Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Would you think possible that due to poor planing they are caught in a kind of "engineering ponzi scheme" where new sales of ships are actually paying for infrastructure and maintenance instead of progress on the game and that the only way out is to "sell more ships that wont exist for a long time" so they can hope to finish the game someday ?

I think that is exactly what has happened. I do not think Chris realized just how expensive of a gently caress up he made when he decided to make 2 games rather than concentrate on having a new studio completing one to begin with. Chris would have NEVER organically risen to CEO of anything because of his inability to stay on loving target. His history of scope creep on any and every project he touches is the real kiss of death and there will be no loving bail outs for him this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Also - and I'm afraid I'm stating the obvious here - even giving Gremlich the benefit of the doubt and taking him at his word that he's some kind of Turbo G-Man or whatever, how loving mentally ill do you have to be to threaten to leverage the power of the federal government against someone because they made fun of a video game on the internet?

That was the gist of my entire exchange with him.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Pretty bad. :(

I hope that people who have actual power of government and can for real hurt people aren't defending CIG. They may eventually help prosecute it though, once they are educated about it (and stop asking "Are you serious?" after every ten sentences).

Considering I am the only person in my neighborhood cluster (next to Washington D.C.) that is not a ranking official for some 3 lettered agency, I am quite friendly with everyone and some of us actually game together. The interesting this is that I have brought SC up once or twice and nobody has really heard of it but had a raised eyebrow or two over the money raised. The people in these agencies that actually have the power to gently caress your day up and wipe their rear end with the Constitution have taken years and decades to get to where they are. They just don't hand you the keys to the Kingdom as soon as you are out of training. They are career minded and as serious as they come. At no time do they even consider abusing their power one loving bit and police the hell out of their own community to ensure it stays beyond reproach. Integrity is everything with these people and their salaries, which is VERY nice at that level.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This is pretty much what I thought. I'm not government but I'm in a professional environment and we don't act like what Reddit seems to think real people act like.

I doubt most of these people who talk like that even have jobs, and if they do it's something like a cashier or something. There's a very real disconnect between what these people feel like reality is (tv and movies), and how real life actually works.

Exactly. These are broken people that choose not to engage with society, nor do they have any desire to do so outside of their online/gaming escapism. They are very easy to spot if you pay attention.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Mirificus posted:

According the website linked in his Twitter:

I saw that too. That guy isn't old enough to have a long career at anything yet. Come back and talk to me when you are in your late 40's about that career. Continued Gov. service means he has no position at all and is more than likely a sub contractor or paper pusher. This guy is delusional if he thinks he is one of those White Hat Digi-Spooks. Those fuckers fly waaaaay under the radar and do not talk about a damned thing. That is why they are so effective.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

I too, enjoy taking snaps of things with my Samsung phone (when it's not exploding) when I'm not conducting clandestine yet completely unhidden amatuer surveillance on chat forums about a crap game and threatening the posters with my government powers (that I don't have).

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Fatkraken posted:

I think Chris never REALLY wanted to make an MMO, but their ship based funding model precludes anything else. There's no way anyone would spend $1000+ on a spaceship for a single player game, Free to Play shitheap games are only able to maintain their Whale-based finding model because the whales are part of a multiplayer experience and base their whole identity on showing off to or not letting down other people in the game.

The biggest thing I was wanting to look forward to was to see dozens of Goons in starter ships go after those whales in the super expensive chariots like a pack of hyenas.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i don't think chris ever wanted to make videogames at all, tbh, he just found it easier to run for "star wars of videogames" than to come up with a cool original idea for a film

Here is the thing about that. Chris burned his bridges in Hollywood big time. Look at what Mel Gibson had to do to earn his way back in with the real money people and how long that took. Chris's biggest stigmata is that he fucks the money up every single time with his autistic scope creep. That man cannot stick to a budget to save his life no matter what industry he tries. That is why he went to KS for money because after the poo poo he pulled with Digital Anvil, there was no way in hell any publishers were going to finance a damned thing with his name on it. Hollywood is no different. The only ones that are forgiven for going over budget are the ones that have a history of making up for it once its released. How many times now has Chris tried to make this same goddamned videogame/movie?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Within the first few seconds where he attempts to describe the future of gaming, he started by stating it would be either/or and then continues on to name the rest of the genre in the very next breath while also making sure to include his game.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

XK posted:

derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

XK posted:

I was thinking more Bloody Mary or Candy Man.

