Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

As un-surprising as it may be, this is not the first time a Shitizen has asked about rape being present in SC.

A truly enlightened community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
For posterity

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Meridian posted:

drat MoMA, you are on fire lately.

Taxxe:

Yea, but the doctor gave him some ointment for it.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

moma I am currently drinking a 2012 c. montelena chardonnay with some cheap fish tacos

thought you should know

See, now that's some MoMA level ambiguity there.....is the fish cheap, or are they cheap tacos?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

wtf is the point of even having deadlines if you're a month or two late on them?

Gives you something to look forward to editing I suspect. Give them their little pleasures.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

is it too late to trade D1E for Marching Powder?

It's never too late.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

actually wait
  • sqlude is the only planned sq42 release; everything else is delayed indefinitely
  • the rest of the chapters depend on the success of sqlude and additional ship sales
  • 2.6, then sqlude, then 3.0
  • all that subscriber nonsense I posted about awhile back is still being discussed, ie certain classes, missions, skins, weapons locked behind sub

SQ42Prelude had what, about 10 hours of gameplay I think you mentioned? How can they possibly think......oh, nevermind.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

When you think about it development didn't really start until 2016.

Love how they're now using the "backers wanted increased scope" for an excuse for SQ42.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Star Citizens planetside module sneak peak : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqM2ytqHY4

It's got a few old bugs like T-pose and strange vehicle mechanics still. :shrug:

:golfclap:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

The Volturi don't get paid for testing the game, do they? Their reward is just playing the game?

And, of course, the adulation of all those adoring Shitizens. That's payment enough, no?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

So for all you guys and girls who bought this, even if you later refunded it...

Is this what you were envisioning? Like outside of the cost of the ship and it was just free with the game that might come out. Is this the vision you saw and what you hoped it would be?

I personally think it looks a bit silly, but I think this was supposed to be the "space train" everybody was sperging over back in the day? If so I think it looks very train-y.

Always was supposed to be kinda "trainy" I think, the modularity (swapping in different sections) was an interesting concept. Of course, now that the design criteria for all large ships is based entirely on making them FPS levels rather than any functional or potentially interesting layout, far less so.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
Am....am I a Pepper?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Mu77ley posted:

Is that the one where someone sets fire to Ben?

Caused by his thighs rubbing together......

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Star Citizen: Every System is in Flux

Star Citizen: Every System is Fluxed maybe?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

:golfclap:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The superfluous walkways in the cargo section annoy me. They serve no purpose other than to look cool and provide another way to walk around. Maybe they serve as an alternate FPS path? But if so it seems like just going outside the ship would be equally logical. More importantly they take up space that could be used for larger items or pieces of cargo. Maybe they make more sense with other modules that have two levels?

But yeah, it's hilariously broken. Are there any large ships that are actually polished and done?

That's it exactly. Just like the layout for the Starfarer, it makes very little practical sense if you were designing the ship for function, but works fairly well as an FPS level. Looks like all the larger ships are in for the flying FPS arena treatment.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's actually a good thing since it suggests they're thinking about gameplay. Which is why I assume it's something else.

I'd agree it's a good thing if you were designing a space FPS game, but as a space sim reallifealternativeworldinabox, the designs suck.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Randarkman posted:

Being lazy here but how do they go about making that a TV show? I mean I've seen the movie West World, and from what I remember it was basically just a theme park with robotic people, there's West World where you go to saloons and gun down a robot version of the dude from Magnificent Seven, and then there's Medieval World which is endless feasting and court stuff and Roman world which is just orgies. Then the whole thing just goes haywire and the robots lose their inhibitions and start murdering people, particularly the West World gunslinger who's kind of like the Terminator of the movie and the heroes have to run away from him and try to fix things or atleast stop the robots.

How is that a series?

Hollywood/LA and HBO. That pretty well sums it up, methinks.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you think Ben cries himself to sleep every night?

What do the tears taste like?

Ima bet "Baskin Robins"

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
pgabz, I really do request "Yakitty Sax" for your (inevitable) upcoming opus on SM.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

I mean,

:sterv:

and that was like $70 million ago

Think this might have been the prototype

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Speaking of dealing with it, doesn't the avocados playing Star Marine mean that Dr. Warlord lost his :toxx: ?

Don't think so...there's still no proof (and compelling rumour) that it wasn't active in the initial release, only after a later patch.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Is it the ugly guy?

So that means Alexis is safe from your guess then.....

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

flyboi posted:

Stop spitting out bullshit to save your rear end. All avocados run the same build and anyone can grab them. Even non-avocados have the client download urls in their patcher client and they aren't unique per-user.

Hey hey hey, it's perfectly reasonable to think that CIG compiles and links out multiple versions of the code for testing, what could possibly go wrong with releasing something that was tested piecemeal?

[/s] for MoMA, cus that seriously is some stupid poo poo.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

moveable shape posted:

Oh, that clears up my concerns. This guy is the only person with a trace of charisma cig drags in front of a camera, and he appeared immediately after Escapaist called Sandi a racist/pubist

Personally, I'm glad CIG only decided to "dispute" the racist charge.......

