Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

good work mods :)

D_Smart posted:

And unluckily for CIG, whether they like it or not, they're going to soon find out that by way of Crytek's lawsuit, they will have to deal with me in court before this is all over. They can't escape it.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

MX518 best

This the correct opinion.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

for old times' sake

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope Marching Powder comes back for the new thread

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Zowie EC-1 Evo has mostly the same shape as the intellimouse explorer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

reddit poster CradleRobin (gets me every time) in there quick with the Jesus patch defense.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Charles Get-Out posted:

What mouse is best for fidelitously tilting my character to space poop in the space toilet across the room while manning the space gun for multi space crew battles?

The trackball on the star citizen HOTAS of course

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Simple.

Elegant.

Functional.

Dementropy posted:

Yeah. The name really hit home during the Happy Alaskan defense thread.

He's going to always have a Jesus Patch defense. Even when/if 3.0 comes out, it'll be "In the next one. They're working on it. Cut them some slack! They've progressed to pre-alpha-alpha-beta now!" - ad infinitum.

Be careful quoting me guys, you could end up on the Old School Internet Warlord's ignore list.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Propagandist posted:

Hey Derek, seriously though: a while back you mentioned that some source dropped a lot of dirt on your lap. Did that turn out to be a hoax or troll or something? You haven't mentioned it in a while.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just honestly curious.

lol welcome to his ignore list

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Propagandist posted:

It's an honest question. Plus if I'm ignored how will he get his daily dose of precious bunnies? I provide an important commodity to the thread.

unlike your posting

You aren't supposed to remember stuff that was obvious bullshit back when he said it and you SURE AS HELL aren't supposed to remind him of it later.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

We should refer to that as Chris's October 2015 Blog

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Think of how much drama he could have avoided if he had someone to say "holy poo poo chris, wtf is this insane poo poo? do NOT post this anywhere." and if he wasn't to far up his own rear end to take this advice.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's great though because we get 2 incompetent frauds who lob insane screeds back and forth for our entertainment. Chris and Derek totally deserve one another, it's why I love Star Citizen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

This was already discussed on my Discord server. Without going into too much detail, it wasn't a hoax. However, after going back and forth with them, legal recommended that proceed with caution. In the end, I decided that it simply wasn't worth the hassle; so I killed it.

um, Dr. Warlord, you didn't go into any detail at all here.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Meridian posted:

It was you? Thank you for doing that. Single greatest av purchase ever made.

:agreed:

e: I don't even know who the guy is or why the av is funny but putting it next to Moma's posts just works in a way that is hard to put into words.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I started final fantasy a gaijin doubter

but it's seriously pretty darn good

In the good ending the whole crew does a live performance of Quit Playing Games With My Heart.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I finally started playing Fallout 4 and I only just now realized I totally hosed up by not making Crobberts or Gary Parpman when I was in the character creator.

poo poo.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13627/

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

free marching powder

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I feel like the obvious answer is Chris Roberts...

Only if someone else did it first and Chris archered it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wrecked Angle posted:

For old times sake, here is when I first learned of Star Citizen nearly a year ago...

"How many star citizen dollars do i get for real dollars?" is probably the only thing I like better than spite pledging.

:sicknasty:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D1E posted:

So this thread just discovered the secret to unlimited clean energy by using Derek's giant ego?

Close, it was unlimited fertilizer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So the leaked video of star marine means Derek lost his toxx right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

On a very serious note... what in the gently caress is with that armor? It looks like absolute poo poo. It's impractical to say the least. I can't even come up with the correct terms to explain how stupid Croberts designs are.

croberts design = steal stuff and jam on greebling until you can't fit anymore

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

nawledgelambo posted:

You think one of the artists is trying to tell the backers something?

If this is what it appears to be it's amazingly unsubtle, maybe someone made it before quitting or being fired.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Thoatse posted:

...then make it all articulated for no discernible reason, with 8 fragile spindly moving parts that serve absolutely no purpose, with lengthy drawn out animations that clip through everything.

Now it's time to refactor.

croberts is the skyrim modder who makes a dagger with 128k polygons and an 8k texture.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

crisp roberts posted:

In a way CIG really reminds me of a modding team. The starting aspiration, the clunky tech demos, a bastardized version of an already released game, overpromising and internal struggles. Sure, sometimes great mods come out, but much more fail though.

Yeah CIG is what happens when you give 130 million to one of those total conversion mod teams that throws up a website with a few nice models and a ton of promises. Then after a short drama explosion they fade away and the mod never gets finished.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Speaking of dealing with it, doesn't the avocados playing Star Marine mean that Dr. Warlord lost his :toxx: ?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He's been right exactly once, not much to get used to really. That's even the same number of times Moma has been right.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No need for new words, they already have Hochstapler

Maybe if you defend him really, really hard he'll make you Warprince :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Breetai posted:

Even if this was true, why on earth would you ever ever ever want to do something like this? All you're doing is creating multiple code bases, which you need to Frankenstein together. How on earth could this ever possibly be an efficient way of coding a game?

CIG
Efficient
Choose one

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Where's that 100% guaranteed to cause legal action blog?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Solarin posted:

He was just talking about it like five pages ago:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=164480#post467049279

This situation is hilarious because if Derek's insane bombastic and doomsaying remarks actually had teeth then it makes sense for him to just (be told to ) shut up about it. :wtchris:

Yeah I know he said his fake lawyers wouldn't let him post it but I also know that means he didn't have poo poo in the first place and just felt the need to draw attention to himself, since that's what this whole thing about for him.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did Derek post the 100% guaranteed to get legal action blog yet? Sure would like to see those financials they would have to show during that 100% guaranteed legal action.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

Two weeks ago, in his July blog

Careful, you could get ignored doing that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

The dog thing is funny but in my mind "legal" are some poor bastards down at the local ticket clinic humoring him for 50 bucks every so often.

More than likely it's some poor sob at the legalzoom support desk wondering wtf a star citizen is and why some lunatic keeps sending him 50k word count docs for him to proofread.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'll bet someone an avatar this is nothing.

Again.

I like my av though so if I win you change Derek's av to this:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:nexus:

Sappo569 posted:

Please shut the gently caress up unless you're going to drop some truth bombs

TheLightPurges posted:

Seriously Derek no one gives a poo poo over here. Have fun trolling r/ds, the most easily trolled people on the planet. If you got something, cool share it and reap the warlord. But otherwise shut the gently caress up.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 15, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Thoatse posted:

sorry to doxxx you like this but I post in the star citizen game thread so don't know any better plus when I called my mom who raised me with love and wanted to hear what I was up to she said docking was cool so here we are

At least you chose a good pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

Have you known cig to ever hold back a sale ?

It's the only drat thing they can manage

store citizen indeed