This is more of what comes to mind for me when I think of Derek being summoned to a thread.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

The cyberarcheologists of the future will have a hard nut to crack with these threads.

And we will still have this thread talking about Star Citizen not being released yet.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I can't remember anyone talking specifically about that

I can tell you that there's a lot of bad blood between CIG and crytek

Go on.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

coming up with an in-universe name for your ui then referring to that name always is beyond stupid

Here's the fun part. So the mobiglass thing is supposed to run as a holographic right? Well because there is no stratospheric ozone layer in space to shield anyone from UV radiation, all space helmet visors are polarized and coated with Kapton which would prevent the mobiglass to be seen. You can experiment with this yourself on a lower level when you put on a pair of polarized sunglasses and then try and look at an Iphone.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

crobbers poached almost every high level and experienced employee out of there in late 2014/early 2015

Seriously? He poached from the very same company that makes his engine? I was always under the impression that those people were laid off from Cry and went there afterwards. That is beyond a dickmove.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I guess you can argue if SC development is progressing or if it's a scam or if I'm full of poo poo or whatever

But there's absolutely no disputing Chris Roberts has made himself some serious money
code:
Ann Est 2008 $125000
Ann Est 2009 $90000
Ann Est 2010 $90000
Ann Est 2011 $100000
Ann Est 2012 $250000
Ann Est 2013 $350000
Ann Est 2014 $650000
Ann Est 2015 $800000
crobbs you're my hero

Within 5 years he has increased his income almost 8 fold? Most major and established companies only offer 3%. What is Brabens salary again? Around $200k? Aren't gaming salaries generally on the lower side?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

a very very rich person told me once "don't trust anyone worth over 5m dollars"

in my experience she was 100% right

Can confirm that as well.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

fyi my car cost sub 50k and I consider that a luxury car

I dunno what the gently caress I'd be making to have a 500k car, prob at least 1.25m a year

To not shoehorn yourself into it financially, and considering everything else in your life is elevated as well you would need about $3+m and still be comfortable.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Skellybones posted:

What makes a $500,000 car ten times better than a $50,000 one? Like where do the costs go, does the chassis use iridium alloys or something? Endangered species hides for seat covers?

Usually it has artisinal hand worked components and materials as well as a very high performance engine and frame. A lot of it is assembled by hand and then checked by machine for accuracy so the labor component is very high with industry leading salaries. Does it get you to A and B like the $50k car? Yes, but the reason you own one is because you CAN afford it for the most part. Like I posted in my Blog post in the other thread, Chris believes all of that money is his. And if that story about him yelling at the employee for "wasting his money" is accurate, then you see why he has no shame at all.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

but you forgot porsche gave crobblers that car for free because they too want to see star citizen succeed

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Acquilae posted:

lol haven't seen a Z8 in almost a decade

Yes she was noted at the bottom of that advertisement that she was a successful movie producer in Australia and loved driving that car.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Exactly.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

hakimashou posted:

Zealot
highcharitysuite
Posted: -
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Okay, so I finally took the time to read that. Whoever wrote this has a thing about injections.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Understandably, Annabelle 'Bro' Huxley doesn't want people to see her wiener.

:perfect:

Tax.

DapperDon fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 12, 2016

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Goobs posted:

thread always does a 360 back to dicks at least once a day.

:trumppop:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lord Kinbote posted:

That's because Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Not the toys and pictures too!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Does anyone have the screenshot of that gh0u1 "The level of disrespect that I receive from you and a select few of the goons is easily grounds for catching a beating" PM? I should have kept a copy and now I can't remember who it was addressed to.

That would be me he was addressing. Along with the bloody nose he was going to give me as he spit in my face. Ahhhh....Good times.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Truga posted:

It's not too surprising. Just like croberts is the scummy middle man between nerd money and nerd dreams, their shills have a scummy middle man between them and the cash. It's only natural for star citizens.

