Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

last year i only found out a roh ppv and tv taping were in town the day of because a guy in a dalton castle shirt came up to my window at work. then i found out they hit up vegas like 3 times a year but if im not actively searching out when they're here i never know when their shows are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

To say they aren't doing well right now is pretty ridiculous even if they aren't super hot, and while yeah the Bullet Club stuff is helping a lot, why should ROH be faulted for it? They had the Young Bucks before NJPW did, Adam Page and Cody are based out of ROH while getting NJPW spots, Flip Gordon is a Ring Of Honor grown guy.

To say that ROH's drawing doesn't count because they're using Bullet Club just sounds silly to me. If you have access to something that can draw, why wouldn't you take advantage of it? ROH has always done that, from using guys out of NOAH and Dragon Gate to using former stars of theirs that got bigger with TNA exposure on spot shows. If it draws, it draws. ROH is running a PPV out of the Orleans Arena, which is situated for anywhere between 3,000 and 8,000 for wrestling, and they're probably going to draw into that figure for it. They're presenting a nationally touring alternative to WWE that has more exposure thanks to the NJPW connection, and I don't think that it's a negative. If anything, it's showing that working with other companies and organizations is only a benefit for business as opposed to staying isolationist and pretending other promotions don't exist.

• Locked thread