Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well, I for one am shocked at the Young Bucks signing a new RoH/NJPW contract. SHOCKED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Congratulations to Kyle O'Reilly on signing his exclusive contract with ECCW!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow hard to believe RoH could survive without Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino, possibly the worst commentary team on the planet earth

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

As revealed on MLW Radio last night ROH is no longer using Kevin Sullivan. Personally I thought his stuff was the worst part of the recent product. BUT he was greatly liked and helpful towards the locker room. Sullivan was a political actor back in the day but now he's a 67 year old man who was just happy to get out of the house these days. But a paranoid Delirious and Koff felt he was too much of a threat so they axed him.

Meltzer will likely report it as they let him go as Corino left mid storyline. Much like the Truth Martini departure.

Hmm, 67 year old man who is poo poo at his job and has no storyline being let go, there must be a conspiracy here

Delirious does a lovely enough job without having to turn everything into some crazy story

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Draymond Green and Kyrie Irving just came out as flat earthers, AJ is leading a movement

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's going to be fun seeing Kyle O'Reilly in NXT for the next 3 years

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I have no interest in seeing Bubba Ray Dudley in RoH, or the Hardy's either really, but it's pretty funny that they signed TNA's biggest act and the guy TNA wanted to give the title to

And Rovert hosed up his scoop. Pretty good night

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I can understand that RoH really can't do much to keep the top guys from leaving, they're naturally going to want to go to WWE. But I seem to remember that when Danielson, Black, Steen, and everyone else left for WWE or TNA, they didn't replace them with steaming garbage piles. I'd like to go back to that strategy.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Now that Timothy Thatcher isn't champ and they're getting all of the good wrestlers from RoH, maybe Evolve can actually become interesting to more than 30 people. #believeingabe

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure WWE had big plans in store for 40 year old Bobby Fish

Although it only says worse things about RoH that he's leaving to work for NWA: Mid South or whatever

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Muddy Burphy posted:

You're saying this like it's not a lovely way to mess with peoples' livelihoods

Well, they could have not signed exclusive contracts to begin with. And WWE could have not began contract negotiations with people under exclusive contracts.

The reason these guys can't go straight to WWE isn't because RoH suddenly became a legal powerhouse, it's because WWE broke the law thinking they were the Big Dog Roman Reigns but bam the courts would actually be the WWE Universe reacting to the Big Dog in this case

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Spermgod posted:

it's a completely idiotic move for ROH to make in the long run anyway, why would someone like an Ospreay who we knew was WWE-bound even at the point he signed his ROH contract ever sign with them now

Yeah, it wouldn't be stupid at all for a company to not bother enforcing their contracts, especially in an industry with tons of shady competition.

You're basically saying RoH should just stop offering exclusive contracts and sign everyone to PPA contracts. If you feel that's how it should be, then fine, but in that case WWE and TNA are far worse offenders than RoH.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Did Roque not post "Wow, WWE wants to buy RoH? Just proves what a successful and hot promotion they are!" or did I miss it somehow? That has to be the take.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Taler Hendrix randomly showing up and being 1000x hotter than I remembered almost made up for AJ Styles being hurt and not wrestling at the last RoH show I went to

Well, no, it didn't. But it was cool. Big loss for RoH

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow, I was going to pop so loving huge for the surprise reveal of the Spirit Squad, and now it has been ruined for me. gently caress you

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I thought it meant they were giving Bill Watts the book and going back to NWA rules

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow, Kushida and Naito? What a couple of losers. RIP RoH

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Bringing in name people to job for your stars is a good idea (quote this when Anderson wins the title lol)

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
There are a trillion promotions that do 'good workrate' matches now, and Evolve has fewer "mainstream stars" and simple inertia than RoH has

well, probably not for much longer at the rate RoH is falling apart, but I mean RoH has the history and NJPW connection, NXT has the stars, PWG has the "coolness" factor, there are a bunch of other indy promotions that get Young Bucks/Lucha Bros/Omega who are bigger draws than anyone you'd think of as having Evolve as a home promotion

basically while I like making fun of Evolve's complete lack of interest, I don't think there's much of anything they could do to fix it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Finally, Donald Trump can finish off Vince. Just watch for Lashley's debut in RoH.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/...t.co/2TjcqBI1Ch Sinclair confident enough to make a 3 billion dollar media purchase, not confident enough to give ROH a dime

I imagine not giving a dime to programming that gets decent ratings without them caring at all about it is part of the reaso nthey have billions of dollars to spend

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

As posted elsewhere. Seriously ROH did a murder angle and no one is talking about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHBSkkVan4

If WWE did a murder angle and it only aired on Main Event no one would give a poo poo about that either

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

abraham linksys posted:

The only reason I ever gave a poo poo about ROH, New Japan, is all set to break away entirely other than a share of talent

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/863201857367408640

And not a moment too loving soon

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/863242805174554629

gently caress ROH. Far more indefensible to watch than even WWE at this point.

