Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm glad that we have a reputable poster providing the OP and not 'he who shall not be named'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:synpa:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:page3:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:sicknasty:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Thoatse posted:

So where are we now on Mount Funding?

we are on a fractal recurrence of the graph within the graph.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Production schedule diff checker:
https://www.diffchecker.com/A9nozxJ8

Previous:
https://www.diffchecker.com/ucNCNlQy

-----

The more interesting thing is if you compare the latest version with the first:
https://www.diffchecker.com/fmvSgRFW

Almost everything is delayed by two weeks - optimistic estimates, pessemistic estimates... Two weeks later and they are still investigating the prop serialisation code. One section was completed but has gone back for a rework (network sync [lol]).

In two weeks they have completed: art dressings for the FPS map, prop dressings for ships, pick up icons for arena commander, the remaining camera bugs, gamerules refactor (this one seems substantial) and telling QA how to access the new PU missions for testing. On the otherhand you have Turbulent (leaderboards) and the music composer submitting their contributions on time.

They are also using the previous estimate, and not the original. So you get: ETA is 9th December (delayed from 2nd December). But the original states: ETA is 18th November. Turning a three week delay into one week.

They gave us a schedule to deliver the patch in roughly four weeks. In two weeks almost everything has been delayed by two week, and the release was pushed back one week. Given that the estimates converged by around 50% over 50% of the time frame, we can probably expect at least another weeks delay. This would put it around 23rd of december, aka january 2017.

2.6 was a sure lock for 2016, until it wasn't.

RIP BIND CULLING

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 3, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TheAgent posted:

like how the gently caress are you testing star marine when the loving network code isn't in and functioning

CryEngine 3's netcode could support up to 32 players out of the box, hth.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So the new Caterpillar looks interesting:

I'm most excited by the fact that we won't have another Caterpillar update on ATV (until they decide to rework it).

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

lmao. come argue in the forum where this discussion will immediately get moderated, so I can jerk it to my egotistical desire to always be correct on an internet forum.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

lmao do you want a a 56k Warning?

if you have an old or lower end phone, a massive image/gif dump can make the browser crawl.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Derek should post more updates where he corrects his mistakes. It is incompatible with the worldview they have constructed in that sub. Now if he apologises for incorrect information... it might trigger an ELE-like event.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

/r/ds respects CIG's NDA by taking down a post of someone gloating by posting a star marine issue council video. A sub dedicated to disproving Derek's lies, hampered by the NDA of some unrelated project :smug:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

That seems like an awful lot of important people to be hiring this late in the game

19 from Engineering?

16 Art types? That's all they produce is art work, and they need MORE?

I guess either so many are leaving they can't replace them fast enough,or Crobberts wont be happy until he has 500 people under his will and whim

Most of them are open positions and have been for years.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ancient Xian proverb

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The melee attacks in this video highlight that the latency isn't very good. I wonder where the player is situated, because if they are American then lol.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MedicineHut posted:

Puzzled that this hasn't made it yet into the RSI forums, SC reddit or even the Evocati leaks reddit thingie.

They made it a rule to not post any evocati stuff after the last patch. If you violate the TOS to download and run an unauthorised offline version, then that footage is is ok to post...

I think they are going to revise the rule since they realised that people are discussing the leaks in a subreddit run by a goon, and can't control the message. It doesn't help that when people ask questions about the evocati, someone replies with a link to the leak subreddit.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This post has renewed my faith in the never ending community drama. Good to know that many citizens are bottling it up, and I can count on CIG to squander the good will that this latest bit of 'transparency' has generated.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

MoMA presents some hallucinatory rambles about homesteading in the 'verse.

https://relay.sc/article/home-in-the-verse-pt-2-homesteading

At the next project leads meeting after the NMS update, you can bet that Chris was going on about prioritising base building and rambling on about all of the things he expects to be able to do on his home base.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Eldragon posted:

Every time Bioware does a homosexual character its always tacked on and doesn't actually add to the character; Like Bioware is going through a multiculturalism checklist before release to keep the angry bloggers happy. But now that I criticized Bioware that makes me a homophobe.

Really bad example because romances in those games have always been tacked on, terrible fan service (even in Baldur's Gate), and is the primary reason why sexuality exists in those games. They are doing it to appease fans and make money because that has always been the purpose of romancing in Bioware games. The straight romances are as bad as the gay romances. They are simply adding more of them.

Who do you think writes a romantic plot for a buff, gay elven rouge? A fanfic author or an 'angry blogger'? Who do you think are asking for romantic encounters in Star Citizen? You don't really need to do any sleuthing to determine the culprit.

That said, I'm really excited for the female model :awesome:
So I can introduce my girlfriend to Star Citizen and take her shopping for space clothes... of course.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 8, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm up $800!
If I cash out I might break even...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

So it was an interesting trial run for these new rules. They were not perfect and did not accommodate for issues present in the situation above. Had we removed the content, it's fair to say that a significant amount of users would have missed out on content that is of great interest to them. So...some final thoughts following on from that:

The Evocati rules may have been a bit harsh in the wake of CIG opening up more details of the process for 2.6 and details released pre-test.

