Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Lio Rush, and Jay White vs The Briscoes, Jay Lethal, and Silas Young on this week's ROH TV is a ton of fun. Rush and White are freakin' great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait, why would Colby be great for NXT?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Deleted, what was it

He and Cole at the dome

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MagicCube posted:

RIP to the weirdest wrestling podcast.

He's going to teach all these ex-football players the ins and outs of banking sperm.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

What's going?

Kyle is leaving. Others I don't know yet.

You said 'mass exodus'. I'd take that to mean at least three top talents.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I kinda think that if TNA put their title on someone who wasn't signed (as they have on multiple occasions) we'd be laughing them out of the room.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Suck it WWEailures

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

why the gently caress is he trying to wrestle a style he's not cut out for

The kind where he does moves in a ring? Bull James sucks at everything.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

AJ Styles hates gays, loves Trump and has questions about whether or not the Earth is flat.
Has anyone been able to stand being in a room with Bull James long enough to ask him about these issues

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think WWE could make something of Dijak. He always seemed like someone that belonged there anyhow.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tato posted:

If Bubba is back in companies where he isn't getting tested, why is he still so loving fat? What happened to CALFZILLA? Did Bubba eat him?

Don't underestimate his ability to pork up. Wasn't it like a month or two between him being Calfzilla in TNA and him being fat as hell again for that Rumble return?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

No the take is that it's not true, but all the wrestlers are taking off because they think it's true

Except none of the wrestlers are leaving because they respect the craft of wrestling too much or some poo poo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave posted:

I'm actually sad about the naivete here.

I've been doing this for 46 years.

That Jeff Jarrett story is so obviously ridiculous I don't even know where to start.

Like I'm reporting about WWE talks with ROH based on a rumor from Jeff Jarrett. I mean, Ryan Satin isn't either, but just the idea anyone who reads this site can't see through that is amazing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is like to see Taelor vs Alexa in an 'only screwface' match where they just give each other stink-eye for five minutes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Jonathan Gresham's signing with ROH is officially official. Solid get, completely underrated.

Good news and happy he didn't go with TNA (he played Suicide a couple of tapings ago)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

No it was Caleb Konelly or however you spell it

Yeah, Konley is playing the character now, though by the looks of the taping spoilers he's also working under his own name so I dunno.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Turning the corner and driving right into the Impact Zone

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Member when Ken Anderson showed up too high for a TNA show and they gave his gimmick to Eli Drake

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/anderson-ken-tna-big-plans-release-huh/#.WPbAl58XZCk

I hope he brings his "Huh" gimmick to ROH.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hope this doesn't mean the end of Brandi's nearly unbroken streak of WMOTY candidates on Impact.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

please stop supporting this facist company
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/business/dealbook/sinclair-media-expansion-fox-conservative-media.html?_r=0

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Change his av to the inevitable HHH selfie with Adam Cole.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What does that mean in English

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

he fucks children

I figured it was either that or he's some kind of pastry

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was thinking it wasn't terrible until it abruptly switched to the MMA montage that looks like Smoky Mountain's take on BJJ.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Like did anyone watch that before publishing it? I cannot wrap my head around how completely different the first half is from the second. They are two entirely different characters in the same hype video.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If they can get it together to have either Wrestle Kingdom or New Year's Dash or both, they've got my money.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In 2018 I want it to be illegal to make a TV title without a screen in it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did Simon Gotch ever debut? I feel so disconnected from ROH when I don't watch the tv on any regular basis.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kota lookin like he's about to cry for having to show up to this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's not really a low price point for a streaming video service. I've had a few go higher like MLB.tv and MotoGP's online service but I'd guess those get far higher value for TV rights than WWE does.

Its pretty low for an exhaustive (or close to it) catalogue of past and future content like WWE provides. Even Netflix rotates stuff out, and is certainly not an exhaustive catalogue of movies/tv or anything close to it. Shudder is the same, and is more of a curated selection.

Sportswise, Fight Pass doesn't get you every UFC event either. MLB.TV and NHL Gamecentre don't give you every baseball and hockey game or anything like that.

New Japan World is pretty close to the Network, content-wise, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A reminder that every dollar you give to WWE is a dollar that doesn't go to Sinclair.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/local-news-anchors-now-have-to-read-pro-trump-propaganda.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Weird that you would try to defend giving the money to WWE instead of to some other company. But hey the company that paid to be a part of the evil is clearly better than the one sewing the seeds of the evil. Both aren't worth my money.

Weird that you think my posting on this subject is any more serious than your own, or that "sewing seeds" is a thing.

• Locked thread