Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

quote:

Hail and Well Met! Welcome to the ImaNewbie does Britannia, Collector's Edition.

Just by way of a little history, ImaNewbie was not my first foray into the world of online comics. It all started with the first multiplayer online game to gain a large following, i.e. Diablo, and a site I created called Tryon's Diablo Cartoon Page. I had been creating little weekly one frame cartoons about Diablo for a little over a year and then, one day I heard of this new Massively Multiplayer Online Game called Ultima Online that was sweeping the net. At first I was skeptical, I mean sheesh, PAYING a monthly fee to play a computer game? Surely this would never catch on. But then, as more and more of my old Diablo friends went over to UO and began sending glowing reports, I decided to take the plunge. The rest is history.

I never would have guessed when I sat down at the computer and created that first little two frame comic, that three years later I would still be chronicling the adventures of ImaNewbie. In that time ImaNewbie has become somewhat of a legendary character in Ultima Online, probably nearly as well known as Lord British himself. Over the last few years, thousands upon thousands of people (from over 95 countries that I have managed to identify), have stopped in at my web site to spend some time with Ima and his crew. This anthology is my way of saying thanks to all the loyal fans who have stayed with Ima through thick and thin, followed his adventures, emailed me with suggestions and compliments, spoken with me in-game, and generally given me the encouragement and drive to continue the series.

In addition to the 'toons, I have also included character bios of all the major characters who have appeared in the comics along with significant events in their lives. I have added notes and indexes on the major themes and controversies and where they appear in the various toons. I have also included the entire 18 Britannia Enquirer editions done to date. The Britannia Enquirer was an extra feature I launched when I discovered that there were some issues happening in-game that I thought would be better handled using the "tabloid" newspaper format rather than the standard 'toons. And lastly, I have included the Dictionary of UO/ICQ speak from my web site ... a quick guide to some of the strange and colorful language and abbreviations that have become a trademark of online communications, especially in online gaming.

So here without further ado, I humbly present the life and times of ImaNewbie…Enjoy!

later…Tryon

The disc probably cost me about $30 at the time, I remember I got a t-shirt with it, too. I highly doubt I have any pictures of that.

The disc was supposed to be gold-colored and signed, which was neither.

Anyway, to view it, download the following zip file, extract it into a folder, and then run index.html.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0GxXJ5YITa8YmJnOEdqcHR1eWc

Edit: Apparently the "update" zip survived, so you can copy and paste this and replace it to get the last two toons:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070909132314/http://www.imanewbie.com/sales/cdupdate1.shtml

(P.S. If anyone wants to host it, be my guest)

MageMage fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why did you buy this?

I was a stupid teenager who obsessed over Ultima Online way too much. Also, I liked the T-shirt. I was the best-dressed sophomore at my high school.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Was ImaNewbie a series? How did this get published? :iiam:

It was a CD that was offered towards the end of the Imanewbie.com website. When it was first announced, you could buy it in a bundle with a t-shirt:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

Everquest because it was 3d

UO tried to compete at the time, and failed miserably:

I think I have the UO:3D beta disk somewhere.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Angela Lansburial posted:

it was because of imanewbie that I was directed to click on a link to something called leet liek jeff!!1 and received my first taste of SA. if only I knew then that I was starting down a path that would transform me into a broken 30 year old sadbrains burden to society...

Holy poo poo I now know how I was introduced to SA.

• Locked thread