We did not plan for a situation where it could be leaked in another way aside those within the testing environment. Probably a timely reminder for CIG too.

For the most part, users enjoyed the content and generally we don't want to remove relevant content which interesting and enjoyable to users.

It's been said before, /r/starcitizen and CIG are not affiliated in anyway and we are under no obligation to remove such content. That said, we do want to make this a welcoming community for CIG and their staff.

Totally not butthurt about /r/starcitizen_leaks.
They are simply relaxing the rules due to open development.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Er_Dova seems pretty stressed. Maybe he should go hang out on /r/starcitizen and chill out a bit.

Er_Dova is probably about a 6 on the meltdown scale at the moment. Elevated, but successfully holding it in.
Wait till they are posting on a second account and writing long, rambling posts about anecdotes and local colloquialisms involving lazy and impatient people.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

both

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

darkarchon posted:

UEE = America
Vanduul = Russia
Xi'An = Japan
Banu = Jews

Think about it.

spaceship = aeroplane
space fashion = 20th century fashion
story element = 20th century [movie] plot
Roberts Space Industries = Roberts Space Industries Corp./Roberts Space Industries International Ltd.
mein gott!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

It doesn't matter if those people aren't heterosexual

I thought you didn't read the posts...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

How can you avoid a poster if they post in every thread?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tokamak posted:

Er_Dova is probably about a 6 on the meltdown scale at the moment. Elevated, but successfully holding it in.
Wait till they are posting on a second account and writing long, rambling posts about anecdotes and local colloquialisms involving lazy and impatient people.

That escalated quickly...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Also they updated their schedule report

PTU window is now set to somewhere between today and next Wednesday. Live release is still scheduled for next Friday.

I have faith that CIG will release 2.6 on the 16th... to subscribers on the PTU.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

no need to make up anything in this thread

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

has there been any new ships announced in the past.......................................two weeks???

There will be a new one on the holiday live stream next week.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TheLightPurges posted:

Derek Smart hacked my manuscipt and replaced every instance of the word Rape with "Get a refund". My novel is now 50 pages longer as a result.

TheLightPurges 'Rape. Rape.' Martin

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

XK posted:

Sorry, CryTek, they're all pledges.

No combos

Come on down to Roberts Shiphouse and pledge for your special ship special

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 11, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

XK posted:

Is this really from their test release? Really?

There's even more and worse if you follow the link in the quote, those are just a sampling.

I'm withholding belief on those pictures. They're just so bad.

They've shown off many of those screens in some form or another over the last year. Chris really has a hard on for UI's from the 90's that are designed for 800x600. Mobiglas is a clunky, low information console UI that PC gamers typically complain about. The menu design philosophy is a big middle panel showing an image and paragraph of text, and a side panel showing a scrolling list with only 4 elements visible at a time. It's pretty much just a rip off of Mass Effect's UI, except with translucent panels and thinner, 'lighter' fonts/borders.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 12, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

#IMAINN

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

It's like someone put the actual text through a translator a few times and then dumped it on the page

Very strange

Those Star Citizen 'articles' that have been popping up are likely algorithmically generated. It's amusing that redditors keep posting them like they matter in the slightest.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

nawledgelambo posted:

How are animations still being worked on for sitting down?

Not animations, but animation. This is the one true 'getting in and out of chairs' animation that is going to be copy/pasted for maximum fidelity.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Apparently being a doubter and making regular critical posts makes you a Derek worshipper and gets you your very own psychological assessment:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

Hey MoMA, I bet you 10 bucks that SC turns out to be this generations Hellgate: London IF it actually comes out.

A kinda ugly, awkward and clunky game with a design and gameplay mechanics which were ahead of its time?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Don't worry, they'll have a schedule update for the people getting anxious in this thread. The patch will be getting released on the 23rd, you can book it. And when they make the tough decision next Thursday to delay it to next year, it will be completely shocking and unexpected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

reminder: subsumption was originally going to be an update for ArcCorp. That poo poo was 'the next major update', and has completed disappeared out of the consciousness of citizens.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14927-Welcome-To-ArcCorp-Star-Citizen-12-Released - August 29 2015.

quote:

Subsumption

The next major update will be Subsumption, which will showcase some of the hard work that’s been going into the development of systems that will allow us to construct environments filled with intelligent NPCs going about their business and that really feels alive. We’ll be aiming to deliver a completely new environment – Nyx – with that release as well. Final Frontier will follow and enable you and your friends to accept some simple missions while planetside and then head out into space together to accomplish them. Quantum will unveil the full-blown solar system navigation map and allow easy access to any part of the current system, including cities on three other Stanton planets: Hurston, Microtech, and Crusader.

More details will be provided on these updates as they get closer, but that’s the basic roadmap for the near future. In between the major releases it’s quite possible that you’ll see smaller revisions since delivering content becomes far easier as more and more of the underlying foundation comes online. While there’s still a tremendous amount of work to do, the clouds are finally starting to part and the stars are coming into view….

promise 3.0, deliver 2.0. lol.