Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Christ, and for a short while, I actually thought this game might be coming out. Thanks for enlightening me, goons. I feel like I've gotten hundreds of dollars of entertainment out of Star Citizen for absolutely free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWiKSzBr-2Q

Did you guys see this yet? It's basically never gonna happen, right?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neonbregna posted:

lol if you don't keep your starship jpgs in an emp shielded 8' thick concrete bunker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCFP0p7mOOo

I keep my starship jpegs with my buttcoins on my encrypted cold storage wallet flash drive

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, but can I manually load and unload cargo with 5-10 of my friends?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAgent posted:

yup, romance scenes are in according to that leaked script from ages ago

Is it cuckoldry if I press X to kiss the tickle fetish #actress on the mouth? I want to make sure my $10,000 "package" pays for itself.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what even is this game supposed to be anymore?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shart Shittizen is the name of my new snuff film, actually!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Those are all so ugly and generic gunmetal as all hell. Why would anyone buy this?

Also, from the replies:

quote:

I say we get out of Alpha before we start wrapping everything up in a decorative box, but hey, that's just my two cents.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Foo Diddley posted:

A pistol and a single bullet

You won't have time for real life when the galaxy awaits in Star Citizen! Coming this... eternity!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait to eat blue cheese tacos while 5-10 of my buddies (in VR of course) unload cargo from my freight haul of Trandoshandaneese vibrators to a black market station where everyone roleplays as a blue skinned sex addict dragon with eight dicks

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stolen from the Reddit thread:

quote:

Finally a real accomplishment since we hit the $100 Million mark.
Next real milestone would be $200 Million, but I don't think we can hit that before the game finally launches.

How is throwing $150m at a yet to be released space game an "accomplishment?"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAgent posted:

how pissed are intel and amazon going to be when roberts can't even get a basic 3.0 out in time for e3

he will have to become a literal star citizen in order to escape their wrath

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got lost in the middle of nowhere in Elite Dangerous and totally unsure of what to do next about a year ago so of course I'm reinstalling it and upgrading to Horizons now that I have an Oculus Rift. So I guess Frontier suckered another fool out of his money.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sappo569 posted:

Who do you think you are, Chris Roberts?

Remember when he complained people weren't sending in enough free gifts

Say what?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is this Sandi trying to summon the magic of the Infini-Game?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Chris Roberts saw all of the real-money investment in EVE (like thousands of dollars for a ship) and saw a way for him to cash in. And it's just so sad at this point. The community and CCP's hands-off approach made that game into what it is today, and to try and force that same outcome now is just goddamn embarrassing.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bought this on sight because Oculus Rift support, I'm such a goddamn mark.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Star Citizen comes with a barf bag to deal with how poorly their VR support is going to be implemented.

edit: I've been playing a lot of Star Wars Mod for X3:AP, which is some guy slapping Star Wars into X3. It's good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trucutru posted:

Just in case they don't let people buy the game after it's out?

Star Citizen is coming out?

Ha! That's the best joke I've read on this entire sub forum!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine if they actually scaled the scope of their project and made incremental releases that resulted in an actual franchise that came together into the final MMO.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, poo poo. Titanfall 2 has a singe player campaign which is pretty drat good after a multiplayer only shooter that was pretty fantastic, and the sequel has an even better multiplayer. Not too hard to find a match either.

I just don't get why they didn't try to focus their scope on a gradual scale.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkRefreshment posted:

Those mocapping sessions from the toilet, after the team lunch at Chipotle, are really paying off

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Trek Bridge Crew has multicrew ship flying in VR with crossplay - I had a Rift, two had Vives, and one had a Playstation VR headset, and we did the whole campaign just now - hilarious fun, and an actual game!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAgent posted:

hello just wtf is this poo poo

man that's going to be a really bad MMO

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow, I didn't see power in the new Prey. What's it called?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did Star Citizen ever mention romance scenes or loving mechanics? Are they just letting people write whatever lore they want for this game? Was the Sandi mocap .gif an indicator that she's playing a romance option in the game?

I'm so confused.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well, at least with these, you can hold them in your hands and go pew pew and pretend you're playing Star Citizen.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're livestreaming a "Town Hall" on Youtube right now apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1juFf-TpPiM

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my favorite part of videogames is watching mocap cutscenes

not like, flying spaceships, or anything

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NASA to start selling concept .jpegs after Trump cut the funding

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao that star traders thing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Septic Tank Gulag posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, Ben is clearly a normal, healthy weight person:

all those long days negotiating concept ship sales has done wonders

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was called Super Pretendo in the show, going off Google

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if RSI runs out of game developers (coders) to trick into working on Star Citizen?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star Citizen is actually a platform for text based MMORPG

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello backers. Chris here, I have some exciting news! Thanks to outside financing, and due to recent developments, we are refactoring the scope of the much awaited Squadron 42 - and incorporating it directly into your Star Citizen experience!

Unfortunately, due to the realities of the recent referendum, we have been forced to scale down our initial scope and are proud to announce our upcoming release of British Citizen, a brand new MMO experience set to release this fall!

Experience the wonder of strolling around the interior of authentic London steel hangars as A-list actors like Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill, and Gary Oldman tell you about the adventures in space you could have been having! Loiter around the infinite gallery of concept art JPEGs! Discover the adventure of clipping into the geometry of ships you paid thousands of real dollars for! Finally, you and other players can meet and roleplay the experience of bragging about your latest adventures* Across the Verse!

*Adventures not included with final product and CIG accepts zero liability for entitled backers' impossible expectations for Ferarris when given Ford Pintos.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 25, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So can the bank be like "put whatever you have into a functional game and gently caress off forever" at this point? Can they give CIG the boot and try and get another studio to finish the game so they can recoup their loan? Are Amazon and Intel in any place to do anything about this?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aren't they rolling SQ42 into the larger MMO? Are they relying on the confusion between the two in an attempt to get one over on the bank? Is Chris Roberts that cocky with his own IP?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

big nipples big life posted:

But you see CIG is owned by Chris Roberts and Coutts would give them 0% just to have their name attached to trillion dollar global IP Star Citizen.

He walked into the conference room and dropped a bunch of concept JPEGs on the table. They had no choice but to fork over everything to Chris, who could resist the infinite possibilities across the verse?

She was fearless, and crazier than him. She was his queen, and god help anyone who dared to disrespect his queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Looking forward to CitizenCon

Brought to you by our "partner," Coutts & Co!