Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When the sun rises tomorrow I'm going to post called it! :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

This is a binary choice.

1> Either Derek is full of poo poo and doesn't have sources. Or 2> He does/did have sources and hence, actually knows stuff.

Now if it's 1, it difficult to explain how he knew about Star Marine I being binned 6+ months before Chris Roberts confirmed it. It's also difficult to explain how he knew about the firings/leavings last year immediately after they happened, the dispute with the contractor at CIG LA, the 20k coffee machine plus a pile of other stupid stuff.

Now maybe you could be like moma and think anyone at CIG who was leaking stuff to him has left. Personally I think that's dumb as hell because if it was stressful/annoying enough to leak poo poo over Star Marine I fuckups, I can't imagine it's less stressful/annoying now with them trying to get Star Marine II out the door in less time. But it's worth remembering that The Escapist said "seven ex-employees and two current employees" contacted them when they wrote their hit piece and they explained in detail how they verified them.

Now Citizens will brush The Escapist to one side with a load of crap about keycards etc, but if you're in the game industry I don't think it's a stretch to assume you don't actually want to be identified while moaning about what a horrible bunch of gobshites employed you. I also see no reason for The Escapist to just suddenly go after CIG as strongly as they did out of the blue and to then go one step further by refusing to back down in the face of a legal threat.

I started from the position of being cynical of Derek's claims in July 2015 and always try to independently verify things he's said, I've managed to do this a few times.

To understand why he appears to be blue balling everyone, I think you need to factor in that he's said there's stuff he just can't talk about for legal reasons, stuff he can't prove, things he can't say because it would potentially reveal sources and stuff he's told that sometimes turns out to be wrong (some of which will be CIG management changing their minds, some just wrong). Also, sure he likes trolling but if I was absolutely sure of something, 100% certain, I'd be trolling shitizens who'd setup a hate subreddit in my name too plus people here who constantly whine about him, because why the hell not?

There's two choices and it's obvious to me which is going to turn out be correct. I really do hope he writes a book after CIG goes bust as I'm sure there's more and it's worse.

:laffo: I dunno how both you and derek fit up his rear end. It doesn't take nostradamus to guess that CIG is going to miss a deadline.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. Chris will demonstrate many katas of Chris Fu while he promises more poo poo that CIG is incapable of pulling off
2. Lando will look exasperated
3. They will wheel Ben out for some reason and he will look at his phone and say something about wing commander
4. A demo will crash
5. They will push 2.6 to PTU no matter how broken it is then go on vacation

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

*bursts into the thread gasping for breath*

NEWSLETTER.. SQUAD... NO... DEMO...

*collapses in smug satisfaction that I was first to break the news*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

maybe the timer is bugged. Theres no fuckin way theyd be able to carry this out correctly. The interviews with people, the host not knowing when its live etc

The timer is probably just local and not connected to anything so they get desynced. lovely programming is way more believable than CIG pulling off some massive scripted show, they can't even get mics and scene switching right.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The game being poo poo and broken is still much easier for me to believe.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ComposerGuy posted:

MOMA is going to come in here after a few days and tell us the stream went really well and you know it.

Alternatively: Oh I wasn't REALLY expecting anything great, just some silly fun!

He's going to say he didn't watch it because he was busy with something else

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Isn't that game free on steam? Did agent gift you a free game?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wrecked Angle posted:

I did think about streaming or making a video or some poo poo but the 'game' is just crap and I'm not talented enough to make it anything other than just a crap video of a crap game.

Its listed as £6.99 as far as I can see. I sincerely hope TheAgent didn't pay that.

Oh, it was free for awhile, that is the reason it stains my steam library.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That really looks 100% like they just licensed discord and tossed their name on it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So this Shankerz dude is a CIG employee or contractor right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

9 hours?!?!

So this Foo Diddley dude is a 3000AD employee or contractor right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Star Marine Mega Map in weeks not months.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Slow_Moe posted:

This is a real quote from a real citizen, right?

