Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommy_Udo
Apr 16, 2017

The Director's Cut of Blade Runner (1982) is the best one to watch, but the Final Cut is also acceptable. Other notable Director's Cuts include: Once Upon a Time in America (1984),To Live and Die in LA (1985), and Nixon (1995). I know there's like three versions of Manhunter(1986), though I've only seen the theatrical version. A super duper final version of Heat (1995) is coming out this May, but I don't know what will be the difference between the cuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy_Udo
Apr 16, 2017

sean10mm posted:

There is no reason to watch the Director's Cut instead of the Final Cut, though? The Final Cut is 99.9% "the Director's Cut with all the technically broken poo poo fixed" and the other 0.1% is ether unnoticeable or completely inoffensive.

Yea, The Final Cut just added some new music/scenes, but it's essentially the same film. The biggest difference is there is a scene with strippers in ski masks. I just always thought The Final Cut was unnecessary (though I'm thankful for the strippers in ski masks.)

Tommy_Udo
Apr 16, 2017

Speaking of different cuts, does anyone know if the Assembly Cut for Alien 3 been released on its own DVD, outside of the quadrilogy sets?

Tommy_Udo
Apr 16, 2017

ROFLburger posted:

Do any of the Alien 3 cuts make the movie good?

Allegedly the Assembly Cut does.

• Locked thread