Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great OP. Steve Corino is The Professor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Caught up to Final Battle as I fell asleep after trios match during the live airing due to a completely hosed sleep schedule.

Pleased but mildly surprised Kyle won, since isn't his contract situation less settled?

Also, I thought the Hardys were still under TNA deals for now?

feel like winning the belt is a good sign his contract situation is settled

without knowing the full details of the hardys contracts it's difficult to say but they have all the power in the relationship and it's entirely possible tna and roh worked out a trade

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I hope TNA screws over ROH again in whatever deal they worked out

If they do anything it'll just be the Bucks showing up at Matt's house

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

You mean Generation Me making their return

Only after they fall into the time travelling lake

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Dave said Bucks/Hardys for WM weekend

oh i meant in TNA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Rovert I love you but you hate the poo poo out of ROH lmao

you gotta back this up with proof!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

i was specifically thinking of tj's tweet when i made that post lol

heavy shot

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 10, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BJ Whitmer owns

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

When/where was this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ti--42l7Q

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

rovert should have to toxx the mass exodus statement imo

Super No Vacancy posted:

or roque. oatgan lets get a stip going for this feud

thats a good idea, actually

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert and roque this is now an apuestas match the winner gets to pick a new avatar for the loser

if y'all want to make it interesting we can put names on the line or make this loser leaves the roh thread

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 19, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

just to throw some fuel on this fire Kyle O'Reilly isn't currently advertised for either of ROH's shows in Texas

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

I don't follow ROH too closely but why would they put the belt on Kyle if he's on the way out :confused:

the reason they do this if he hasn't signed is so they can try and convince him to stay with a title run and if he leaves they get to do a title change at the tokyo dome

As rovert has pointed out a few posts up you can't be playing a long game with the whole landscape exploding right now. He's gonna get paid one way or another.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 23, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thank you I was looking for this video earlier today

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Davey tried out for WWE repeatedly

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

VOD means I can see that match for $15 instead of $35 but who am I kidding I won't pay either

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

to be honest i would have preferred free agent jay lethal working all over the country but that doesn't come with guaranteed money and benefits so i understand

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Women of Honor feels like the WWE Divas Revolution never left its beginning stage but hell at least some of the divas were over then

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

No serious wrestling fan type has was this and I can't make my mind if it is good, ironically good or terrible. Mandy and Taeler working a WWE style PPV semi main event weapons match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDBmXk0c8E&t=3s

this popped up in my feed the other day and i've been putting off watching it but i finally took the plunge tonight and i'm confident calling this a very bad wrestling match that is good and the audacity it took to book this in the first place is sorely missed in many promotions

There's no reason this needs to be 18 minutes. There's like 10 minutes of action here and its twice that length. Some of the hottest feuds in ROH history didn't get 18 minute blowoff matches but somehow this did and in front of people looking at their phones. Great. I wish more places took stupid risks like this.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 30, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

this popped up in my feed the other day and i've been putting off watching it but i finally took the plunge tonight and i'm confident calling this a very bad wrestling match that is good and the audacity it took to book this in the first place is sorely missed in many promotions

There's no reason this needs to be 18 minutes. There's like 10 minutes of action here and its twice that length. Some of the hottest feuds in ROH history didn't get 18 minute blowoff matches but somehow this did and in front of people looking at their phones. Great. I wish more places took stupid risks like this.

I'm thinking about this match a lot for whatever reason. Taeler is dreadful here and while Mandy's work is way too soft she does a pretty good job recognizing what the crowd perks up for and milking it for whatever its worth to good reactions

The pacing is weird as hell though. Mandy puts Taeler through a table from the ring to the floor and this is used to shift the momentum to Taeler who also beats up Deonna effortlessly. Mandy starts to recover before being cut off again by the other babyface interfering while the heel gets the better of them both. And then Mandy loses when she gets soft and refuses to hit Taeler, begging for mercy and covered in Mandy's blood, with a chair.

Maybe it's match of the year idk

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MRT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Don't import drama from ROHWorld into here, though.

As long as it's funny I don't care

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ha

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress yes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

ROH is deeply shook by a food truck and a promotion that runs in a territory they visit 3 times a year.

they dont want their midcard to realize how much better everywhere else would book them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flat earthers rule

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Its weird to me to think of a guy like Morishima who basically defines an entire year of some of my favorite ROH shows coming in so low but man that's some stiff competition

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

roque.... im sorry

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nobody in the womens tournament has had a match as compelling as the taeler/mandy street fight

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the spirit squad and jon gresham are the names behind the spoiler tags

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

schweens posted:

dominic toretto has gone rogue

should have ended the subforum after hulkamatt died

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/cast/kenny-2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Willninho posted:

Are they still doing the Cabinet? If so they should end that and try something with this.

Romantic Touch 1 and 2

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

shocker looks like he's constantly in physical pain when he waddles around the ring please let him rest

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Does Shocker still have that badass theme music

the dubstep remix of baker street?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the Daniels Angle began at the ladder war where he got the shine and turned babyface and built with weeks of great promos it was good

Chris James 2 posted:

the execution definitely didn't live up to it

my man took off one shirt to reveal a second, differently-aligned one beneath it what more do you people want

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Roque11 posted:

BITW another expected sellout crowd for ROH tonight. The only show taking place tonight that matters.

czw, actually

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mistico II is the real Mistico

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is women of honor just a scheme to juice the numbers on their youtube channel because if so they'd have better luck with intergender

oatgan fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 16, 2017

• Locked thread