Soon™

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Early access hero John Smedley of H1Z1 fame Smedleys again:

smed posted:

Hi folks,

Sorry for the lack of news or updates. To put it bluntly here part of being a startup means money is tight and funding is a major part of what we have to do as a startup. We're working through some things and I appreciate your patience. Sorry for not being more transparent on this particular issue but the simple truth is sometimes there isn't much that we can say. More info soon.

Smed

https://www.reddit.com/r/Herossong/comments/5j84rj/brief_update/

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They can easily make it past 2017 if they cut a bunch of staff, shitizens will just say those guys' job is done so they don't need them anymore but they aren't showing the done stuff cause of spoilers. Then they will buy more ships.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's a whole lot of people who don't understand that even at the speed of light it takes time for stuff to go somewhere and back again.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:thejoke:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I still have a hard time deciding if this or leonard skinly is peak thread, it's definitely one of those two though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yes, get a refund, if the game ever does out and is the greatest game to ever game you can buy back in for 50 or so bucks but until then stop funding sandi and chris's vacations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

This is amazing. Depending on how it looks once EA hits I may buy in.

seriously man, wait until they take the EA tag off THEN buy it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tippis posted:

Astroneer is in EA and worth buying. :colbert:

Sometimes EA stuff is good, like Darkest Dungeon or Grim Dawn, Astroneer looks cute but I haven't played it.

There has never been a finished Early Access Survival Game™ though, none.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

all these attempted owns going back and forth between subforums sure makes the thread better

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet other con men are jealous of CIG, they must wrack their brains trying to figure out an audience that is so willing to eat poo poo and continue throwing thousands of dollars at those feeding them.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ash1138 posted:

why is the tab key "scan?"

tab key is for the scoreboard, map, or inventory

they were already using CTRL+ALT+Home+Num Lock+Your Monitor Power Button for inventory so they had it open.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Moma is going down with the ship, his faith will not be shaken by something like SQ42 being delayed to 2049 while CIG is staffed entirely by chris and ben.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope you lose all your money :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Well not all your money, just the money you gave to a washed up old hack so he could spend it on vacations and his wife's "acting career"

:)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Amarcarts posted:

Under that reasoning wouldn't it be fair then to give every citizen the nuclear launch codes?

I enjoy shooting as a hobby myself but I agree with things like banning automatic weapons and doing background checks so felons can't purchase guns.

For people who aren't from the US:
To understand the issue in America you just have to realize that most people (the vast majority in fact) don't go and buy a gun and kill a bunch of other people. Pro-gun control people argue that various government restrictions on buying and owning guns will reduce the incidence of gun violence. Overall gun violence is very rare in America. In certain localities gun violence is relatively high. Most ordinary people use their guns for target practice as a hobby and/or skill development activity. Anti-gun control people don't want these restrictions for a variety of reasons.

The issue is complicated because most advocates for both sides have an emotional and sociocultural attachment to their position, so the perceived quality of any given argument is highly variable.

Turn back thread!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Don't let my previous posts put you under the impression that I think you should stop buying ships. I think you should oft buy ships, buy all the ships.

buy ships

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Trying to reason Moma out of being a whale is like trying to glean new information from a Dr. Smart blog, just laugh at everything and laugh more when it all goes tits up.

Oh and buy ships

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Guys I think Moma's whole "I have sources" thing is just a joke about Derek.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What happens when they hit Z and it's still broken af?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"We'll continue to monitor throughout the night"

:laffo:

Chris got them 24/7 workdays for Christmas.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looking forward to a tweet from The Vice President of Marketing from some expensive resort while the interns try to keep 2.6 running with rubber bands and duct tape.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

Reminder that they released a PTU patch last sunday, lol

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's never a bad time to buy ships commando.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I am going to judge the intelligence of people who spent 5 figures on Star Citizen and there's nothing you can do to stop me :colbert:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

a citizen posted:

I wonder if anyone from development actually had a vacation once in these past years.

Someone who can post there PLEASE respond with vacation pics from Chris and Sandi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mikojan posted:

keyword: Development

They all think Chris actually codes.

No really, stop laughing, they do.