Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tokamak posted:

That escalated quickly...

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I requested a refund.

What changed?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

cool new Polack jokes posted:

"Personally if I were going to hate something for 8 years... it'd be the Jews":grin:

No one pays the (((Banu))) any attention, that's how they get away with traveling from system to system poisoning gravity wells.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This guy is going to show up on Derek's door one day.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know. I just finally accepted that they were never going to deliver anything.

Well if you refunded I think some other whale should be given your job so that balance is maintained.

MoMA for Mod

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We'll see. I suspect that this won't be easy.

If you've gone powermad and are unwilling to step down then two whale mods will be needed, I propose MoMA and Lazrin.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know what Angelarch is bitching about. This was him a year ago.

He got his money's worth already.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:ughh:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

remember when they said 2.6 would hit live before thanksgiving

lol
remember when they said 3.0 would hit live before christmas

lol

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Yeah, I felt bad for the guy and his team. They worked hard on this. Miyazaki eviscerated them; I don't think I've ever witness such a thorough critical beatdown.

They made a really cool thing but I don't know what they were thinking bringing it to Miyazaki. The man is all about life triumphing over technology and they present him with an AI created human ragdoll that moves in completely unnatural ways. It's anathema to everything he stands for in every way, what were they expecting to hear?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I see they solved the "ships shake themselves apart" problem.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like we need a new batch of space cookies.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:reddit:: :ohdear:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Lesnick, Games Developer

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The only time Star Citizen had any honesty in it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

loving hell, Cymelion is an idiot. While the present thread title is obviously the best one yet, maybe the next one should be Star Citizen: Cymelion is an idiot.

Cymelion is an idiot. God drat, that is one stupid person. The stupid I can deal with but he became such a disingenuous twat that it's really starting to grate on me.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

nawledgelambo posted:

And yet, the knob reads zero.

Makes you think.

:negative:

e:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 10, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:vince:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Someone should remake that suicide noose anime girl gateway pic but with a tism chariot on the other end instead.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

I touched the poop. :)

10 goons 1 whale

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha, holy poo poo this dude is nuts.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It's been dark times recently with CIG delivering blow after blow but we must not lose nerve. This will be the last big event for a long time, we have at least 4 months to work with. It's vital we give it 110% and push harder than ever for a Refund Cascade as early as possible into 2017.

We almost had it last month but it's been nothing but setbacks ever since. I'm starting to fear that if we fail to cause a Refund Cascade before summer nothing will stop this game from coming out.

3 years work down the drain, not to mention the hit to our internet reputation. :negative:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 11, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

All that talk of death-by-spacesim man and his novel made me realize I think I still have a link to the full version of The Happy Alaskan's horrible sci-fi movie... I never did watch it.

e: forgot some words

What's the latest on our friend? Will the Happy Alaskan be climbing down any chimneys?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 11, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
"I don't read a lot but when I do it's Animorphs."

- Nobel Literature Prize 2026

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

What I take from this is that the 4th Stimpire has achieved human immortality. No wonder Big Pharma is running a smear campaign against them.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

Thought I might actually read and not skim over a post or two of the new additions to this thread...but no, fuckin' lovely Star Citizen fanfiction just had to make me feel like a fool for even considering it.

You should write a novel about your experience.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There is a lot I could do to CIG even before getting into drone strike territory.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The purpose of the Trailblazers program is to provide a friendly, personal welcome for new settlers in the ‘Verse, while simultaneously reducing the probability they might be confused, share misinformation, or drop-out as a result of a poor experience with:

- Backing: Difficulty understanding what’s needed to get started.
- Playing: Overcoming the learning curves on the early gameplay experience and technology issues.
- Expectations: Misunderstanding the nature of backing and playing a game in alpha release.
- Isolation: Difficulty integrating with the community.

This reads like the mission statement of a PR firm, not a grassroots fan news site.

Oh, wait...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thoatse posted:

Peak enthusiasm already reached, pls send help!

http://imperialnews.network/2016/12/peak-enthusiast/

quote:

But the questions I have is this: Is it possible that a lack of understanding, willful or otherwise, could spread, with an influx of 2 or 3 million new participants in under a year and overwhelm CIG, causing otherwise unnecessary delays?

Hahahaha, I guess backers better hope Squadron 42 is a major flop otherwise the influx of new backers plaintiffs will cause the project to become even more delayed.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chin posted:

Despite them all being idiots it's still surprising that the cultists haven't noticed that it's been so long since CIG have shown anything of the A-list actors' characters.

It's also another indication that CIG never intended to show SQ42 at Citcon and the "oops we tried!" video was plan A. Any significant slice of SQ42 is going to include recognizable faces, and if they'd gotten their demo even remotely close to presentable as they claimed they did then they'd have had some bits of cinematics to show off.
Give this man a cigar! I've been saying this since the Con, the whole thing was bullshit. They had to reason to film it unless they knew they'd need an excuse.

e:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 12, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have the screenshot of that gh0u1 "The level of disrespect that I receive from you and a select few of the goons is easily grounds for catching a beating" PM? I should have kept a copy and now I can't remember who it was addressed to.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nice piece of fish posted:

If it's not too much trouble, I would love a short synopsis about this development and where it's at today. You see, I have a friend who buys into the hype around this game a lot and keeps sending me these "gameplay" videos, that I'm reading now actually aren't. I haven't followed the development of this game at all, since after DayZ and other vaporwares I don't buy games that aren't finished, but I'd really like to know how this is shaping up and if I should tell my friend to just knock it off.

Watch this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

The only thing that changed since last year is that you can now buy clothes in game and you can EVA naked with jets coming out of your nipples and rear end.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/106579662?t=6m40s

INN2 still pissed about not getting paid.

They need to join a Union, why not give the Technological Shills of the Verse a try?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying comitting Stalking on people trying to play the videogame. I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible because they love and care about you. Even moreso because it's nearly christmas, and parent's thoughts are with their families and the possibility of enjoying the festivities together

My parents are jews, I'm divided between calling them for Hanukkah and denouncing their insidious international jew schemes. What do you advise?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

Speaking of what has Ben done with that 10+k he raised for wing commander garbage months ago?

https://i.imgur.com/RkwACvF.mp4

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm PM'ing you the document I used to negotiate a successful chargeback, it might have some useful documentation.

They were refusing to refund a pretty penny, right? Good to know they eventually caved in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

That would be me he was addressing. Along with the bloody nose he was going to give me as he spit in my face. Ahhhh....Good times.

He refused ever having said it. :laffo: