Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
This isn't the 6's but hey, #1 is good too.

Looking forward to the new thread. :)

Edit for Raskolnikov:

This is cute, thanks! :)

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

hakimashou posted:

You're a solid guy beer and I like you but Derek should have been the OP.

I think Derek has enough Star Citizen to worry about for a long time. Between Twitter, posting here, his book, blogs, Discord, and his own forums for the game... I think we'll be better with Beer4TheBeerMod.

Sometimes you can hate something a little too much before it starts to blur that line of doing a good thing, standing for an opinion, or being just a hair batty. I love to pick on Star Citizen as much as the next person with no money in it, but I also hope that it comes out and is good. I can also appreciate when they make a new thing, even if it's silly, hugely late and massively expensive. It's not my money being wasted, and the backers appear to be good with constant fleecing. So who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll look back on this thread and sub-forum with fond memories as we all enjoy playing the game for a week before getting bored. :cheers:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

I have one of these and it is ok

I've heard people talk about these but I've never tried one. The thought of having potential macro buttons on a mouse though fills me with potential interest.

Is something like this able to be used for things outside of gaming? Also not to sound silly, but would it be very feasible to use if you had average girl hands instead of giant man mitts? Or is this basically something to think about only if your fingers and hands are pretty large and lengthy?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DancingShade posted:

Holding a grudge against a more successful business competitor for over twenty years definitely does have it's consequences.

Also yes, in another 20 years when we're all playing SC we can look back and laugh. In another 20 years.

I'll be here for you, friend!

Or maybe not. :rip:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DancingShade posted:

We've been over this and you're missing the key point: It's Razer.

Don't loving buy it. Seriously.

How about outside of brand. I don't buy Razor, but there are other mice like it. I've never seen one unboxed in a brick and mortar store so I've never been able to properly fondle one, but the thought of handy programmable macro buttons attached to the cursor makes me smile maybe.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

You can use it to macro anything, there is a Twitter thing called Tweepi where you follow followers of people and you click follow, they move up so I have a macro to wait a random amount of time then click, I can leave that going all day if needs be

Very cool. How is the size and comfort as compared to say a Mac Magic Mouse? I admit to being quite pleased with the Magic Mouse surface being a literal touchpad surface.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dick. Dick Mouse. Dick.

This is code, isn't it? I feel like I'm Nicolas Cage in National Treasure! :tinfoil:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This guy. :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

spacetoaster posted:

How about this guy?

This guy is a special snowflake! :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kibner posted:

Zowie is good and is what I use for my gaming mice. For work/everyday mice, though, I like the vertical mouse design of Evoluent more.

This reminds me of a cumbersome space ball for cad work.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D1E posted:

Aw, c'mon man. We all just got a fresh new thread. Can't we just all come together as goons in a hug box for even a little while, or do we need to start the hating up again right away?

:glomp:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bluegoblin: Hi. I'm legitimately insane. Let's have a conversation ab- I HATE YOU! gently caress! :argh:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dementropy posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5g45e3/how_long_has_star_citizens_development_actually/

We must not yield to facts, even if they're from Chris, himself!

Edit: Taxmas:

Chris lies so much the only thing even his backers believe are the lies that haven't been proven totally false yet.

It's like Christmas for them is waiting for the next lie they can defend to the death in the name of a multinational corporation. It's wonderful. It's a wonderful life. :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Think of how much drama he could have avoided if he had someone to say "holy poo poo chris, wtf is this insane poo poo? do NOT post this anywhere." and if he wasn't to far up his own rear end to take this advice.

When you probably insult and berate your employees for having an opinion, he probably did not care what anyone thought. He may have run it by Sandi, who may have added some extra hate, but that's how it goes. Insanity is free. However, we haven't seen anything else from him since so he probably got "advised" to not speak to the plebs again.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Solarin posted:

baby animals are useless IMO

Now I always feel everybody is entitled to an opinion. Except this one. It's a bad opinion. :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm pretty sure Ben wrote it

It's possible. Ben is capable of writing huge walls of hate inspired poo poo, where really I'm not even sure if I've ever even seen a forum post from Chris on his own forums. There's not a lot to go off of to compare writing tones with there.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Say it isn't so!! Was this on their highly detailed and clearly well thought out development timeline??? Chris is a genius. I hope his dirty underlings aren't trying to undermine his vast swathes of computer coding and graphical knowledge. That poor guy. I'm gonna spite pledge $5000 because he's trying hard!

