Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only woh match I've seen anytime recently was at the event I went to in June and everyone spent the entire match ignoring the women and making GBS threads on Whitmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rowe's episode of AoW makes me think he'd take an NXT deal if offered, regardless of money.

He made a huge point about how he's all about taking every chance he gets now. Plus Crazy Mary is there now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If WWE tampered, then ROH is in the right. If WWE didn't and ROH is being petty with the threats, then ROH is dumb as gently caress.

Regardless of the tampering thing in relation to WWE, ROH seems to find countless other ways to hamstring itself and it seems like the NJPW connection is pretty much the only thing making ROH a desirable destination for talent.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

John Skylar is good. Chris LeRusso has worked a bunch of shows for them before and he's a pretty capable worker from what I've seen but lacks charisma. Woods was in NXT for a while. I know nothing about the other people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Just tell us why Kevin Kelly is leaving

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

NotQuiteQuentin offered a very intelligent answer.

But the human side is that Joe Koff ROH's CEO considers Delirious like a son. There's been outright coups to overthrow Delirious but Koff want listen to criticisms/grievances.

At the Dragon's Reign event, my dad and I were at the end of a row on the side of the curtain and halfway during Elgin-ACH, Koff walks out, puts his hand on my dad's shoulder and just watches the rest of the match like that. It was loving weird.

This was the same show where the 500 pound guy behind me bent the steel chair in half.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I haven't been watching the TV show regularly for a while now but I'm going to the Columbus show on Sunday night. Looks like it should be a good show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

If I'm a guy who stopped watching ROH (and non WWE wrestling) regularly when Steen and Generico left, but I did watch Final Battle and am going to see ROH in a couple months, who is still around that I would know and who is good? I don't like Cole very much. Where'd that Michael Elgin guy go, I liked him

The Briscoes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Putting the pants part of that on has to be a loving nightmare.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Went to the ROH show tonight and had a good time.

Bucks and War Machine had a fantastic match. Rush-Scurll was really good and Rush won, earning a TV title match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Taven is the same. Marseglia has a somewhat funny douchey sidekick thing going on. TK O'Ryan actually seems like a decent enough worker but is bland as all hell.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only thing I can think of that would make sense is Ricochet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Would laugh my rear end off if it's Bully Ray.

Oh jesus this is totally it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dijak is really good actually

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Chris Daniels couldn't be any worse than Jay Lethal's championship reign.

It could probably be worse than awesome

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone should have contracts where ROH has first right to dates but other than ROH dates, they can work anything but WWN Live.

Also, let them go to WWE if WWE wants to sign them.

They're never going to compete directly with WWE so stop trying. Be accommodating to talent who want to better themselves and only bar them from working for your closest competition.

They have set up a situation where there's really no reason to sign with them unless you have literally no other option. They should understand their place and make the most of what they can.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ROH is trending the way of the dodo as it is with delirious on board

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm going to assume Delirious threw someone else under the bus when whatever Elgin's problem was was actually his fault and this will come back around sooner than later.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

so uhhh, tag titles?

Are the Bucks going somewhere?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Almost certainly part of the women's tournament

I would hope not

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roque11 posted:

ROh turning the corner at their TV tapings Saturday with all their debuts, returns and challengers being lined up for Christopher Daniels. Oh, and Adam Cole was featured on a show that will air after May 1st.

I'm a big ROH supporter but nothing about those spoilers screams "we're in a good place" to me

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I don't really understand what Cody adds to a company like ROH. He's not really good and he doesn't really have any buzz around him. And he's probably more expensive than other dudes at that level.

This is obviously just my observation, but at the last few shows I've been to, outside of the first 2-3 rows, a lot of the crowd has been more casual fans/kids who have found the show on Sinclair.

For that audience, id imagine Cody is somewhat significant just from his name

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I must be underestimating Cody... I thought he was just another midcard WWE guy

I mean, he is. But even that can help someone in ROH's position in terms of luring someone who might watch the show to actually attend one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Went to the Dearborn show. It was pretty much what I expected. Nothing mindblowing but a really good fun night of wrestling.

-Kelly Klein beat someone in a dark match that I didn't see because I was buying DVDs, but bell-to-bell it was less than two minutes.

-Dalton Castle-Bobby Fish was really good and really fun. Both guys are just awesome. Dalton won with a bang-a-rang.

-MCMG and Jay White got a huge reaction, as expected, and had a gun match with the Rebellion. The hometown guys won. Jay White is so loving smooth in person.

-Silas vs. KUSHIDA was surprisingly good. I expected a short average match but they went a while and did some pretty good stuff. Silas won clean which kind of killed the crowd.

-War Machine/Lethal-Tanahashi was awesome. Everyone worked really hard. Lethal at the pin and that seemed to shock people, which I don't really understand.

-Bully & Briscoes retained against EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI. Match was No DQ and was fun. BUSHI ate the pin after a pretty brutal superbomb through a table. Bully was over huge.

-Naito beat Punishment. Naito loving ruled. The match was okay. Punishment tried too hard to make people think he could hang and he just can't. There weren't any huge botches or anything but trying to go spot for spot with Naito is kind of dumb. Instead of playing the power advantage he was doing springboard poo poo that just looked super underwhelming, especially on a card where we've already seen White, MCMG, KUSHIDA, SANADA and BUSHI.

- Cheeseburger won a 7-way for an instant TV title shot and got subbed by Scurll. This was pretty nothing. Vinny Marseglia inserted himself into the match at the beginning. He's a subpar worker but he's really good at being a douche.

- Daniels retained against Taven. Match was pretty good for a while but went too long. It was good for what it was but nobody cares about Matt Taven.

- Main event was really good. Ospreay pinned Nick Jackson. They went pretty long but it didn't feel long because it was an 8-man and everyone worked super hard. Ospreay is loving amazing in person.

You couldn't have crammed more people in there last night. It was super crowded and definitely seemed like more people than last year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

As posted elsewhere. Seriously ROH did a murder angle and no one is talking about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHBSkkVan4

well it's dumb and bad and not worth talking about. Also, nobody cares about Women of Honor.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

what's NEW's best house? the one that always booked the hardys and mike bennett and cody and had random-rear end liger dates

Their baseball stadium shows do really well but I have no idea what the figure is

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha he cucked someone

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

J-Ru Can we make Cole booking dates after June 10th the Roque-Rovert Lucha de Apuestas bet that never got resolved?

I support this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We need a scoops escrow where Rovert has a designated person he gives the scoop to when he can't go public with it and that person can later serve to confirm or deny that he was accurate.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bobby can work and talk really well. They'd be dumb not to. Who cares how old he is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol CMLL sends poo poo to ROH anyway. Tell them to gently caress off

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

is women of honor just a scheme to juice the numbers on their youtube channel because if so they'd have better luck with intergender

it's a scheme to keep getting Delirious laid

e: always refresh your page!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

what the gently caress does that even mean?

"we don't care but Mandy fucks Delirious so here's some youtube matches until she finds a better dude"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chicago card is going to be live for $20 on ROH's site. Pittsburgh and Columbus cards are going to be streaming free to Ringside members.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Man, streamer guy got really fat

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

inconsequential posted:

I was at the ROH show in Columbus last night. I don't watch ROH, it's just something me and my buddies do when they come through town, it's always fun. I didn't realize a bunch of people from NJPW would be there, so was amazed to get to see people I only read about online. Ospreay, Suzuki, Takahashi, Omega. It was really cool, and there was only one or two matches I was indifferent to. Lethal/Takahashi was amazing, I thought Cody was great, and saw an outside the ring Meltzer Driver and Omega cut a pretty good promo appreciative of the fans who supported smaller promotions.

Funny story, the last time we were here they did the interactive show where they would bring out a wrestler and let a few audience members ask questions. It was dumb as hell, but Daniels was out and this girl in full on Kingdom gear just poo poo all over Chris Daniels on the mic and he proceeded to own her. Then during the Kingdom/Addiction match she was getting super mad every time the Kingdom got their asses kicked. She was there this time too(Kingdom wasn't), wearing Kingdom pants. She was marking out constantly and I was jealous of how crazy she went for it. I didn't know they even made pants merch, but there you go.

They don’t. She’s crazy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rick and Morty is funny but I also don’t base my life and existence around it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Wait doesn't the ROH site currently have VOD of all their archived shows?

Currently there’s select shows up to 2013. Less than 25% of the archive.

In 2013, they started posting everything VOD a la carte and then after a year, it goes into the archive for Ringside members.

So if you’re a Ringside member you get a very select amount from the beginning through 2012, then every show from 2013-fall 2016.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

If they can get it together to have either Wrestle Kingdom or New Year's Dash or both, they've got my money.

I’d imagine it will be like the NJPW World arrangement where you get whatever matches have the ROH guys in them but that’s it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Dalton Castle blows.

:getout:

• Locked thread