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I personally feel that it seems inefficient to reword the same sentiment again and again

Well, seriously, if you're not willing to put in any effort, I'm not sure why you think we should then.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

how can anyone hate pizza

what the gently caress is wrong with you derek

Hey, don't pizza-shame.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Doubt it would work. Bet some asshat trolly goon Derek alt has already started loving with him today. :rolleyes:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Gradis posted:

i think you said your wife banned pizza due to love handles.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

pinepple on pizza: actually good

Heathen

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Thoatse posted:

:same:

BUT... the trick is to put them on the pizza *after it is cooked, and it helps to let the pieces sit on a towel a bit to dry up some first. I love pineapple, but cooked it's p gross and usually makes the pizza soggy, which is much worse than just plain cheese.

e: you know what else is really good on pizza? Avocado, but just like pineapple needs to be put on after cooking it, and only nice firm ripe avocado, cut into thin slices and lightly salted. loving scrumptious.

Hmmm.....nope, sounds healthy or some other subversive thing like that. If it doesn't have as much oil on it as an Exxon Valdez seal, it sux.

hippie

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Surprisingly few shills in that thread, which is at the center of the shill lair. That can't be good.

Considering the cool-down times on Shitizen fires/CIG rolls out a play-pretty vid/Shitizens go back to sleep, this one is a fairly quick turnaround.Obviously some were not impressed with the last placation.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I will try to endure.

Refund spergs, how long did CIG take to initially respond?

First email request I sent got nothing but an automated reply. Gave them a week to respond, no response so I filed the online complaints and sent them a second email. After that the refund was pretty well done in a matter of days since the LA DCBA had already contacted them. But that was before the "But, have you seen all the work we've done? You'll be taking food out of the mouths..." responses lately. Seems filing those complaints helps speed things up in some cases.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Nice piece of fish posted:

If it's not too much trouble, I would love a short synopsis about this development and where it's at today. You see, I have a friend who buys into the hype around this game a lot and keeps sending me these "gameplay" videos, that I'm reading now actually aren't. I haven't followed the development of this game at all, since after DayZ and other vaporwares I don't buy games that aren't finished, but I'd really like to know how this is shaping up and if I should tell my friend to just knock it off.

Unfortunately, if he's already buying into the hype, there won't be much you can do. CIG has done an admirable job of showing the backers how incompetent they are, but the backers still believe the smoke and mirrors. If he's a good friend, you may not want to push it, simply because this crowd are more than willing to turf aside friendships and family for the promise of their life-replacement game.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying comitting Stalking on people trying to play the videogame. I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible because they love and care about you. Even moreso because it's nearly christmas, and parent's thoughts are with their families and the possibility of enjoying the festivities together

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They absolutely read this thread. Sandi herself confirmed it when she confronted Bluestreak about a post he made (which reminds me I need to get the original email from him as part of my discussion of CIG using off-site activity as part of their actions).

I honestly don't know what to expect. Ideally they would do the math and accept that the cost of fighting me and the various attorneys and agencies I would contact is greater than the price of reimbursement. But CIG also has a history of taking things personally even when it's against their best interest (see Derek's ban, the Escapist letter, and Sandi's letters to me) and it's entirely possible they would do the same here.

I've accumulated a lot of knowledge over my time with Star Citizen. I've also demonstrated that I am a very persuasive writer. If CIG decides to waste my time I have no problem putting those talents to use getting back what is mine. Even if I lose it will cost CIG considerably.

You probably already have them listed, and I know you were also around for all of them, but these were the main ones I listed. Of course, their letter to the LA DCBA passed them off as "internet heresay"....

Over the past years, CIG has made a habit of shifting policies or promises, starting with what I consider to be, at best, misleading advertising for ships on sale. Using phrases like "never be offered again" or "last time to get this" and then offering those same items for sale later;

LTI being used to convince backers to buy before it was discontinued, being brought back but given only on "new concepts", and then changed again to include ships well past the original "concept" point, as happened with the Caterpiller;

Selling an item with one description, and then significantly altering that item, without informing the backers about the change until it was publicly available thru a version release, as happened with the Xi'an Scout;

Ambiguous, or non-existent definition of core principles and mechanics, which should be fairly well defined in Program Design Documents at this stage, when they are asked about by backers to Mr. Roberts on the 10 For The Chairman series;

Dropping, or at the very least significantly and indefinitely, postponing key elements of the initial promises such as drop-in co-op play, private server support, modding support, VR support.

And, as you are well aware of, there are many other concerns that could be quoted. But the final "breaking point" came with the announcement by Mr. Roberts about the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), with no corresponding specific details on what would consitute MVP, combined with a Terms of Service which, in my opinion, relieved CIG/RSI from any responsibility to actually deliver anything previously promised. These promises, along with your own "pledge", were the rationale for my backing CIG/RSI in the first place.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like I'm getting it all back.

Question Beer, did that include ships gifted into your account?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

will u be smug tomorrer thou

That's a guarantee. You know that CIG will slap together some kind of patch with a minor tweak or something, call it "2.6" and MoMA will be here telling us how it's "technically correct". At which time we can all point and laff hilariously again at his wit, or half-wit, as it were.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Have you known cig to ever hold back a sale ?

It's the only drat thing they can manage

Kind of makes sense why the hobo has been so quiet tho. The firestorm of not releasing 2.6 or releasing a garbage 2.6 but selling more ships would be seen from space.

Hope they release it )

e: trucutru Erris taxxe

ripptide fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Almost guaranteed the 'Drill Sergeant' is part of a ship ad lol

Dunno, I thought they might be doing a remake of "Full Metal Citizen"....