Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When is the stream?

In 2 hours 45 minutes like 11am pst noon mountain 1 pm central 2pm est because I have no idea what that euroscum gmt thing is supposed to be!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Thats like 3 seconds of desync. Wow.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The little jitter when they stop walking.....That's amazing.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Colostomy Bag posted:

lmao @ the audio

Looks like a bad kung-fu movie.

I think you'll get way more entertainment out of a kung fu movie. If you would like some suggestions there are a bunch of dope Shaw Brothers (the best ones) on Netflix and Youtube.

Here's a great Shaw Brothers/Hammer Films collab where dracula goes to China and Peter Cushing has to go kill Dracula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXBnC4i6W4w

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This looks like a less interesting Destiny. The armor stuff all looks like a low budget rip off of the Destiny armors.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

YEEEEEA BUDDY

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The blood splatter effects when they get hit............ oh man

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

"on the fidelity front"

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ArfJason posted:

Please, i am begging you, do not doxx, do not send death threats, do not post hentai spaceships, do not pass go.

who is doing this?

Drunk Theory posted:

It's like the one hook they have. Even CIG are reduced to "Ben fat" jokes.

Thanks for the TVIVing thread. For those stuck in airports.

:lol: I never even connected the noodle machine with ben....

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This looks....awful.

The SWTOR free fly thing is way more fun looking

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

dot se? isnt that a swedish site then?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Goodness. The sound problems.

I guess you can't be toooo hard on them for the sound, even poo poo like Valve's The International and Riots Invitational had major sound problems. But they fixed that poo poo.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

BeefThief posted:

man I picked the right day to pay attention to star citizen again, it's like a whole year of jank thrust upon us all at once

Same :lol:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ArfJason posted:

Why are you insane hosed up idiots watching with complete focus the stream of the game you all hate? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

I'm also watching project runway on the other monitor :)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kosumo posted:

Valve' The International is a proper full Outside Broadcast done by professonals, this is worst than a high school av clubs junior class first attempt.

Would not suprize me if twitch ask them to stop using their platform due to them bring it into disrepute.

Yeah it is now, the first couple I think they tried to do in house before realizing they had billions of dollars and just hired a news station to do it and it's now smooth as silk. Their behind the scenes tours they occasionally did where you get to see their control trucks are great. It's like they got a sports broadcast company to do it because they are the best at the live stuff.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

What

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wow

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Gif that blindfolded man stat. New jerking off gif found.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

That drill sergeant has a really tall head.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SelenicMartian posted:

What if Full Metal Jacket was Karate Kid?

Sweep the leg cowboy!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Thoatse posted:

don't these guys have like real audio equipment and sound stages and poo poo :psyduck:

Backer funded and enumerated in the kickstarter goals even!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Beet Wagon posted:

Since it seems like I'm missing the whole thing somebody tell me: did the drill sergeant sound like R. Lee Ermey?

He tried so hard but he was british or something so it just ended up being really really funny. He also had on khakis and a polo and had a really tall head

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

best bale posted:

has chris or sandi made an appearance yet? I'm so ashamed, I'm just now finding out about the stream

In hilarious fashion. Like 3 second audio desynced and they had that weird outline from a improperly set up green screen. They also hot micced during a part with ben where his mic wasn't on and she said "Thats scary" so who knows what she was talking about. Idk i'm catching up on this season of Project Runway so this is just what I'm catching during the commercials. It's an amazing trainwreck.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Raskolnikov posted:

His doctor cleared him, he is very healthy and fit.

*orders celebratory Cheesecake Factory*

All I cna think of with that quote.

TRUMP DOCTOR SEX CAKE

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Thats pretty nicely done eyeliner. Good for her, put on the disguise for the stream.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Well....at least they have a design document for designing the aliens ship.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Erenthal posted:

Crobber is telling us that the 2,8 km long Vandull Kingship will be fully modelled with interiors and being able to explore it.

