Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I thought Elgin was done with ROH ages ago.

ROH has been done with Elgin ever since ASE6. The only reason he came back/hung around was to get in New Japan. Hell, the last two shows he worked were "joint" shows anyway so idk what exactly was announced other than making it official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Benne posted:

I don't follow ROH too closely but why would they put the belt on Kyle if he's on the way out :confused:

A desperate attempt to keep him, plus an excuse to do one more Cole/O'Reilly rematch @ the Jan 4 NJPW show where Cole probably goes over via BC shenanigans if Kyle hasn't agreed to re-sign.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

looking forward to the Kyle-Cole-Lethal title hot swaps

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

"Bleeding from the mouth" looks an awful lot like smudged lipstick.

Related note, now that Nigel is out of ROH will they start blading more often?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/814921262149627906
Hopefully he re-signs. Taylor and Lee have really impressed me.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Wasn't he like the guy holding everything together backstage

if you call what's happened to ROH lately "holding together", yeah

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Benne posted:

He's probably on a separate contract to call shows for NJPW World

Man even the commentary team is just using ROH as a catapult to get into New Japan.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

It's tough to put together storylines when seemingly half your roster isn't signed to contracts...and said roster members are more hesitant to sign because of the lack of pushes and storylines...really feels like ROH has dug themselves into a vicious feedback cycle here and I'm not really sure how they get out of it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Why aren't Dalton and the boys trios champs?

The Boys are Bad At Wrestling and that seems to be the storyline moving forward with them

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

rovert posted:

Expect surprises tonight

world champ Bobby Fish please :pray:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

There's a PPV in a week and they're still advertising the Bucks as champions.

May as well, there's one episode of TV between now and the PPV and the Bucks will probably be retaking the titles there anyway.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

So it's Cyrus and Gertner coming in to take over commentary?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Roque11 posted:

This story is most likely B.S. Even if there's anything going on it's probably just WWE calling Sinclair in other one of their attempts to own everything. It will to the way of the WWE buying TNA talk from last year.

This likely explains why all these wrestlers have been leaving ROH. They don' t want to go to WWE. They've heard rumblings of talks so they're all jumping off before they would end up getting tied down to WWE in a sale.

So.....the WWE isn't buying ROH, but the wrestlers are all leaving ROH so they don't end up stuck in WWE when ROH is sold to WWE.

:eyepoop:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I feel like every time I watch ROH, Rhett Titus has a different gimmick. Is there a reason he's doing D-Lo Brown taunts and moves now?

he's THE BIG DOG BABY and has been for a few months but that's pretty much the extent of his character development since he ran the Romantic Touch out of ROH

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ROH has become nothing but an EVOLVE/NXT feeder with the occasional NJPW match. It's a real shame, I was enjoying them earlier this year but now I just can't get invested.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

Was this the one where Lio Rush beat a guy who retired a few months later after a 20 year career.

I thought it was the one with like 3 non-Beer City Bruiser and therefore inferior fat guys and some Matt Riddle knockoff

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

...then why the gently caress didn't she win the women's title?

because she hasn't signed the deal yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

but they have Cody and a dude in a bear suit and Shane Helms

Also they had and lost Keith Lee and completely botched that relationship

I still have no idea what they saw in Shane Taylor outside of "guy we need to get Keith Lee on our roster"

• Locked thread