Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Fats posted:

Did the counselors do the weird jail thing, or was that just the GMs? I got teleported there once and shown around, it was a strange place.

I never got into the counselor program, but it did get me to apply to be an Everquest guide, which I got and did for like a year. That was a fun way to see a game I was otherwise terrible at (also a weird amount of (fake) power for a 14/15 year old).

Counselors could teleport to jail (we frequently used a large jail cell as our staging ground to check tickets, bullshit between ourselves or with GMs in game, and log in/out at) and any of the major cities at will. We could teleport other people but only if they opened a counselor ticket and we were working it, in which case they got dragged along whenever we teleported. We weren't supposed to do so, we were supposed to have GMs handle any requests (I guess it had been abused at some point so OSI said GMs only, though that didn't stop GMs from punting the ticket back and telling us to just do it), but sometimes we'd forget to close the ticket before teleporting back to jail and we'd drag some guy along with us. The few times I did it the victim was pretty cool about it; one went nuts running all over the place taking screen shots and asking to see the other cells. After they had their fill of "OMG ITS JAIL IVE ONLY HEARD ABOUT THIS PLACE" they got a free teleport to a city of their choosing.

Source: I was a counselor back in the late 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread