Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tippis posted:

Also, continuing the discussion where we last left off…

Microsoft peripherals were amazing back in the day and some kind of silly brand loyalty to them is the only sensible reason not to go to Logitech. It would still be silly, but at least understandable.

Ok. Only 6664 to go.

I got a steel series sensei because it was on some sort of super sale and it's been ridiculously awesome.

I miss the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. The Sensei was the closest I could find to it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dammit, I was the second view.

Amazing video btw.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I like how the ship design is not conducive to anyone being outside their suits ever. The lunch room is an airlock!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Huh. CIG's ex facilities manager commented on LinkedIn that she had a manager (not sure it was CIG but it makes sense) threaten to snap her neck because she insisted that they install plenum rated network cable, whatever that is.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

trucutru posted:

Yeah, they got inspired by warframe and WH40K's Tau for the armor of the honorable japanese bird people.

But the game is never coming out so who cares about archer stuff

That's Volt Prime melted into Garrus.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Raskolnikov posted:

This is fine.

Oh so people can hover around the pads and steal ships?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nicholas posted:

how are people so stupid to think that any bank is going to hand out a million+ dollar loan at a lower interest rate than what you'd make from a free checking account

"Uh CIG is using this money to invest in financial instruments that are sure to pay off, which a multinational investment bank would never do."

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's just bizarre that they think these brilliant moneymaking schemes 1) are so obvious that they understand them from looking at this document 2) are so easy to pull off 3) the bank themselves would be unaware of this scheme and not get in on it, alone.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Virtual Captain posted:

Cool! I passed on Destiny because it looked like just another shooter and I guess that was pretty much proven to be accurate. This looks a little more promising.

Explination here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=217113&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post470115670

Warframe is one of the grindiest games on the face of the planet, except the entire time you're grinding you're sliding and flipping around at 100 mph murdering everything around you with space magic and the widest variety of weapons and styles ever seen in a video game.

It is totally worth exploring as long as you don't get locked into that keeping up with the Joneses' mentality where you need all the new poo poo that comes out. You will go goddamn insane doing that unless you want to throw $100 at each Prime Access.

The MMO experiment looks like a lot of fun because the game has been (huge) procedurally generated arenas, mostly indoors, for years. They're just making a 3km X 3km questing space and it's taken 6 months. It should be a really interesting experiment.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 10, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

It was more in the context of "I know you can't release things for us to test until they are perfect because of the naysayers, but boy howdy I sure wish you'd let us test poo poo."

Oh I forgot, can you kayak me for six? I missed out on the last round.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

These are the same people who whined endlessly about there being a "goon-run" leaks subreddit after they tried to draw and quarter the guy posting evocati leaks on the main subreddit lol.

Thanks for the sixer, my rapsheet is so much better now! Now to collect that little avocado from Literally a Bird.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think the term AI is really misused for video games because the enemies don't learn anything. It's just a bunch of pre-written patterns.

The Nemesis system really isn't A.I. either.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

why are the voices echoing, can they not afford real earpieces in space

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

character floating off the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Oh my god, this is amazing.