Wouldn't that be, especially if there are multiple decks, the biggest world outside of maybe wow ever in a game?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Erenthal posted:

Oh wow Chris, the Vandull are a warrior race with martial ideals? Height of imagination there!

Space vandals sacking space rome!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wow. That's just discord. Who do they think they are fooling? Even the backers were like wtf.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

:lol:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I.N.R.I posted:

Absolutely :-] though for me the real prize is something else

whats that?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I.N.R.I posted:

World peace. just kidding

tricked again :smith:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Goobs posted:

lol my probation got turned into a ban? interesting. guess you guys really do like wtfosarus.

happy 2017!

that sucks because that stuff was really funny to read through. the comments were gold

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Those stupid, incompetent idiots made their game mode and assets normal size, you loving believe that?

Just select all the code and scale it down by 50% bing bong boom simple

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Chairman Wao posted:

Heh. No lights shining right into their faces? Heh :smug:

They had that in the first season iirc. It's a movie/tv thing so you can, you know, see the actors faces in the blackness of space where no one can hear you scream. It also looks hella futuristic though. It's always cool going back to old sci-fi movies that didn't have LEDs and wondering how hot those helmets must have been and if anyone lost any vision.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Young Freud posted:

Outland was really into that, with it's '80s Ron Cobb "used universe" look. It looks like they used strip lights used for aquariums inside the helmets.

Ha, that was exactly the movie I was thinking about but was too lazy to type in Sean Connery space sheriff into google. That movie was rad as hell too.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Erenthal posted:

I mainly remember my first contact with it being as a kid in a MAD magazine parody of it which I didn't understand, not having seen the movie. But yeah, good underrated movie with solid design and aestethics.

Funnily enough it was also about a guy who was trying to bring down corporate greed and scams in space....

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Young Freud posted:

You got me curious and Alien did something similar, but most of the lighting comes from a lamp exterior to the helmet.

Interestingly, Ripley's suit at the end doesn't have this, her face is illuminated by environmental lighting. Then again, Signorney Weaver's face is so pale and her hair so dark she doesn't need a light interior to the helmet to bring out her face.

The thing people remember most about Outland is the explosive decompression scenes, the first with the miner in the beginning whose face inflates like a balloon when he opens his suit and then the two hitmen. Supposedly, that doesn't happen in real life, the closest is if you hold your breath, the nitrogen build-up will rupture your lungs and probably explosively tear open from your neck to your cheek.

Yeah when Prometheus was coming out people were talking about the super slick space suits they had that hearkened back to the 1950s and the scifi serials of the time and there were a bunch of design articles linked about how they originally just did that so you could see the actors faces then realized it looked hella futuristic. Movie design stuff is really interesting when you can see design decisions made to convey concepts or ideas that are to show without using words.

But this was also done by Ridley Scott, you know, a man who has an actual vision and the visual design of Prometheus is second to none so far. Probably the prettiest movie made to date.

Its one reason why I cannot fault crobblers for being fascinated with mocap and movie making because it is super interesting, otoh hes fleeced nerds for more money than like 9/10 of the budget of every movie being made and hes got a real piece of junk so far. Like, his space suits are so loving BORING. In the posts we've been talking there has been what, 4 completely different looking space suits and 2 of those were even from the same director while crobblers is stealing his look from halo. It's just so sad because gently caress it, you're 10000 years or whatever in the future, go wild with your designs.

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 8, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah this too. Alien does have this nice chunky feel. The Nostromo feels like a utility ship, not some state of the art slick thing made to look good for the cameras.

Like I said, theres room for both! And both of those movies were made by the same dude! It's how you can have future car tesla killers and a 1984 honda civic on the same road!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Lladre posted:

If the lore allegedly has glass stronger than steel there is no reason to have your helmets not have 270 degrees of view.

something something COSMIC RADIATION

The Expanse has so far had the best depiction of what happens if you open your helmet in space i.e. nothing if youre holding your breath and its not for very long. Pretty cool depictions.

Now that I think about it, they could def take some monster design cues from the crazy bendy people for the Ceres asteroid infections.