be an expert of or employed in a field they're blatantly incompetent in.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Dolvak is utterly terrified of being branded a "traitor" the same way he used to chase Beer around as one, so that response is hardly a shock. I wonder if he can find some way to back down out of that, like he used to whenever he'd go for Beer and get asked to post proof.

Sillybones posted:

I'm so sorry. I have no idea.

I have an idea, and that idea is that this is jawesome.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

GazChap posted:

Just seen Lethality's tweet about player-built stations supposedly coming in 3.0 or soon after.

They can never allow players to build their own stations, not only because the 100 1 systems that they have in the game would get filled up quicker than Ben's stomach, but because the dedicated citizens of the 'verse would make stations that are a gazillion times better than anything CIG have come out with - and probably a gazillion times quicker too.

I think it's fair to say they're not worried about that eventuality anyway, because if it's anything like the rest of their work the entire system will get "implemented" and attempting to put one part against another will cause the entire structure to begin wildly vibrating before launching off in a random direction, killing the player regardless of where they were floating at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

One thing I can say about Lethality is I appreciate that he's really into big open survival/exploration genre games that aren't inherently easy to get into, but has an understanding that most of them are complete dog-poo poo that never get past initial janky concept stages before all the magic is gone, so he spreads his wings far and wide to try and make sure he's hyped for literally all of them in the event one actually isn't bad.