Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Also: "Last update : Nov 25th, 216"

Typo and all. They just dont give a gently caress. Come on, even the brown sea should be able to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

So here's a picture of all of the funding to date that I compiled from that community tracking spreadsheet. Warning: Huge.

Red is daily funding (right vertical labels), grey is total funding (left vertical labels), horizontal is date.

I find this very interesting- the rate of funding seems to be on the rise, despite no apparent effort to bring in new backers. Moreover, the three recent big sales were the biggest since 2013, easily exceeding the sales last year after the release of the PU. Five years into fundraising with no substantial release, this is extremely unusual.

One interesting trend is in the daily funding, if you exclude the spikes- there's a definite decline from 2013 through the end of 2015 on day-to-day income, but then in January 16 it hits levels never seen before. Who's spending all this money?

I know it was discussed previously but I can't recall what the consensus was, wasnt it possible that CIG was spreading onto the tracker gradually any loans and new investor funds?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

They've been silently discounting the reality of the ships by continually mentioning that they're adjusting the "flight model" although not a single ship in the game is actually using flight physics. It is as you said, a noclip zero-grav, with the numbers continually tweaked to make it feel like flight without any actual flight physics calculations. Occasionally a developer will pipe up about adjusting "mass" then gently caress off for 3 months to write a script that kills you if you hit <<USE>> in an airlock while you're not wearing pants.

CIG can't simulate a vacuum in their space game. CIG is so incompetent they can't even develop "nothing" properly.

How do you respond to the usual sperg retort here about a ship flying wonky if it loses some of the lateral thrusters or what not? This what makes shillizens feel all warm and fuzzy inside and says it proves the fidelity of the accurate individual thruster modelling and calculations etc when discussing these things.

e: bunnies pics

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 3, 2016

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

STAR CITIZEN: When deeply invested backers dont give a poo poo about transparency

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

BTW heres actual Star Marine footage. I swear its not a vid of my Knee hair

https://vid.me/bZ5x

The gun sights bug out, its a little laggy, and more importantly its literally impossible to kill the dude sniping (a one shot gun) and camping the flag you have to stand still at for ten+ seconds. People tried but could barely ding him.

Puzzled that this hasn't made it yet into the RSI forums, SC reddit or even the Evocati leaks reddit thingie.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lol at MoMA/Toast suggesting CIG is managing multiple Evocati test builds when they can't still even make a decent incremental patcher. Just loving lol. Hope the rest of his info is not based on the same poo poo source.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 6, 2016

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

this was hands down one of the worst AtV's they've put out in a long time. Under 20 minutes, almost entirely recycled content, that dreadful SQ42 footage (also recycled), Steve Bender looking like he just wants to end himself, and almost no information about the live-stream next week. And this was the "season finale". lol.

Hopefully they have some big showstoppers for the livestream next week, but it's not really characteristic of CIG to be so tight-lipped if they had something cool to show. They're treating it like it's an extended RtV or something similarly low-profile.

Unsurprisingly the episode is leading to some reflection on the year at large.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5h9caq/is_that_all_this_week/

The end of the year livestream can't go without a bang. SM alone is not going to cut it. I would legit be surprised if CIG does not show some kind of demo/video about SQ42 or similar. After all they were almost there a couple months ago... right?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Holy poo poo, u worth more dan diamond, more dan gold.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Please someone quick show Mr Miyazaki the hunchback spaceman or the spaguetti turret gunners.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I really think they need to have something else other than what has been annouced for the livestream... too much of a gently caress up otherwise.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5hh1df/so_what_are_you_hoping_to_see_at_holiday/db060pd/

No trace that I could find in Brian Chambers Twitter about that hinted conversation but...

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I for one would like to see a picture of Arf Jason's balls

Can you doxx someone's balls?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Never, ever, in the history of forums was a post and an avatar combo so frikking out of sync.

:3:

Thanks!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

tooterfish posted:

Don't worry, it'll sync up a lot better in 3 months when she's sick of it and daddy throws it in the river with a tasteful brick and sackcloth motif lifejacket.

