Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

uncle blog posted:

The game seems to be having a small resurgence in our community as well. Seems there is some hype brewing with the impending release of Convergence. Team Covenant have been putting out tons of videos showing of some of the new cards in play. Many of us are excited about the game having its first ever rotation. In general, people seem to think that the second cycle being much better designed than the first one. So now we will get rid of the underpowered characters and broken event cards from the first sets, and have a game that's better than ever, mechanically speaking. Seems to be a great point to jump [back] in.

I haven't been playing or keeping up with Destiny, but I was talking to some players at the System Open last month. They were telling me the same thing. Specifically, that Spirit of Rebellion was so badly designed and full of way too powerful cards that warped the game (Force Speed lol). They said they knew of a few people who were waiting to get back into the competitive scene once SOR rotated out.

On the other hand, FFG doesn't have a great record of games staying healthy with rotations. That appears to be changing now that their biggest one, X-Wing, is using a rotation format (Hyperspace) for more of their premier events going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

And it's been declared dead by ffg

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

I like Destiny a ton but never get it to the table, it was pretty dead locally.

Maybe now I'll open up all my unsold product and make a cube or something, heh.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Considering yours was the only post in this thread for 10+ months, it doesn't seem like it will be missed.