First spite pledge of the new thread! :clint:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Did Cymellion not get the note about the FPS section in a little thing called Star Marine which is slated to be in his immersion nest? This is also Star Citizen. So let's check our stuff so far:

1: PvP space shooter, <20 players
2: PvP FPS shooter, <20 players
3: Single player space "wave" arena

Yeah. This is all super original. Never before has anybody played a PvP FPS arena game before.

Hopefully the space combat can eventually be as good as the Xbox arcade Wing Commander arena game. Maybe.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but the gameplay footage for ME: Andromeda looks like more of the very average same.

Still better than anything Croberts is capable of, obviously.

I thought the same. :(

I was actually kind of disappointing when they showed conversations with normal Mass Effect aliens, humans, and very ME looking random outposts. It's just another Mass Effect. I was really hoping for a 3D Starflight or something similar. They seemed to initially imply that, but the gameplay itself seems to not suggest it at all.

Still be a day 0 buy for me. I love Sci fi. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

You have that one letter he wrote on his game from like 1872 or something.

That's the one where he talked about how he wished somebody sat him down and told him to not try to go crazy with scope and maintain possible goals, right?

Yeah we can't use that one here yet. We can use that to compare with the Star Citizen post mortem he may have somebody write for him.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I particularly like the idea that rape is less morally questionable than murder. "Ok, killing is always bad. We all agree on that. But won't there be some circumstances where rape is actually the good thing to do?"

This is the opinion of sexually frustrated men who don't walk the streets in fear that they may be a target of somebody exactly like them. It's very ironic.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Solarin posted:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

I am going to keep this short; though I did consider writing a blog.

First of all, I have been around and an Internet Warlord for decades now. I know the drill. I've seen flamewars errupt and evolve from BBS teletype, to badly formatted Usenet postings, to articulate blogs.

I am well versed in the ways of online discourse.

I do not support, condone, nor engage in Baby Animals.

Aside from the fact that the law is very clear on Baby Animals.

Back in 2013, I wrote a primer on it in fact.

And there are additional resources on specifically this, what is legal, illegal etc. READ:

Baby Animals: It’s Like Hacking, But Legal

The Problem With “Baby Animals”

The Illegal Activity of “Baby Animals”: Revealing “documents or personal information” about a person, without their permission, with the intent to Threaten, Harass, Intimidate, Shame, Humiliate or Place at Risk

Basically, the Baby Animals and stalking laws are
quote:
About doing things which endanger a person's safety or which encourage others to attack a person or their family

Pointing out someone's social media page, isn't Baby Animals.

Pointing out that person A is really person B under an alias, isn't Baby Animals.

Posting material that the person themselves made public, isn't, never was, and never will be, Baby Animals.

If the above were Baby Animals, every single person in the media would be guilty of having committed a crime.

What MoMa did here months ago, was Baby Animals. And it's 100% legally actionable. He posted that I had a traffic citation. There was no context or reason for it to be here in a forum where we're making fun of grown men buying JPEG space ships. He posted it with malice, and with the intent to harass and harm. The only thing he didn't do, was post the actual citation itself; but anyone incited by his posting, could very well go seek it out for themselves. They never knew about it before he posted it.

I didn't dox Deloria (now banned). Though the post has been removed here, it is still on my website (post # 4905) for anyone who cares to go and read it for themselves.

All I did was out a scammer using material they themselves posted here (e.g. this post) and on social media.

Period. End of story.

There are NO rules on SA which prohibit what I did. Not a single one. Don't take my word for it though, here, go read all the rule pages

Then A KITTEN, after emerging from what I can only imagine must have been a meltdown recovery process, switched from "Baby Animals" to "helldumping". Which, to me - and anyone with a brain that's in working condition - was hilarious; seeing as the latter isn't even an SA rule. That aside from the fact that the very notion of "helldumping" is so far removed from "Baby Animals", that in and of itself, is NOT a bannable offense. Probation? Yeah, maybe' it depends on the mod.

The fact of the matter is that since A KITTEN tried to close down this forum - and failed; he's been gunning for me because not only did I have it brought back, but I was made mod. Heck, we just had yet another spat mere months ago over this same thing.

