Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Mighty Mouse 26 83.87%
Meth Man 5 16.13%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I'm rooting for Hall, but Maynard at even odds sounds like good value. He's a really rough style match up for Hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Buttflopping every time he gets hit seems to actually be effective in shutting down any followup, but I can't imagine it actually winning him the fight.

Edit: I think Ryan might've outlanded Maynard in that round, but he has no power.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Maynard seems terrified of a dude who wouldn't knock him out if he stood stock still.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
If Hall had any power this fight would've been over 10 minutes ago.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Hall had both of Maynard's legs and was on top for a change and completely wasted it by trying to get the ref to call an upkick, terrible decision

I've seen him lose a grappling match because he got an advantage scored on him when he was arguing with the ref about him scoring on a sweep.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Are there any Featherweights who would actually be willing to go to the ground with him right now? Is Rani Yahya still fighting?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I wonder if Ryan Hall is the first UFC fighter with Tourette's?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yep, Yahya fought in September but he's at bantamweight now

Well he could move up, Hall isn't that big. But I remembered Charles Oliviera's on a losing streak right now so maybe that would work.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Ryan Hall is going to get absolutely murdered by the top 15, because his entire skillset on the inside is to fall over.

That was the part of his game that was working though. He's going to lose to someone who can outstrike him from kicking range or to someone who can actually engage him on the ground successfully. Part of why I'd like to see the Oliviera fight is I think he could do both.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Grandmaster.flv posted:

yeah but even as a submission whiz oliviera has gotten subbed a few times

I know, it makes the fight even more interesting to me.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Lid posted:

Ryan Hall is literally a less talented Shinya Aoki and people are blaming Gray.

He's more like if Paul Harris didn't do steroids and wasn't a retard.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
That fight was like exactly what I want MMA to look like.

Edit: except the dick kicks.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Glad he won, but how do you give three rounds to Joe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
DEar UFC, please give Tim Elliot lots and lots of money.

• Locked thread