Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Skoll posted:

The Assembly Cut of Alien 3 is practically a different movie from the theatrical. I think out of all the Director's Cuts, my personal favorite is probably Payback. The theatrical version was a passable Mel Gibson crime noir movie and the directors cut took that and just ratcheted up the revenge angle to 11.

Whata diff in Payback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
It's a better movie without the scenes of newts family, and the turrets are cool but superfluous and slow down the movie

I was just watching Prince of Thieves last night with the commentary and the director was mad that they added some cut scenes back in. He said that he'd already fought once to keep/lose a scene and doesnt like a studio jockey screwing with the cut for the dvd. Even if you wanted a scene in but had to cut it for pacing or whatever, its probably best left cut. Fight the battle once, win or lose, then move on.

That said, I personally like the 'milius' cut the best of the Conan versions, where it adds in the short dialogue between conan/subotai before the last fight, what Milius called 'the moby dick' speech, where it's one last chance to turn back but the character declines. Also it has the princess help Conan kill Doom.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 15, 2017

• Locked thread