Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug

Magwai posted:

Him: UOE?
Me: Nah, ADSL
Him: Where can I download that?

Speaking of UOE, someone has put up the source code to a bunch of UOExtreme/UOAssist-like tools, as well as a couple of clients, if you're into that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug

Coughing Hobo posted:

I remember once a Sage (green-robed OSI employees that would write and do quests) possessed Lord British to deliver a quest to a bunch of players, but accidentally removed Lord British's invulnerability flag, so one enterprising player lit him on fire and killed him, and all of the players lost their poo poo, claiming Lord Blackthorne had won. The Sage didn't know what to do so he jailed the killer and kicked everyone out of the castle, except he included all of the NPCs, and the castle was surrounded by a moat, so for like half a day there were a bunch of NPCs floating above the water haplessly attempting to commit to their walk cycles, but being unable to move because you can't move on water tiles and swimming doesn't exist in UO.

It's immortalized on Wikipedia too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_British#Assassination_of_Lord_British

PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug

Ojetor posted:

There's nowhere near the potential for the nepotism and fuckery that GMs and Seers in UO had.

Boy was there fuckery http://mu.ranter.net/ultima-online/gm-darwin-gets-naturally-selected

• Locked thread