Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I played a shitload of Doom on the Atari Jaguar :ohdear:

It was actually a pretty good port, oddly enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Reharakhti posted:

It's still in development, added some ranged stuff last week (not done yet, obviously :P)
https://twitter.com/minionsart/status/804783655717666816

Scrolling through your past updates, this is looking great.

EDIT: and I see you already have one more alien language than Star Citizen.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 5, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

alphabettitouretti posted:

DRAK Caterpillar.

"There's a Fulcrum incoming to our position."
"That's not good enough, I need to know what company built it."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

2DCAT posted:

Is Croberts the king of the potato people in all of this? ...and are the backers purchasing magic carpets?

Yeah, a little three one-seater.

EDIT: Cattes browsing the thread

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 7, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I wanna see the translation.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

A new loading screen? Wow, that means 25% of everything you see during a game is changed!

Also lol that the BDSSE couldn't handle a few NPCs.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

"Look the only reason Star Citizen posters get penalized more is because they tend to be more inflammatory and make personal attacks."
"gently caress you that's bullshit you gay oval office."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I love how they think SC will have a dynamic economy and political system when it took them 4-plus years to figure out how to get a shooty-man to jump over a rail and they still haven't gotten it right.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Beet Wagon posted:

loving lmbo at the future space marine drill instructor they're clearly gonna have in their Star Marine ad.

It's 9 billion years in the future and drill instructors still wear brown rounds because crobberts is a loving hack.

If there's one thing that members of the various armed services enjoy, it's being confused for a member of another service branch. They certainly don't feel an identity that's unique to their branch and would totally welcome having patches that look like all the other patches, except the pointy bits are in different directions.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Kavak posted:

1. Chris is visibly intoxicated
2. Sandi is visibly stoned
3. Ben is visibly fat
4. Disco is visibly pissed
5. Development is visibly hosed

I could see that.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I saw the URL and thought this would be a Sandi clip.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

He's got us there. We probably wouldn't because the EA game would only be about three months into development.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Beet Wagon posted:

And yet we haven't seen hide nor hair of anything related to SQ42 for what, like a year? Don't tell me you legit buy into the "it's all too special to leak" excuse.

I'd buy that, because if they showed 2 minutes of footage in a trailer, it would comprise about 40% of the finished prelude.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

30,000 errors is actually an improvement.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Tokamak posted:

It's from CryEngine to CryEngine, but it still would have involved quite a bit of work.

Which is why it happened with no delays, unless you count all the delays that happened this year.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

D_Smart in April posted:

I can't wait to read the part where they decide to either port to Unity5 or to Lumberyard, Amazon's version of CryEngine4. Not to mention CryEngine5 which is more advanced/modern than CryEngine4.

Someone change :lol: to read "ELE."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Mr.PayDay posted:

"No changes other than licensing, not a single drat thing. Maybe down the road some mandatory Amazon connectivity for data collection/ad purposes but at the core not a single loving thing. Don't sweat it"

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7389759/#Comment_7389759

:D

"What's this ad for the Grand Tour popping up on my HUD?"
"You mean the Galactic Tour?"
"No."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

From Discord:

thedereksmart - Today at 7:59 PM
just got this:

Hey, hi I'm following you since a good amount of time and thanks for everything, the patch 2.6 is now live as you should already know, but something strange happened on their website. On the voyager store where people can buy stuff with in game credit a good amount of missile were "sold" for free for something like 5 minutes. I was able to purchase 1000 item (the cart limit) the amount is estimated as 33,200,000 uec. As for 1000uec = 1$ I bought for 33,200$ of free stuff. I hope I was clear on what I'm trying to say as I'm not a native american-english speaker.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

These people are loving delusional

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Bah from RSI forums posted:

Hmm... this is weird. The 2.6 PTU already had Lumberyard's logo on the splash screen, but the servers apparently weren't running on AWS (my ping was far too high for that). For regular plebeian game developers you're forced to use AWS on your online services if you use Lumberyard, I wonder if CIG made a specific deal with them.

Yes, I'm sure that's the explanation, it couldn't be because the game is poo poo.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

A cat that makes one understand why the ancient Egyptians revered them so.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I assume this person has their own section in the DSM-5.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I giggle when I look at how every other thread on the front page of that sub has a single-digit number of comments while that one has 267.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Yes the seats, engine, and wheels in my Focus are identical to those parts found in a Cadillac or a Lamborghini.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I guess what I'm not clear on is if they left Jennifer on the porch during the 3.8 Cryengine line, how does she appear on the porch in the Lumberyard line at the end of the 3rd movie?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The cheating angle is great because it will be so much harder to convince themselves that the poo poo game isn't poo poo, and CIG won't do anything about it. :allears:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

It's con men all the way down.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

WTFosaurus is offering TheStaceyRoy a mysterious solo cup on their stream and it feels loving weird now.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

:smith:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

What the blue hell is this a screengrab from?

WTFosaurus is on TheStaceyRoy's stream being creepy and touchy. https://www.twitch.tv/thestaceyroy

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

This is disturbing

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

This is excellent.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The rest of the people it does that to are in motion, for him it's just a static picture lol

He kept moving his arms around too much when trying to film him.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

TheAgent posted:

hello

all of these are god knows how credible
  • chris roberts is transitioning away from any game or art design to focus more on company matters
  • someone close to chris (sean tracy??) will be handling all end stage design and art approvals
  • expect 3.0 features in 2018 at the minimum
  • sqlude is still scheduled for this year
  • sqlude is working off a different engine branch than 2.6/3.0 (???)
  • mocapped assets are undergoing redesigns (again)
  • some mocapped characters have changed due to rewrites, causing dialogue to be re-recorded
  • crawling/wall/fast attacking vanduul were too "problematic," will now stand and fire normally
  • AI still broken (shooting through walls, instakilling the player, animations not firing correctly, spazzing out into the great beyond on death anim)
  • netcode still broken
  • updated design docs are forthcoming and will detail some "minor" changes to scope
  • larger ships with full player crews will be hamstrung fighting against AI ships until problems are fixed
  • larger battles are still not possible (2018/2019 minimum) and SC will focus more on smaller player driven skirmishes
  • end year sales "barely put our nostrils above water"

The wall crawling abandonment is good. Can't solve a problem that Rebellion Software handled okay with Aliens vs Predator 17 years ago.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

In case you don't want to watch that, here's the script:

:awesomelon: : Captain
:geno: : computer
:downswords: : get out
:geno: : ur mom
pew pew pew pew pew
:geno: : computer
:geno: : :geno:
:geno: : :geno:
:geno: : i did it
:roboluv:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I remember the first time I played System Shock 2, and though in hindsight there were clues that something wasn't right with the conversations with Dr. Polito, when the big reveal was made, it was bar none the creepiest and coolest thing my 18-year-old self had ever experienced in a video game up to that point, and it heightened what was already an engaging and thrilling game experience.

Oh no wait, it was just a fancy cutscene, never mind.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

TheAgent posted:

sandis nephew, how quaint

Does he know his aunt does tickle fetish videos?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AusaNp6FOSQNAmY7m_zZbh82hFqW0-9xxQDKvIZyx3o/edit

TL;DR a couple of RSI employees on the SC discord (before they closed it I guess) made a rule that if you spoil Rogue One your RSI account will be closed:

An OG backer took issue with it and was thrown out of the discord. Asked for a partial refund and was given a full refund instead and account closed. In conclusion don't gently caress with an RSI employees shooty space movie.

I'd love for that to get back to Chris and Sandi.

"Looks like another refund. We lost two grand."
"Oh Christ, at this rate, we'll have to come up with another ship paint job to sell so I can take that trip to Monaco. Why did they want the refund?"
"Let's see...um, because they spoiled something in Rogue One."
Cut to two CIG staffers walking by outside Crobberts office, suddenly they hear furious handwaving and Restoration Hardware desks being pounded, they abrutply turn around and go back around the corner they came from.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Madcosby posted:

Yup. He lets Chris use his mo-cap studio for free because its good publicity for him

Good to see that Andy Serkis has finally made the big time and is getting noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 13, 2017