This sub-forum is moderated on a honor system. As a mod, I never had to take any action other than probating some people (4) when they cross the line. Once, after several probates, I probated someone for 30 days. I didn't perma-ban.

This sub-forum has never - ever - broken ANY of the SA rules. We encourage off-topic posts (recipes, memes etc) because it breaks from the monotony of making GBS threads on Baby Animal post and Shitizens 24-7.

A LOT of people followed me to SA and paid 10 bux to be able read what I post, interact, find the lols etc. That too is a solid fact.

Yet, somehow, for some bullshit reason, A KITTEN is of the opinion that I am not a "good" mod. The regulars here and I had a good laugh about that on on Discord, for the sheer hilarity of it. And when pressed, like the absentee landlord, he simply couldn't point out a SINGLE reason WHY he thinks I'm not a "good" mod. Not one.

Aside from the fact that I didn't even ask to be a loving mod. In much the same way that Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon didn't get asked either. He made them mods, then installed an IK buffoon who subsequently shat up my nice sub-forum, while attracting all the rear end-clowns from FYAD and elsewhere - and who otherwise didn't even know we existed here in our niche corner.

This is bullshit. What the gently caress is the matter with you people; that a forum with such HIGH TRAFFIC and quality posters who are otherwise behaving themselves and abiding by the rules, can't be left alone?!? The money is going into Lowtax's coffers, so what do you care, and why be salty about it?

Look, I am not a stranger to being banned. Heck, I was banned TWICE on FDev for breaking the rules. And in both cases, it was a matter of a "shady" areas in which 1) I was using asterisk to bypass the bad word filter 2) I posted material from here on SA

So, if I had somehow broken an SA rule, and been banned as a result, it won't have been any big deal. I would pay the 10 bux, re-reg, and get right back into the poo poo-posting.

As I am 100% certain (and I have high priced attorneys who ensure that I don't do/say stupid poo poo that will get me arrested or sued) that I hadn't broken an SA rule, let alone guilty of Baby Animals, I refused to re-reg on principle alone. And I made that clear to everyone who asked.

As the regulars here on my Discord can attest to, I said that I wasn't coming back here unless the ban was reversed. Then a group (7 at last count) of people (one of them being a backer here on SA who I had saved money by helping him get a Baby Animal post refund) offered to pay the 10 bux if I came back. I still refused. Then some made the case that as long as I wasn't the one paying the 10 bux, it won't break my principles and that I should consider it.

So I did.

And here I am.

Nevertheless, seeing as there is a mod actively holding a grudge and who I believe is going to keep finding ways to either get me probated, banned or who I believe wants to see the forum die, I won't be as prolific a poster as I used to be because this is bullshit.

:stonk:
:lol:
:golfclap:

This was exactly my mind as I mostly skimmed this. Good job, friend. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

I am honestly glad I backed Star Citizen. It taught me a lot about beating money out of the mentally ill!

It is an investment for us all! :homebrew:

(I'm actually not a backer though, I feel like I'm missing out on the true fun of giving Chris money)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

can you imagine playing star marine with a 1 second ping? because that's what you're going to get unless CIG starts spending serious loving money on server infrastructure

Please. Chris already thought of this. They just need to activate more :yayclod:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is true of some people, but I think a lot of us still would love to see the game to become something. I hope it does given the time and money sunk into it.

Though what he's missing is that our "wait and see and laugh" costs $0.00. Where as supporting CIG is apparently in the millions per month. I don't think CIG is putting out millions of dollars of quality content per month to justify that, but that's just my opinion. :shobon:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

You wouldn't understand, my pain...

I didn't ask for this.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

also the titanic and rasolokinividndhd I hope you don't mind if I go full hentai nosebleed at the next citcon when I meet sandi :3

I won't mind any. I'll even help to carry your stone body back to your hotel after the inevitable Medusa stare gets you right in the wallet. :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

I will not agree unconditionally, but overall. Ever seen a fresh hatched Komodo?

Errrr.. no. Lizards are not really my strong suit... :ohdear:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Toast agreed to go on a date with me back in 2014. Before he knew I was a terrible goon leaver. I was thinking the same thing as TheAgent. :v:
Good job Commando.

MoMA is a hot commodity apparently!

I'm not a leaver MoMA. I'm a potential backer still.

