Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

"All in all it's a win win situation to own and crew a larger ship"

Christ.

Yeah, "win-win" for the guy who bought it. And it only comes at the expense of everyone else losing!

These pricks want to create a worse reality than the one we already live in - where the "haves" and "have-nots" are literally locked-in for life, with no chance for the high to fall and no chance for the low to rise, all enforced by game code.

Is there anything good about these people?

Of course. It will be like space Rome, with space plebeians and space patricians who own everything and have a bunch of space slaves crewmen. The best part of course is, that non of them will admit to this pay2win, they'll use the usual excuse of "it's a pledge to support the game". It's that desire to be the top dogs that drives sales of spaceships that either punches above their weights (carriers, stealth bombers with SSDs, etc) or luxury ships like the 890J that establishes them as the top of the elite society. And all the filthy normal players who aren't whales will have to be the second rate citizens.

However, there is a silver lining, at least the way I see it. IF Star Citizer ever releases, on time with all the features included (stop laughing please), it will still be doomed to fail because of this completely utterly hosed balance between players. Because of this, regular jackoffs, like me, will leave the game alone, it's simply not worth it. All the whales, with their expensive advantages, will now have to square off against each other, and not the easy pickings of space plebeians. So, ironically, there will be a balance of sorts, where all the players will have their own unbalanced advantage.

And, just to quote my second favourite Disney movie: "when everyone is super, no one will be"

Sorry, that was long and rambly. My apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Ramps. Why did it have to be ramps?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

That plushie is so star citizer in a nutshell. make? TBA model? TBA. But gently caress it, we'll promise it to you anyway.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They are openly copying Warframe at this point.

Absolutely not good sir! Warframe have floofs, not plushies. CIG would never do something as devious a steal or copy from others. Chris Roberts' high standards would never allow for such behaviour.

Stop spreading FUD tennogoonie

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Maltloaf posted:

Don't know if you all missed this from the interior 890 screenshots a few pages back, but those book titles man, someone is on point.

EASY MARK :laffo:

So, english is not my first language, and I didn't know what Disaproa meant. So I googled it, and ... it's a typo?

A 900$ typo, apparently. :negative:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Orchestrated by Pedro Comacho and on the official soundtrack promised by the kickstarter.

Actually orchestrated by the Portsmouth Sinfonia tho

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Inquiring minds wants to know: Does this minelayer punch above its weight?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Ah yes, easily manipulated ... into not spending 650$ on memelayer.jpg.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Hot air and small lunch.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What does it add to make the ship?

Money. It adds money to crobberts bank account.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

I, and my 14 alts, have done my part here. Looking forward to my check in the mail from Derek.

All is going according to plan.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Chris Roberts is the world's biggest quality-over-deadlines proponent

It's terribly unfortunate how he is always failed by his bumbling incompetent subordinates through no fault of his own and forced to release total poo poo time and time again

If I were Epic I'd refuse to sell them a copy of the Unreal license, gently caress having this albatross anywhere near my codebase

Well, IF Crytek wins the case, and presumably, gets some sort of injunction against CI(G?), Epic would no doubt learn of this quickly. And with that knowledge I doubt they would do business with crobbers.

After all, they have had that thing going with Silicon Knights and the development of Too Human.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Me too please! I want to join the bad boyz club.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Nyast posted:

Seriously, look at this loving roadmap... Q2 2019...

15 tasks completed ?

For 500 people working during 3 months ?

Organic shader ? What the completley flying gently caress is this fuckery ? A task for a shader ? You know there are thousands of shaders in your typical game ? They made a TASK out of a SHADER ? What the...

"AI Spline Paths v2" ? That's just an iteration on a sub-component of a sub-component. It's not even the final version, mind you. Just v2. How many versions will there be ? 3 ? 4 ? 10 ? 50 ? Nobody knows. But yeah, backers are happy. It is progress !

"Player Free Look". Yep, this is high-complexity engineering requiring millions-of-dollars here guys. And how is this "free look" any different than the currently existing free look ?

"Curelife Medical Pen". Imagine the meetings, the hours with teams of dozens, that this insurmontable task must have required.

Sorry for meltdown.

It is a very specific shader, custom built for one purpose: To make a single pixel blue.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

This is a metaphor right? Beet is the dozer, pushing the thread from SCAM into games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

SCAM is going away, but the Paranormal/Conspiracy forum is back...

Coincidence? I think not!

Taxxe:

I hope you all have a nice and wonderful weekend and you are as comfortable as these cattes.