He's in hospital again I hear. Probably tried eating them to capture the essence better

Star Citizen: The Scummy Middle Man Between Nerd Money And Nerd Dreams

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

He refused ever having said it. :laffo:

Because:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

If the glove fits...

We need to get a goon staff at INN for Wolf so we can write good things about the favorite game. I've got a mind to test the waters!

This. This would be nothing short of being the best in Trojan horses.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

How are animations still being worked on for sitting down?

I didn't mean to steal your Goodvalor, but that needed to be posted and was met immediately with the exact results you can imagine.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

Nah don't worry about it, I'm still eating a temp-ban anyways.

That was the reason I shared it. I saw when that happened and was all :argh:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

someone tell grandpa that isn't a meme

:ughh:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

This is what should be happening, citizens from each state should be filing complaints against cig for their sleezy and deceptive business practices

Hilarity would ensue for they got barred from conducting business in any state , let's see them weasel out of that with their horrible track record of deleting tickets etc

Considering I live in 2 states, I can hit them with that twice. I like it. I like it enough to actually make some phone calls in the morning about it. So that will get Va and Fl covered. Nice.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

DogonCrook posted:

Most states require a dpta demand letter before proceeding. Every state will be a little different, but because they require demand letters it is very easy to find examples that fit your needs online.

I appreciate that. I actually have great friend that is an attorney that only charges me billable time at a decent fee. I am sure he could use some extra holiday scratch to birddog that for me.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I was in my discord channel with him and listening to him leave the station the first time was hilarious. Except that now I need to get a Vive haha.

I recommend the Rift because of those sweet exclusives that are coming their way. Vive is good, but doesn't have that gently caress you Facebook money behind it to back it up.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ripptide posted:

Dropping, or at the very least significantly and indefinitely, postponing key elements of the initial promises such as drop-in co-op play, private server support, modding support, VR support.

This is actually the one true weakness of the entire CIG mechanism. Once they accepted the very first dollar for what Chris went public with and outlined what he was offering at a later date, they entered into a consumer based contract. Unless it is a donation to an actual recognized religious institution and it was given explicitly as a donation, then CIG has breached that contract and no signing a new TOS for what you previously paid for is valid. This is as basic as it gets. Cig can deny no one a refund. That is just not how that works in a court of law. Their corporate policy that now has a record of issuing full refunds without question and insisted it, such as Derek Smart as a great example, does not give them the right to deny any portion of a refund after having failed to meet those original obligations without question. And if they are found to have issued refunds for people that purchased in after the new TOS means they can get an unobstructed refund as well.
But back to what I have come to call as The Great Roberts Begging Day, he made specific promises of what that game will have when you signed up to pledge pre-purchase. It does not matter one bit that they had a "vote" on expanding or changing a thing. It does not matter one bit. You bought in for feature X. The moment they removed feature X, you have a legit beef to get your money back with the same amount of interest that CIG profited from having your money to earn compounded interest. And then at any time anyone can open a can of civil suit foot up Chris's rear end for financial infidelity by enriching his personal life using funds that were given so that the game would have feature X in the motherfucker too WHEN he said it would be done. He opened his rear end up big to the person that has a good rainmaker lawyer to throw at it. There is no defense when it is the CEO himself that is making these claims and dates. It just wouldn't be seen that way when you are sitting in that courtroom. And I think before Chris ever gets near that, he will make a very sweet offer to settle before his and Sandi's private life are aired out on public record. Especially not over some refund.

The Agent recently posted Crobbers income and before he was getting this SC money, he was making $90k a year. Not bad money at all. Unless you live in L.A., then it becomes pretty middle class. Not bad if you're single, but if you have a family? Think of Al Bundy and go from there. So now he is making almost a $1mil. maybe that by the next financial reports. That car he has is about $130k and is not leased. They do not lease any custom Porsche's like this that I am aware of. It does have the upgraded Brembo brakes like mine. So he does own it outright. I would be more curious to see if its being written off as a company asset or not.

Tax.

DapperDon fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 13, 2016

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Vitriolic you say?

:smugdon:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

When I paid my :10bux: I didn't notice the rule that said goons must always agree with the mods. Especially when the mods play favorites.

Damned right. FAU is the ballsack cancer that is killing SA. Perhaps he needs to be replaced.