Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

LashLightning posted:

I was much more touched by the little bird's sheer bravery and gumption to follow Dropsy in his entourage, even after the revelation of the death of their mother.

Godspeed, that little bird. Godspeed.

I like how Birdy had a little moment before deciding to tag along with Drops and Co. after the result. A lot of emotion in that six pixel sprite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I tried that previously but I just can't seem to get the costume shop owner to let me in. I'll have to do that in the completionist videos.

You'll need to get in before you beat the game. :D His puzzle is one (along with hugging the chickenman sort-of against his will, twice) that I wasn't super satisfied with because it's easy to miss.

Light hint: You may want to look for him elsewhere in the world when his shop is closed.

Heavier hint: Graveyard at night.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did we ever get that shiny thing from the top of the playground?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

D-D-D-DROPS THE BEAT

Episode 8: Brotherhood

E. Fixed!

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 7, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, turned into a bit of a serial hugger this episode.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, between the costume store owner and the two brothers, the :3: was certainly strong this episode!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You missed a bit of story nuance there.
If you talk to the brothers a bit and try some stuff, you find out that both of them think that the other one is dead for some reason. That's also why they started crying when they saw each other.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Spookin' the bridge guard is before she lets you in. She knows who you are now.

Also if you're going to rub everything on everything else, consider having a process instead of repeating the same thing over and over like with the pages.

edit:
Also check your OP links.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 7, 2017

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

CommissarMega posted:

Man, between the costume store owner and the two brothers, the :3: was certainly strong this episode!

Well, to get to that point, we had to vandalize a house and scare the crap out of one of them... but I guess it's OK if it's in the service of a greater good. Adventure game protagonists!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Fish Noise posted:

Also if you're going to rub everything on everything else, consider having a process instead of repeating the same thing over and over like with the pages.

Yeah, like rubbing the pages on the woman who says they're missing.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

This is a game less about you using items and more giving them to other people.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Yeah, I will admit that I do retread some ground sometimes when I forget that I already tried it. My adventure game reflex has me rubbing everything on everything sometimes.

resurgam40 posted:

Well, to get to that point, we had to vandalize a house and scare the crap out of one of them... but I guess it's OK if it's in the service of a greater good. Adventure game protagonists!

I mean, we did also accidentally poison our dad with magic snack cakes. Drops has no mercy for anyone who stands before him in his brutal, merciless quest for hugs.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dropsy: Master Chef

Episode 9: Cutting Onions

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
It's garlic, and has appeared onscreen in not-insignificant quantities in more than one place. Who needs so much garlic, and why?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Its great that stuff like this can still come from SA. Amazing work by Mr Tholen.

The art puts me in the mind of early Monkey Island/other Lucas Arts adventures. Also I really hope that Feet tick box in the options menu is Squeaky Clown Shoes effects.

Also we totally need to find thing that pops up when you hug someone was a stand alone gif.

Edit: Oh god I just watched Ep 4. For some reason this game is tugging at my heart strings in a heavy way. Please be ok DropDad.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 10, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

It's garlic, and has appeared onscreen in not-insignificant quantities in more than one place. Who needs so much garlic, and why?

Ah, that makes more sense. I really need to read up on my pixelated vegetables

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I just realized we haven't gone back to hug the tree. We haven't gotten it to full smile yet.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Yessssss

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
That cart with the shutter looked awful sad when you walked past it :(

Must need a hug!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Also that poor missile in the mines. You put it to sleep without even giving it a good night hug.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Let's get weird in today's Dropsy!

Episode 10: Big Top

Reminder, no spoilers please!

:eyepop:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Makin' friends via Kuru!

"Holy poo poo, we're superman?!" was what I thought too when I played this. (Only a spoiler for those who haven't watched this episode yet!)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, seeing Dropsy cry, even if for a moment, was more heartbreaking than I thought! That CEO does not deserve a hug! :mad: Also, his eyes- is that dude an alien too? Is this some elaborate assassination plot?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Maybe Dropsy is the last survivor of a galactic war between two different planets. The CEO is just here to finish off the job?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Entirely possible, it would explain the weird tech that the company has and his Star Trek uniform clothing. Maybe Drops is basically ET

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Entirely possible, it would explain the weird tech that the company has and his Star Trek uniform clothing. Maybe Drops is basically ET

It'd be darkly hilarious if the CEO's race regarded hugs as the gravest of insults, I think.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

We beyond the black bar zone yet? Ah well just in case...

I do love how this gives an entirely left field reason to as to why dropsy understands communication as he does.

And to keep with the homage his superhero ability is clearly an innate/telepathic sense of what is making someone unhappy. I like to think all these people are either silent or not so blatently spilling out exactly what is making them sad but Dropsy knows and Dropsy knows exactly what the cure is. (It's hugs)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fwoderwick posted:

We beyond the black bar zone yet? Ah well just in case...

I do love how this gives an entirely left field reason to as to why dropsy understands communication as he does.

And to keep with the homage his superhero ability is clearly an innate/telepathic sense of what is making someone unhappy. I like to think all these people are either silent or not so blatently spilling out exactly what is making them sad but Dropsy knows and Dropsy knows exactly what the cure is. (It's hugs)

That does put a weird twist on the gifts. "Man, I wish I had a tomato... Oh, hey, here comes a mutant clown monster with a tomato. That isn't weird at all"

It's the worst X-Man power. "I have laser beams, what do you have?"

"Empathy"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Well there's the other shoe I was expecting to drop :stare:

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

The "Point of no return" is before the demonstration with all three animal friends. I too had a problem dropping (my only) save during the walk to the performance scene. It is slightly annoying because you are without the Car too - and that was the one hug I am missing from my game.

I am going to replay it getting everything when the DLC comes out.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Whoa. That's certainly an update. This game is pretty good and it seems like we're hitting some sort of final stretch, drat.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I assume that I will finish the game with the next episode, so I am going to record that and start on the Hug Quest over the weekend. Until then, feel free to speculate how we are going to stop CEO guy. Maybe some rancid snack cakes from the dump?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snack cakes have a proven record against all types of villains.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tomorrow will be the final episode of the blind run! :toot:

While I am planning on doing the guided tour, I am running a poll if we want to do that now or do it as a continuous series when the follow-up, The Yeti's Curse, in a month or so when it comes out. If you would like to express an opinion, please check the following link. https://twitter.com/dreamshipwreck/status/820740064464486401

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 16, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Let's finish this up!

Episode 11: Curtains

Since the poll was a dead tie, I've decided to split the difference and do the hug video series after a couple weeks to tide the thread over until Yeti's Curse comes out, which Jay says will be "hopefully" coming out in February but possibly march. Keep an eye on my Twitter or this thread for updates.

I may start a new things soon but I am going to take some time to think about exactly what. Until then I will probably be doing some streaming of the new RE7, like everyone else.

Thanks for watching, and I look forward to your thoughts on the game! Now that the game is finished give people a couple hours to watch, then feel free to talk without spoiler bars.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
You were so close to that final piece, too. You began and ended video #9 just shy of discovering it, you were just missing a very specific item to allow you to progress. Next time, you should investigate your boss a little more closely. Particularly after hours. Don't just raid his lab.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder what the boss guy's deal was.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
The game kinda mentions it, but it's found the answer sorta lies near a hidden tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for the ride. Make sure to bump the thread until the DLC hits. We don't want to fall into the cold maw of the archive.

• Locked thread