Aaah. Much better, cheers

fake e: gently caress you!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lack of weekly schedule news is interesting. Either they are keeping it really tight to surprise with a SQ42 demo or they really have fuckall to show.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

The Titanic posted:

One day they're going to have a revelation that the info they are telling people exists actually does not exist at all, and the game that is being built isn't remotely close or capable of supporting what they think the info was supposed to say.

Until then though, full steam ahead! :downs:

Remember the golf swing scan. Never forget.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So have they officially failed their 2.6 deadline yet?

Yes, again. Last post from a dev at the RSI forums is from 3 days ago (1week if you don't count customer support responses). Looks like a comms curfew of some kind is in place. Keeping an eventual SQ42 demo tight I would understand. But no info on the upcoming sale is just weird.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 15, 2016

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

unfortunately I'm seeing the new star wars tomorrow around the same time as the live stream

hosed up if true.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

"You can see the potential..."

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Nwletter went out 5 minutes prestream.

NO SQ42 DEMO THEY SCRAPPED IT PERMANEMENTLY

NO 2.6 PTU TODAY

BUY THE NEW SHIP

loving copy paste please.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Greetings Citizen.

This past week has been a very busy one, with everyone across the company heads down with the push to get Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 released to you. The help of the Evocati has been invaluable, identifying bugs for us to smash and giving us critical game balance feedback. We had hoped to able to go to Live today but there are still some final UI elements that need to be finished and we still have a few serious bugs being tracked down and fixed.

We're circling a PTU candidate which will go to the Evocati later today, and, if this is successful, we will be pushing it out to a wider PTU test over the weekend so we aren’t too far off!

If you’re interested in the remaining tasks and how we tracked from last week please visit the project schedule page for a more detailed breakdown.

Today is our Holiday Livestream, where we will dive a bit deeper in what’s in 2.6, including showing the bigger Star Marine map in an epic faceoff between our US and EU studios!

There’s a huge amount of new functionality and content in 2.6. It represents a good portion of the last 4 months of the work that the entire company has been doing in our main development branch and moves us significantly closer towards 3.0.

Star Marine, the dedicated FPS game mode, is the big headline, but we also revamped the whole flight model in Star Citizen. This makes it more accessible for new players, but maintains nuance and complexity for veteran pilots. Eight new ships are flyable in 2.6, including the massive Caterpillar, which is a sight to behold! Arena Commander has been given some love too, with tweaks to the scoring, new pickups and VFX. There is a completely new front-end and UI that improves lobby flow for Arena Commander and Star Marine and introduces the ability to customize loadouts for your character and ships, as well as check out where you stand on the Community leaderboards. Finally, there are quite a few new missions in the mini PU, a ship graveyard to explore and a bar in Grim HEX to hang out in!

In anticipation of today's Live Stream, I did want to address one thing that I have been seeing speculation on in the forums: whether or not today's Live Stream will feature the Squadron 42 Vertical Slice.

After we made the decision before CitizenCon that the Squadron 42 vertical slice wasn’t ready to be shown publically, we spent some time on reviewing how far off we were and what we wanted to achieve in order to be comfortable showing a full chapter of S42 gameplay. After all the effort we expended for CitizenCon, we didn’t want to spend additional developer time polishing intermediate solutions if it wasn’t going towards the final product. A slick demo isn’t that helpful if it pushes back the finished game, so we decided that the priority should be completing full systems over getting the vertical slice into a showable state.

Item 2.0, Subsumption AI, Subsumption Mission System and asynchronous Object Container Streaming are all core systems that will power Squadron 42. In addition, there is some significant low level animation and lighting tech that we need to finish up to realize the goal of real time player interactions and conversations at a level that would previously only be possible with pre-rendered cinematics. We want moving around and talking to the crew to be as fluid and look as good as pre-rendered cut scenes from other games.

Finally, we wanted to be able to focus the team on getting 2.6 out the door and knew we didn’t have much time left in the year to do this (as hard as it is to believe CitizenCon was only 9 weeks ago, which isn’t very long in development terms). One of the lessons we learned from the last CitizenCon was that by attempting to show both the VS and Homestead, we overloaded our pipeline. Even with a team of our size, working on two big deliverables for the same release window becomes problematic because things can take longer or turn out more complicated than expected, and when there are tricky-to-solve bugs or performance issues, we need to assign our top developers, which usually ends up being longer than we like and takes them away from core tech development, pushing back the schedule on later releases. Last year’s release of 2.0 and the 3.0 preview at Gamescom worked so well, because there was a clear priority and everyone came together with a singular focus to deliver them on the ascribed dates.

Since CitizenCon we’ve been working towards 2.6 as our priority, with Squadron 42 core tech being second priority, followed by 3.0 development. Almost all Squadron 42 core tech is also needed for 3.0 and the aspects that aren’t, like Networking, have their own team who don’t get distracted by Squadron as it’s a single player game.

So while it may be disappointing not to see something this year on Squadron 42, I believe it’s the best choice for the long term good of both Squadron 42 and Star Citizen. It’s critical that we focus on finishing up the core systems we’ve designed to handle the needs of both games, as without them, other parts of the development team are blocked from finalizing key gameplay.

It is all of your support and patience that allows us to make difficult decisions like this and we greatly appreciate it as it is allowing us to create what we believe will be a very special set of games in Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.

One thing that I think helps to understand the challenges of working on such a big complex project in the open is the visibility into our internal schedules. Sharing the 2.6 schedule was an experiment that a lot of people internally were very worried about but now everyone agrees it was the right move as transparency helps build trust.

As such we will be applying the same visibility to 3.0 and ultimately Squadron 42, although it will take a little time to get them ready for public consumption. We are still in the process of finalizing sub tasks and getting updated bids on the tasks from the appropriate team members, and this in turn has been slowed down by their focus on getting 2.6 finished.

For now, please join us for the live stream to have some fun with the devs and let’s celebrate all the great stuff we have now in Star Citizen 2.6, as there’s a lot of it!
-- Chris Roberts

Never so many excuses tried to justify so much fail for such a non game.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

"there are are not so many games trying do what we are doing here..."

lol, the courage.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

"We are starting to see these things coming together and it is going to pay off..."

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

theyre working to Christmas on 2.6 lol. Normally they shut down the studios til next year today.

New 2.6 live date is 12/22

That is hosed up because the schedule chart itself still shows 16 Dec as aim and bars stopping on the 14th.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Guys, I think that MoMA/Toast is more full of poo poo than Derek.

Also Star Citizen is good.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Are Chris and Tonyboy teaching spergs how to DREAMtm? Need to realize that is selftaught.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7359605/#Comment_7359605

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Star Citizen: We cant even make animated CGI, lets do a real clip with actors.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

I literally cannot describe it in a sentence.

I think that was pretty good.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

You gotta be loving kidding me. Didnt like the ships sale speech? Well here, have another go.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Seriously, the loving production schedule stills shows 16 Dec as aim date and it has been updated for today.

e: Ah , 22 / 12 now.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

If in doubt when the loving build does not load, just have another loving ship sale speech

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

they dont even try to pass it off as plan. Disco goes "shits broke, pass it to ben"

And "let´s... keep talking!"

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

loving mess https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iq77t/this_stream_is_a_fucking_mess/

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

1,600,000 players to meet. Amazing.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MoMA is cute sometimes.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7359496/#Comment_7359496

Gotta love when mods become Deepak Chopra.

Beer, Beet please help me make my life better. Can a Polaris help me?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm sorry, my child. A Polaris in and of itself cannot improve your life.

However, a Javelin is another matter entirely...

I think I need to take a breather and reflect.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Xaerael posted:

This is literally the best day ever.

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/107887729

Holy gently caress. Min 05:46 (whole thing is "worth it")

Star Citizen: We don´t care about development

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Erris seems to be taking it really well

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I think they should become Trailblazers. That will balance their current worries and make them refocus in the right path.