Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Mighty Mouse 26 83.87%
Meth Man 5 16.13%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Memento posted:

Turns out in order to get a proper laugh out of me you need to refer to an Olympic gold medalist's wrestling as "clearly very good". Excellent work with the OP as always Bluedeanie.

McMann won a silver medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I completely forgot there are two Dong Hyun Kims

I got excited when I read through the card then quickly realized it wasn't Stun Gun.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

This Dong Hyun Kim always has wild fights because he has no sense of striking defence but loves to brawl.

That describes Stun Gun too though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Font through different strikes to capitalize on the same opening that Schnell was giving him. Real cool.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I got Hall up by two. He is kicking the poo poo out of Maynard and Maynard is deathly afraid of going to the ground.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

I can't hate hall for winning like this but it is bitch made

gently caress that, get in his guard.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Hall had both of Maynard's legs and was on top for a change and completely wasted it by trying to get the ref to call an upkick, terrible decision

Yeah that was a huge wasted opportunity.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I immensely enjoyed that fight.

Me too

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lid posted:

Ryan Hall is bad and you should feel bad, Nick Serra

Ryan Hall was looking for offense the entire fight. Maynard was the one who wasn't engaging.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

I tried to fight him but he defended it effectively by literally falling down

Maynard could have engaged at any time but he chose to do literally nothing most of the fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

lol

I'm trying to remember if Hall got into some kind of internet drama involving steroids, or if I'm just confusing it with the time Jeff Glover openly posted that he got tired of having too few opponents in his weight class so he roided himself up 15 pounds

I don't know anything about this but it sounds like something Glover would do.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Those were some cool takedowns.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Moreno is really good for a 22 year old.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Is McMann still training with people noone has ever heard of?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I didn't know who he was until I saw him with whatever that purple thing is with the tetragrammaton on it. Praise JHVH

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Ellenberger crumbles under pressure and Masvidal lacks any type of urgency. Should be good.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Ellenberger crumbles under pressure and Masvidal lacks any type of urgency. Should be good.

Nevermind Masvidal is fighting like a madman.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/mma_gifs_/status/805278531034947584

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's nice to see a point deduction for once. It doesn't matter if it was accidental if it affects the fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I wish this was five rounds.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

cejudo is kicking the poo poo out of him

Not any more than Benavidez is punching the poo poo out of Cejudo.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hell yeah

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

i saw 1 punch in round 2 that looked like it remotely bothered cejudo

It doesn't matter if they land, which they did frequently with lots of force.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This is wild

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Chexoid posted:

This really is a GSP fight. Lots of side mount, lots of back control punching a dude over his shoulder.

Nah it's a Mighty Mouse fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

DJ doesn't give a poo poo.

Yeah

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Causal fans weren't watching the Ultimate Fighter Flyweights finale anyway.

Yeah

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mighty Mouse is insanely good at getting to side control from all kinds of different positions.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Elliott's face was swollen as gently caress from those short shots in the crucifix.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

Elliot saying in the post-fight he's gonna go up to 135, the weight cut is too brutal for him.

I said it in the TUF thread but it is amazing he did it 4 times on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

That card loving ruled. I didn't skip anything from that LHW fight onward. the Ellenberger stoppage was loving garbage because that fight was going to be great and it hurts both guys because of how stupid and abortive it was, but I can't remember the last thing I saw that was as bad as Cejudo getting robbed by yves lavigne, and then the horrendous judges. He won that fight and with the inexplicable point deduction it was an undeniable majority draw. He learned how to actually fight for this one and this is what he got for his trouble haha

Glad someone else saw that hilariously aggressive schoolmarmish shushing as Bryant threw to them on the post-fight show,I hope there's a gif

Maybe if Cejudo didn't want to get a point deduction he shouldn't have cheated. The ref warned him and he kicked Benavidez in the junk again. The only one to blame in that situation is Cejudo. He then spent the rest of the fight with his fingers extended in Joey B's face. gently caress Cejudo

• Locked thread