Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

rovert posted:

BJ Whitmer may be headed to WWE as a trainer. RIP ROH.

Finally someone at the PC who can learn the recruits on how to loving suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

Did I miss some giant Elgin-ROH fallout that happened in October or November

I figured he was still in the doghouse for agreeing to job at PWG while champion

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

I guess booking Bull Dempsey was more important than signing Jason Kincaid

Bull Dempsey is the best draw ROH has got. You don't leave money on the table!!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Okay:

1) what is a WWN seminar and

2) did anyone leak the powerpoint

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Kyle O'Reilly is wasted any time he's not wearing a traditional gi while locked in the Accolade and openly weeping.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jay would have been lost in the NXT glut and it would have been far more of a shame than Cole's stalled push will be

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I like the scoop drama much more than I like the surety of a goony lookin grappler on NXT

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Well when you put it that way, welcome Kyle O'Reilly

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

will an old man Daniels run be better or worse than old man Lynn's run

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Germansimp posted:

Better, because a Daniels run is overdue as hell (even if he doesn't necessarily want it), he actually spent a long time with the company, and his reign won't be part of the creative team loving up putting the title on the super-over young guy until it's almost too late.
Guy deserves a gold watch reign as much as anyone but... still.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Luckily for them, none of them are Bobby Fish

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

In man-to-man HGH dad bod matchup I'm gonna have to give the edge to Roode. His just-ovalesque torso frame is preferable to Fish's flesh-colored tube of ham that's been gently squeezed by a very strange hand

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

cody rhodes more like cody owns

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The costs of 205 might be eaten to some extent given to most of the production already being paid for but NXT's not getting any more lucrative as its talent acquisition has accelerated and the CWC's hype isn't in effect for a mostly listless UK tournament and the continually delayed women's tourney. They're looking for ways to keep subscription rates steady and it really seems their #1 asset right now is Talking Smack in that regard. I fully expect WWE's current signing strategy to die on the vine in a year or less.

Somehow, I don't think money would be so much an issue if anyone were satisfied with the company's creative direction. Top guys are jumping ship, but so is ACH. If they can make their talent happy they can point to NXT's bloated roster and make a case for why they have a better chance at a profile in ROH.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 10, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

How does WWN stay in business, anyway

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

duyarvish posted:

Whittmer (or anyone) with Joey Styles would be really bad because Joey Styles has JR disease and hasn't given a modicum of an effort to do decent commentary in a very long time
Joey Styles has Bell's palsy ??

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

People should start spamming that instead of superkicks. I'm serious

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If you want to access the sublime I suggest you loop this while "Dlp 6" by William Basinski is playing

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Now that Matt Morgan's back the fact that he's not even in the tournament let alone winning it just speaks toward ROH's dysfunction to an even greater degree

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Somebody suggested there might have been an out for tourney-only talent signings not crossing any wires, but idk if that's a real thing

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I can't tell if being cagey about April fools pranks is pathological or the prank itself. Well done

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

One wonders if Kenny will keep showing off his abs, knowing that Vince isn't watching

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

One step closer to the fated Naito / Ken Anderson ****** match

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The modern finger-on-the-pulse smark doesn't like Bullet Club anymore so their overrepresentation at ROH definitely speaks to a mushy middle of the fandom that could be exploited.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Folks showing up for that Bully Ray / Cody R / Ken Anderson regime that thE WWE was never able to deliver

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

didn't take you for a juggalo

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

The Kaz Bullet Club one-event twist was meh. I could see how that'd seem like a good idea but the execution definitely didn't live up to it, maybe if it'd had more time

Yeah, Daniels really honestly deserves better than a gold watch run in a period where the most exciting thing abt ROH is its proximity to hotter promotions.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

from the urls I can at least tell that we're getting the immense draw that is Jay Lethal / Silas Young

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Shows your priorities when u post about your forum beef and not the incredible photoshopping on display in the Dijak tweet

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Mask vs. Mask Hair match with Rhett Titus, only to reveal that Mistico is actually the Romantic Touch

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

anyway the roh world champion is challenging for the most prestigious belt in the world like next month and drawing record houses for the company, also the young bucks are still hot, also the third best wrestler in the world is the current TV champion, so i would argue that through their new japan affiliation roh is actually more relevant and less feeder systemy than they've ever been in their history

bless your heart for taking over for roque during his exile

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

imo they should not push unspectacular-but-over guys like Dalton Castle, and continue booking Bully Ray's buddies such as Mr. Anderson. Also they should do more worked shoot promos alluding to the fact that another product is better than theirs even when that product is not completely out of a recent severe slump

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

He's not going to WWE is he? Where would he fit in

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's worse when you imagine being there and not being an alcoholic

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

not every promotion needs a lot of buzz. they're putting on good shows that are well attended if not talked about a lot. who cares
You can say that about the WWE because they've got nothing to lose. Any and every US indie (beyond PWG, which has successfully sold itself as a top-card gatekeeper to the rest of the indie business) is living on borrowed time by contrast. ROH is where it is only so long as Sinclair stays ambivalent enough about its continued existence not to cancel it.

It's generally better for everyone if you're firing on all cylinders rather than coasting. You can fret and blame talent poaching but making lemonade out of lemons has been done before.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 27, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Like, you've got guys who could conceivably get NXT contracts if they wanted them, but instead they decided to stay with ROH. The fed should do right by those guys. Instead they seem to have something like free-floating contempt for them because the other guys have better toys, and they can borrow NJPW's if they need a draw. Why is Bully Ray grunting to get himself over the most notable part of the show.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

coconono posted:

ROH's last good feud was Dalton Castle vs Silas Young for the custody of The Boys.
That was the only ROH PPV I bought and it was for that match. The only other one I remember was like ACH vs. Moose and it was extremely boring

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

ROH, the fed in which we're pumped to see among the top 5 wrestlers in the world job to Cody Rhodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Benne posted:

Y'all go on for pages and pages about how making money is the only thing that matters in wrestling, and WWE can't attract casual fans these days. Then when someone actually makes money outside of WWE, and attracts casual fans without the WWE machine, they're suddenly "only meme over" or taking advantage of "stupid marks." Give me a break.
BC have if nothing else demonstrated that dull characters and dull work can draw outside the WWE. In earnest, you could write a lot abt how BC and their particular brand of line-toeing ironic/unironic schtick is very Of 2017. If the dorks who lined up for schezuan sauce ever got it they would have too sweet'd one another. But no way is this forum good enough for such a discussion.

Anyway, New Day are superior on that front bc Black Twitter creates better memes at a faster rate than BC's vids. And if you just wanted good tag team wrestling, well… gotta wait for the revival to come back I'm afraid

• Locked thread