:wink:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I'm so big I won't even fit in your memory baby

When you crash me to desktop and play that non stop looping sound, you'll melt my packages.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope it goes beep, beep, beep every time you kick it into reverse. And also the more you speed up going backwards the bigger the flames come out of the rear thrust sensor module engines.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
So since everybody is hell bent on the crappy FPS game, how is the actual space ship stuff since the update? Do the space ships fly like they have weight and mass and velocity, and turn based on the pretend placement of the magic thrusters? Or do they still turn like no clip characters in a zero gravity level?

I know, I know... what does my heart tell me?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I hope there's going to be a fastening your safety belt minigame.

It will have a 20 page design description of the page, detailing how your seat belt will help prevent you from taking g force damage and rag dolling around your cockpit. It will also explain how you can get preferred LTI with 720 logged hours of safety belt piloting. Spergs will think of great role play situations where they use it as restraints for molesting the pilot (we know why that is, too), and ultimately it will be awesome.

Chris will go into great detail on an ATV and explain how the belt can be adjusted to any setting thanks to new belt technology. Off camera we will hear an Asian guy having an orgasm, and MoMA won't post for the night. The next day or two he'll reappear and talk about how he had a great bottle of wine in casual leisure at the foot of his lit in-home swimming pool.

What it will be in game is a nothing. Maybe less than half the ships have a static belt modeled into the seat. It will be a mechanic that is never talked about again and backers will all say "well of course we knew it wasn't going to be logical. Chris was just guessing when he promised it in the next patch. Game development is hard you loving content locust."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm a video game idiot. What's no-clip?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No collision detection, you just point wherever and go there.

This. Basically like being in a map editor where you can move anywhere in the map to best design it. It's basically like being a zero gravity character.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

They've been silently discounting the reality of the ships by continually mentioning that they're adjusting the "flight model" although not a single ship in the game is actually using flight physics. It is as you said, a noclip zero-grav, with the numbers continually tweaked to make it feel like flight without any actual flight physics calculations. Occasionally a developer will pipe up about adjusting "mass" then gently caress off for 3 months to write a script that kills you if you hit <<USE>> in an airlock while you're not wearing pants.

CIG can't simulate a vacuum in their space game. CIG is so incompetent they can't even develop "nothing" properly.

They should focus on fixing this. :3:

It really looks corny and cheap and amateur when they have these very pretty ships, and then it turns around an axis at center mass like some kind of Minecraft abomination.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wrecked Angle posted:

Who actually made this gif? It's the absolute closest thing to cig.gif that exists.

It's just so perfect, Chris just riding his spaceship dreams through a faked universe blissfully unaware of the deception that's going on beneath him*. And why should he care? As long as the money keeps coming in his ride continues, never getting any closer to his imagined destination. Down front the 2 'faces of the community' do what ever they can to keep shovelling money into the Star Citizen dream machine, while Sandi skillfully oversees the whole charade with her unique management style.

*I don't actually believe CR is unaware of the deception. gently caress Chris Roberts.

I think it was a goon girlfriend. Or that may have been the whale fishing gif.

Though it implies Chris is actually playing the space ship game. He doesn't. He probably hasn't actually played it since he was forced to on live stream a long time ago. That stream needs to be part of the thread if it isn't already.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hopefully this guy will find his way here before he gets eviscerated by the community for expecting CIG to actually make a game instead of cutscenes and promises.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Get that man footage of his hero playing his PC saving game using an Xbox 360 controller. Your hero disagrees with you! :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thanks, Mirificus. Now that I know Bluegoblin is some high school kid I feel bad for going off on him at some point. I hope he grows up to be a good man some day. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What good is a company that is so incredibly lovely at managing themselves that they can't even successfully predict what will happen in two weeks?

I mean that seems indescribably incompetent.

Absolute zero. Star Citizen is incredibly late, extremely over budget, and horribly managed in all aspects pertaining to actually delivering a product.

Star Citizen is both a success for raking in scads of money in pre orders, and a incredible failure that will never come close to meeting the requirements for the promises people spent that money for.

The only way CIG will be a viable long-term (haha, I doubt this was ever supposed to be long term) company is by self-publishing. The only thing CIG has successfully proven to investors and publishers is that they cannot make a game with infinite time and infinite money. Even if Star Citizen is good, they will not get a publisher to back them for any other future ventures, or Star Citizen 2.

CIG will only exist so long as it has benevolent whales with blind faith and deep pockets.