Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Even though watching them back to back is something you only do on NyQuil during a severe flu, I did find that the director's cut of the Lord of the Rings trilogy felt a bit more complete. Director's cut of Alien was a fun thing to watch at 11:30 at night when they ran it in theaters back in 2003.

Been wanting to check out Once Upon a Time in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Those turrets were so cool! And I have the director's cut on VHS, which means I would need a VCR in order to see Newt's family visit the alien ship.

My ears still ache from her sonic scream.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Test screenings are what I miss most about living in Southern California - you could go to a movie theater in Orange County and still get to partake. Sometimes you feel as though you are giving some solid feedback, but I would not doubt that most folks are just there for the free movie. Best screenings were Club Dread and Gladiator (which was weird with incomplete CGI and a temp soundtrack with bits taken from Excalibur), but the worst had to be The Glass House. There was not a single suggestion I could make that could have saved that film beyond "throw it out and start over."

That was over ten years ago - who knows how they run those things now.

• Locked thread