Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
I liked the ending fight in Batman vs Superman but could you make it longer, and maybe turn up the volume a little as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oh my god I can't believe Superman really died for real forever and will never come back!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I was in a Hollywood focus group I would be the "cool guy" in the group, generally relaxed and chill about the whole thing, but dropping knowledge at a level you wouldn't expect based on the way I was dressed and how I was sitting in my chair.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Toad King posted:

This war film is too violent, it needs to be PG-13.

This romantic comedy isn't racy enough, it needs to be PG-13.

"R-rated films don't get enough viewers, let's make them PG-13 so they can bring their kids." (see: AvP :barf: )

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mister Macys posted:

"R-rated films don't get enough viewers, let's make them PG-13 so they can bring their kids." (see: AvP :barf: )

to be fair the R rated AVP is even worse

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

All Paul W.S. Anderson movies are loving garbage. He's America's Uwe Boll and I am constantly astounded that he is given work.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Where is Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth, or Chris Pratt

If there are no white men in this with handsome jawlines named Chris, I'm loving LEAVING

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You forgot Chris Tucker and Chris Rock! :whatup:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think this movie could use a sassy sidekick.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

How about Rob Schneider? He did so well in those Stallone movies!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

A talking dog? What'll they think of next?

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Yes we should reboot Fantastic Four, but this time let's make it even darker.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The ending of this scene is too boring. Have a character fall over into some butterscotch

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

rotinaj posted:

Where is Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth, or Chris Pratt

If there are no white men in this with handsome jawlines named Chris, I'm loving LEAVING

Seems like one of them would have the ideal physique to play this Ghandi fella we keep bandying about...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't get it

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
Hey wait you got a main male character and a female character sidekick but they don't kiss in the end? What the hell

Also why is the main guy chinese

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Egbert Souse posted:

I think this Gandhi movie could use more fight scenes.

Also I think Tom Cruise would be a good choice to play him.

Well I'm interested, but without an expanded universe it's a no-go.

Lets have a time-traveling Obama recruit Ghandi, Anne Frank (what's Jennifer Lawrence doing in 2018?), and one of those anti-Vietnam monks and we can have an anti-colonial Avengers megamovie in 2020.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
There weren't any monkeys, let alone 12!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

DoctorG0nzo posted:

Hey wait you got a main male character and a female character sidekick but they don't kiss in the end? What the hell

Also why is the main guy chinese

The commentary with Carpenter and Russell is so good.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

This new animated feature is really dynamite. Emotional, funny, beautifully animated. Most importantly I think kids of all genders and races can look up to this female protagonist. She's funny, complex, independent, smart... a real role model. Make her a princess and you've got a movie.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The bad guy was really scary and menacing but I wish I knew all the details of his childhood.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

This new Star Trek movie you're making is great. Just take out all the stuff that resembles Star Trek.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So as the Berlin Wall starts to fall down, it falls down in slow motion, and Liam Neeson walks toward the camera with his sunglasses on.

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014

Drink-Mix Man posted:

This new animated feature is really dynamite. Emotional, funny, beautifully animated. Most importantly I think kids of all genders and races can look up to this female protagonist. She's funny, complex, independent, smart... a real role model. Make her a princess and you've got a movie.

Hey I liked that part in the end of Shrek with the dance number can we push through one of those

Wait how long we got in production like a week

Plenty of time

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The thing I love about movies is when I have to watch half a dozen of them to fully enjoy them. You should make a movie about monsters under this premise.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Why are they all speaking goofy? The only person speaking right is this Max fella. Dub it so they're speaking American properly this time."

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

"How can we make this movie appeal to Chinese audiences?"

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The movie was good but I get confused by pictures that move and keeping track of "stories" so how about making a disembodied voice explain everything that I'm seeing? Oh and it would be great if that voice could be Morgan Freeman. Thanks.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i feel that my children would enjoy this movie more if there were, on average, 3 fart sounds per minute. that doesn't have to be 3 fart sounds every minute, but if we go a few minutes without a fart sound, there had better be at least 9, possibly 12 fart sounds in the minutes following that.

that number should double once we get to the climax

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The title of this movie is too obtuse, rename it something reeeeally generic like, I don't know, Arrival

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

What's Marvel doing? Do that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hedrigall posted:

The title of this movie is too obtuse, rename it something reeeeally generic like, I don't know, Arrival

What about Arrival: Genesis?

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

What about Arrival: Genesis?

The Arrival: Rising
Rise of the Arrival
Arise the Rising
RISE RISE

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wait, the monsters were intelligent the whole time? And the guy we thought was supposed to be the good guy was actually a monster to them? That twist is terrible, and it came out of loving nowhere! And then the guy who we thought was the good guy kills himself for basically no reason instead of escaping? That's way too depressing. Instead, we should have the monsters just be mindless monsters and the good guy sacrifices himself heroically to kill a bunch of them so someone else can escape.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
I did not like Green Lantern because there were too many jokes. I prefer superhero movies to be dark and gritty with plenty of dubstep. And explosions. And maybe a blue laser that shoots up into the sky so you know it's time for the dénouement.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Sanzuo posted:

The Arrival: Rising
Rise of the Arrival
Arise the Rising
RISE RISE

Arrysal.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Arrival: Departure

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Wait, the monsters were intelligent the whole time? And the guy we thought was supposed to be the good guy was actually a monster to them? That twist is terrible, and it came out of loving nowhere! And then the guy who we thought was the good guy kills himself for basically no reason instead of escaping? That's way too depressing. Instead, we should have the monsters just be mindless monsters and the good guy sacrifices himself heroically to kill a bunch of them so someone else can escape.

Won't lie, this one took me a minute.

My train of thought exactly:
Ender's Ga- nope. Riddick? Nah. Reign of Fire? I'm a little fuzzy, but probably no- ohhh, it's that Will Smith movie.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Hillary 2020 posted:

I did not like Green Lantern because there were too many jokes. I prefer superhero movies to be dark and gritty with plenty of dubstep. And explosions. And maybe a blue laser that shoots up into the sky so you know it's time for the dénouement.

Yea so that other superhero movie that had a bunch of jokes and came out a couple weeks ago made a bunch of money. So we need to do a bunch of pickup footage with extra jokes and come up with a new quirky trailer. We need an ironically upbeat song for our trailer. I'm thinking Queen or They Might Be Giants...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
This movie about knights doesn't have enough explosions. They had explosive stuff in the 14th century, right? Put that in.

• Locked thread