Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marverick
Jan 9, 2004
Retired Webcartoonist

Mortley posted:

I think I played on Chesapeake - did anybody else interact with the Blobs (not sure if they were on other shards)? They were all named "Blob", had no hair/beards, wore no armor or clothes, fought/PK'd in big groups, and used spears for paralyzing, so this was after that feature was added in. I also don't think they ever typed messages to other players themselves, but they were really well-coordinated, so I think they used whatever voice chat was available in that era. I think the idea was to drop into a new server as a group and be able to cause some notable disruption and attract some attention before they even had enough gold collectively to accomplish much else.

I briefly tried to copy what they did, but only, like, one friend would do it with me, so it didn't work.

I played UO for several years but I never managed to become a grandmaster in any skill ever. I never learned how to play a mage, either.

Close! they were all named "Bob", were bald and only wore a pink robe. We had a bunch on the Atlantic shard back in the day.

Oh those were the days. UO had the best thieving system that was not matched in any MMO since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread