Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Mighty Mouse 26 83.87%
Meth Man 5 16.13%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tim Elliott is subtly cheating as much as he can and it kind of owns. Illegal knees, shots to the back of the head, anything he can to stop the machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Andy Dufresne posted:

Don't discount the 2 Dick kick possibility

Johnson loses ten points in quick succession after repeatedly kneeing Elliott in the balls and the back of the head.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I remember Elliot almost snagging Benavidez with a guillotine in a crazy first round too. He's like a few adjustments away from being the new Dennis Hallman.

edit: Aha I typed this while DJ was taken down, and I go back and he's on top. This fight's good.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

If nothing else this fight is fun

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Tim Elliott is subtly cheating as much as he can and it kind of owns. Illegal knees, shots to the back of the head, anything he can to stop the machine.

MM should just superkick him in the head a lot

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Queering Wheel posted:

Tim needs to land a bomb. Props to him for putting up a good fight but it's been all DJ since the 1st

39-37 so far.
Elliot has been putting up more of a fight than anybody expected but he's spent rounds 2-5 on the bottom fighting to survive sub attempts

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Forceholy posted:

Was that Capoiera?

house dancing

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Was Tim going for a really weird brabo choke there or something?

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Tonight we learned the key to beating MM on the feet is to be a spazzy little snot.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
and the crowd boos

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The thing that sucks about this fight is it does nothing to help demetrius win casual fans. As he's mostly just wrestle hosed Elliott.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

The thing that sucks about this fight is it does nothing to help demetrius win casual fans. As he's mostly just wrestle hosed Elliott.

DJ doesn't give a poo poo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
THAT FIGHT RULED

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Le Saboteur posted:

Causal fans weren't watching the Ultimate Fighter Flyweights finale anyway.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Spazzy little snot is the best base for MMA

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Ahh hell he almost had the matt hughes reversal! That would have owned so hard.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is a clear and obvious 49-46. There's no way DJ loses a decision

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran
This is some magic anti-grappling that Elliot is using. Lost arts from the gods that we interpret as gibberish, but speaks to the enlightened.

This is some coked out hillbilly running from the cops and just bumblefucking his way to never getting subdued that someone will set to Yakkety Sax because people aren't funny anymore.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Tim Elliott came back into the ufc after being cut off a 2-4 run and put up a better fight than either coach on TUF

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rigel posted:

Camera pans over to the judge's desk, where Tim Elliott's infant children and Sal D'Amato are shuffling their scorecards.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rigel posted:

I disagree

49-45

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

DJ doesn't give a poo poo.

Yeah

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Causal fans weren't watching the Ultimate Fighter Flyweights finale anyway.

Yeah

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

kender posted:

This is some magic anti-grappling that Elliot is using. Lost arts from the gods that we interpret as gibberish, but speaks to the enlightened.

This is some coked out hillbilly running from the cops and just bumblefucking his way to never getting subdued that someone will set to Yakkety Sax because people aren't funny anymore.

not really

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

FOTN easily.

49-46 DMMMMMJ

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Well, that was insane. If tuf doesn't follow that format from here on out then it deserves to die.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I'm excited to watch Tim Elliott fight again I guess so please don't fire him

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tim Elliott's defense was really impressive, especially in the 4th with the RNC and kimura/armbar sequence.

Mighty Mouse might be the most impressive fighter I've ever seen because of his ability to adjust, identify his best path to victory, and execute to perfection.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Tim Elliott came back into the ufc after being cut off a 2-4 run and put up a better fight than either coach on TUF

fatherdog posted:

Tim Elliott is cool

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Mighty Mouse is such a class act.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
My favorite Tim Elliot moment is when Bagautinov hit him so hard he spun 180 degrees and immediately did the Cruz shuffle while facing the exact wrong way

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

MM is leaving a champ, but Tim Elliot is leaving a crowd favorite.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Tim Elliott's dad is that one fuckin Guy from Mad Men

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
that was a fun fuckin show

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
That fight was so drat good. Mighty mouse is the greatest

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

DJ is the one fighter who is so good he's immune to the powers of the Hilarious MMA Upsets that kill every other champion.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Well, that was insane. If tuf doesn't follow that format from here on out then it deserves to die.

TUF 26: We've got 16 fighters who are all heavyweight champs of their respective regional promotions, fighting for a chance at the title held by whoever has it by the time this is done filming, which could be literally anyone in the heavyweight top 5

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mighty Mouse is insanely good at getting to side control from all kinds of different positions.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Tonight we learned the key to beating MM on the feet is to be a spazzy little snot.

There was an episode of Smart Guy where the kid beat a computer at chess by doing weird, outright dumb moves that just confused the computer's logic. That's how things felt on the feet tonight. DJ is so good that abandoning any sense of technique will briefly fluster him because he's used to fighting humans, not gibbons.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
DEar UFC, please give Tim Elliot lots and lots of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

fatherdog posted:

TUF 26: We've got 16 fighters who are all heavyweight champs of their respective regional promotions, fighting for a chance at the title held by whoever has it by the time this is done filming, which could be literally anyone in the heavyweight top 5

Lol having seen the low end UFC HWs I can't even imagine what this would look like

• Locked thread