Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

"Guys, we're loving this up, and we've had several hundred refund requests in the last 10 mins alone. Get Chris and the hippy on screen and white noise about boring poo poo that no one cares about, but makes us look like we're busy and not on 48 hr cocaine benders."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

My god. Babble talk about farming. Seeds. Fertiliser. Space game.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

New live look in at the live stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4SJiAAMXo0

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

Isn't this the exact same gameplay they showed a couple months ago?

CIG is finally learning to stick to what works.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Jesus Christ how did I end up missing the best of all possible SC streams

You're really missing the biggest clusterfuck in their awful history.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

New live look in at the live stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7PlY_7TSJA&t=115s

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

(I'm sure I know pink-hair-girl, it's really annoying trying to place her every time I see her, but I'm sure I know her from the UK convention scene...)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Another live look in at the live stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_Dy5amlRw

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

It's loving hilarious that CCP managed to make an exactly same game in principle to Star Marine, but had 16v16, tanks, jeeps, dropships, turrets.... ON PS3 FIVE YEARS AGO.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

LOL ending up on another carcrash moment

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

GUEST STARRING THE SKYPE BLEEP!

loving hellfire.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

sorla78 posted:

So what does that bag cost?

It's one of those freakishly expensive, yet badly made things. Low to mid four figures, probably, if the brand is right. (It probably is).

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

ZenMaster posted:

Yeah, I am converting the video now, will be an hour or so for good quality... I'll try to cut those parts out and see what she was saying. :)

If your upload is good quality enough, I'll take a crack at it in soundbooth, but it's been a long time since I did and sound isolation/cleaning, so no one get too excited yet...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Xaerael posted:

It's one of those freakishly expensive, yet badly made things. Low to mid four figures, probably, if the brand is right. (It probably is).

Further inspection, it's a YSL bag that's no where to be found on the internet. So it's probably an ultra limited run store only thing, so yeah, four figures.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Why is Sandi wearing The Countess's throat slashing fingerpiece from American Horror Story?

#stimpireisreal

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

God drat check out how close my estimation was. LOL

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

"I do not trust CIG anymore" -Erris

Also, weird man baby guy in the top right looks like he's about to burst into tears at any moment.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

This is literally the best day ever.

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/107887729

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

MedicineHut posted:

Holy gently caress. Min 05:46 (whole thing is "worth it")

Star Citizen: We donīt care about development

Min 12-ish "[about predictions] I was wrong, and I'm sorry."-Erris

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

So I'm back, how is 2.6?

Ben accidentally ate the DAT tape thinking it was a misshaped Oreo

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Go me for rolling like 3 jokes into one.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

Let me put it this way: Erris took off his bowtie.

Oh god, this made me laugh so loud it scared one of our cats.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

So I'm back, how is 2.6?

Serious answer, this is how well it went:

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/107887729

Make sure you have something sweet at hand to counteract all the salt in that link.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Aneurexorcyst posted:

How did you guys like Star Marine?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

This is def the thread theme right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

HOLY gently caress LEGIT NEW THREAD TITLE

Star Citizen: I'm going to KILL myself and hope this GOES AWAY

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Player Test Universe. It's the semi-closed testing server for a select few (and people who pay $10 a month) for releases that aren't ready for the live server. Not to be confused with Evocati, the invite-only testing server where things go before they go to the PTU so that they can eventually go the live test server.

So, Scientology.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I mean, let's be real here. It's the same model as Scientology.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

DapperDon posted:

Meanwhile, Chris and Sandi have raised their salaries to over $1m annually. Because that is what game startups pay as an industry standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

The Titanic posted:

Wow. People on the inside sending messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDAcbxz0fuQ

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Is it me, or does the lead singer of ELO look a bit like Lowtax?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

MISC stands for Musashi Industrial Starship Concern, or something else like that because gently caress this stupid lore. It's not a placeholder.

IIRC I linked it to something incredibly racist, but that was some time ago and my brain can barely retain information it received in the past week

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

IncredibleIgloo posted:

poo poo man, I don't even like big ol' space MMO's and I especially don't like what I have heard about eve. But, uh, somehow I have purchased EVE and a 6 month subscription in my life to test it out and fiddled around with it. It had a bunch of cool stuff. I suck at sticking with *any* MMO, so don't blame EVE for my impatience/boredom/leaving..... but, I sometimes wonder, who are these magical focused gamers who can give a poo poo about a game for more than 4 months? The only game I can do that with is EU4, which is a loving masterpiece. "Wiz", a SA poster now works for the publishing company, Paradox Interactive, and that game is straight loving good. I have 800 hours on that, more than any other game (excluding WoW) and worth *every* loving penny.

I was ultra-deep into a KMMO waaaaaay back in the day (Ragnarok online) and only shitcanned it when they added a cash shop that started to gently caress up the balance of the game via blatant P2W. Things get compelling if you have that sort of mindset. Friendships get formed and broken, long term plans get made, communities are formed... Nothing's ever really done it the same way for me, so who knows what the reason for me sticking to it for several years was. It wasn't even a good game when compared to it's contemporaries.

I played Eve for a while, and Eve is definitely compelling due to it's sandbox and chaotic nature. The only problem I found with Eve was there was too much waiting involved, and logging in to do something, and just sitting around with nothing to do until you had to log out was a bit bleh. When you got involved in something big and epic though, that always felt amazing.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

What is odd for me this year is I usually have an "Xmas MMO". Nothing at all has grabbed me this year, so I'm really wondering if the MMO industry is on it's last legs, with people favouring "pick up and play" games like Overwatch.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I think if a visionary can come up with a fun theme, and a "fun" payscale or whatever, it won't be a problem. If every solution is "This is WoW V 2.1!", then it is hosed forever.

They need to craft a new dynamic. That is very hard. Requires original thinking, the crobblers' worst suit. But it is not impossible. It would just require a *very* high level of competence. To be honest, I think DAOC 2.0 could get some (like 20%) of WoW based on where they are shooting.

All these fucks complain about WoW....but, I played Wow. gently caress, maybe over 2k hours. I am *NOT* a hardcore gamer. My stay at home son brother is....Imagine the hours he has played. Deride their "poo poo" all you want, they know what the gently caress they are doing. They have the base. They have the money. They have the machine. Don't make a product that say they want to be the opposite of all successful games, or you may be *GASP* unsuccessful.

Milky Moor posted:

I'm pretty sure the MMO market is in massive decline. They're almost all F2P and surviving off whales and micro-transactions.

I think the only Sub based MMO that's doing well and still seeing notable growth is FF14. But FF14 is a pretty drat good MMO with excellent gameplay, eye candy cutscenes and update patchnotes that take an afternoon to read.

I mean, try to imagine crobbler pulling off a piece of narrative like this (pretty old) cutscene, which features dialogue free storytelling, mocap done right, and a studio confident enough to admit they hosed up their first try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h542YbZuwkQ

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

orcinus posted:

Why does Sandi have a loading indicator around her neck?

That's her charisma plugin. Sadly, no one noticed crobbler programmed it, and it stalled during loading about 6 years ago.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

They hit deadlines all the time.

Concept sale and fund raiser opening deadlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

scrubs season six posted:

Is he the one with the kid that wouldn't mow the lawn and man the Connie turret when he was required?

The religious farm guy? Nah, that was some other hosed up misfit.