Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

How screwed over right now would ROH be if New Japan pulled the Bullet Club from them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

ROH is gonna have 8,000 people in the crowd at SCOH or some poo poo and literally no one is going to talk about the company.

It's super funny that the program that will draw ROH's biggest crowd is a New Japan program

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

the cody/kenny feud, implosion of the elite and meta-build to All In are the three best stories in wrestling this year, actually

All of that has been more in New Japan and on Being the Elite than in ROH though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just have Naito win it and toss it in the ocean with IWGP IC belt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Yes, lets ignore all the non njpw shows, because i honestly am unaware of them even happening from the lack of online buzz around them. I only knew there was a ROH show this weekend because ROH had a big indy name debut. My point isn't that they aren't selling out or whatever, my point is how dead the product is with people in online communities and how this thread is mostly dead unless there's big news like the MSG show. No one talks about upcoming matches in here or title matches. I don't see ROH matches being nominated in the MOTYC thread unlike years pass. You keep banging a drum about their business when I'm not talking about their business, I'm talking about their buzz and the word of mouth about them online being practically nonexistent.

See I thought the same lack of buzz and the product itself being cold would cause the WWE troubles and welp they're going to be getting an insane amount of TV money over the next few years. Not to mention having the big Mania events do crazy business.

While I'm not sure it can continue long term it very much looks like the actual quality of the product doesn't matter in the US in terms of being able to make money over the next few years.

• Locked thread