#1 they debuted the belt on a RoH show and if New Japan attempts to regularly tour in America they'll probably fail miserably

#2 being a right wing leaning corporation is worse than being a right wing leaning corporation that literally has a family member serving in Trump's administration and has heavily worked with him for decades

ok!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Did RoH actually have its best ever buy rate? That sounds questionable as hell to me

But I'm sure they could "draw" 10k just like NJPW and WWE can draw 150k to any show they want

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Super No Vacancy posted:

– Ring of Honor is set to air in India on a new network. Discovery Communications has announced that they have agreed to a deal with the promotion to broadcast ROH TV on their new Indian channel DSPORT, which launched earlier this year. This will bring ROH to over 70 million homes across the nation, a level comparable to Impact Wrestling’s potential US market on POP TV of 75 million homes. By comparison, the USA Network (Raw and Smackdown) is available in 96 million homes in the US.

The deal is the latest high-profile deal for a wrestling company in India, a country that is becoming increasingly popular for the industry. Impact Wrestling will be taping on a tour in the country soon and Jinder Mahal’s push in WWE is part of that company’s promotional push in India, resulting in his “Punjabi Championship Celebration” easily outperforming the rest of the company’s YouTube content.

Nice, looking forward to RoH World Champ the Punjabi Peacock

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure EVOLVE's massive drawing power will be a big problem

However, putting the belt on Cody Rhodes will kill RoH

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MassRafTer posted:

I've been dragging my feet on getting tickets because the card I expected (and am getting) isn't inspiring and ringside is already sold out with most of the first balcony sold out. Cody ain't killing ROH.

Oh I know he's a draw, I'm talking about a metaphorical killing.

It's actually kind of funny that RoH is drawing really well when they're putting on their shittiest product in a long time. I know this is true because Rovert stopped posting about how Dave was lying about attendance figures for the company every few days.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

exploded mummy posted:

O'Reilly didn't even get a title reign

I have some surprising news for you, friend

Unless this was a commentary on how short and meaningless his run was, in which case, well played

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Rebellion should win and then a reformed NO REMORSE CORPS does a run in and starts our next FACTION WARFARE feud

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

So did they book the real Mistico and just not give a poo poo that his name changed because everyone knows him as Mistico or did they book the new Mistico and they're just going to pretend he's the real Mistico?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think RoH is bad right now for the most part but what are they going to do? Assassinate the McMahons so that WWE stops signing all of their best wrestlers?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

The Berzerker posted:

wow who marks out for a bodyslam

It was actually a choke slam, leave it to the fake news lamestream media to get the basic facts wrong

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure anonymous reddit poster who thinks all corporations are conservative knows the inside details of RoH operations

Maybe WWE will get back into buying them though, they're already hiring all of their interesting talent, so why not go all the way?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope everyone from RoH coming in to job for the same guy becomes a running weekly joke. It should be Adam Cole's debut too

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

exploded mummy posted:

its the former Tommy End

More like THE END for Ring of Honor

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
SANADA is way better than Cody and should win

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

NJPW probably yelled at them for confirming he'd have the title months from now

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RoH and Dave are in cahoots working the fact that Kenny Omega hates RoH and will never work there with made up "visa issues". Also, Kenny and the Young Bucks themselves are in on this work and lie about it regularly. But Rovert knows the scoops.

Omega won't be at this show, and if he is, he'll be working an uncaring 0* Yano style comedy match. Mark it down.

At least I assume that's the seed he planted, it just blossomed in my brain, I don't even know what I typed, save me jesus

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

RacistGuidingLight posted:

only smoking gun in this thread.

June 10th + 60 days is pretty much when Adam Cole was officially announced as going to NXT. Looks like he's been confirmed as a prophet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm getting hyped up to see the first annual Soaring Eagle Cup, the new most prestigious trophy in professional wrestling, live

• Locked thread