Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

and that is probably the right play because there is really a limited audience of hardcore indie smarks, and those people will show up for roh regardless, whereas if you can find a middle-ground with the gen pop wrestling fans then they can keep on keeping on

aside remember that terrible wrestling opinions thread guy who wrote a couple articles about how it was like irresponsible for roh not to try to compete with the wwe lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's too small. better set his sights on the fip title

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

every ppv is good and bonus i have a vpn now and this is gonna be live on new japan world so i can legally steal it from sinclair

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Did RoH actually have its best ever buy rate? That sounds questionable as hell to me

But I'm sure they could "draw" 10k just like NJPW and WWE can draw 150k to any show they want

roh is normie now so i entirely believe they just posted their best-ever house in orlando and their best-ever buyrate, but i dont think there are 10k wrestling-going fans in any american city if what the wwe does is sports entertainment

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you did roh vs. impact vs. wwn could you fill the allstate? with cody, the bucks, alberto, lashley and riddle on top of the card? maybe you get 8k if lashley and riddle were having a shootfight and roh somehow got kenny omega's only u.s. date for the year and enough people flew in for it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this whole calculus is gonna change in a big way when danielson is a free agent

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's NEW's best house? the one that always booked the hardys and mike bennett and cody and had random-rear end liger dates

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I hope there's a good way to watch those shows

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

– Ring of Honor is set to air in India on a new network. Discovery Communications has announced that they have agreed to a deal with the promotion to broadcast ROH TV on their new Indian channel DSPORT, which launched earlier this year. This will bring ROH to over 70 million homes across the nation, a level comparable to Impact Wrestling’s potential US market on POP TV of 75 million homes. By comparison, the USA Network (Raw and Smackdown) is available in 96 million homes in the US.

The deal is the latest high-profile deal for a wrestling company in India, a country that is becoming increasingly popular for the industry. Impact Wrestling will be taping on a tour in the country soon and Jinder Mahal’s push in WWE is part of that company’s promotional push in India, resulting in his “Punjabi Championship Celebration” easily outperforming the rest of the company’s YouTube content.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It'll be a good show like all their ppvs so w/e

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the daniels angle was good, actually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he had a good ascent angle and a serviceable run with the top title in the second biggest promotion in the country, also probably the best protected title in the country. probably a bit better than he deserved but hes made the most of it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please keep this in the indie thread

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i ain't clicking that many links on my phone give us the rundown love

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thank you. i hereby promote you to Chris James 1. oatgan, if you would do the honors

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

^^

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's his natural position tbh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's been giving it a pretty good amount of focus so

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not your posts

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave said that for like 10 minutes the other day

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

evolve is just an nxt feeder which is just a raw purgatory feeder, its almost like the wwe looming over the whole industry is bad and the mcmahons should be summarily executed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anyway the roh world champion is challenging for the most prestigious belt in the world like next month and drawing record houses for the company, also the young bucks are still hot, also the third best wrestler in the world is the current TV champion, so i would argue that through their new japan affiliation roh is actually more relevant and less feeder systemy than they've ever been in their history

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe but thats still the hottest wcw ever was 😏

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also cody's gonna win so

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

like the name and logo? idk not very, don't the bucks and cody all wear their own individual shirts anyway

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

roque is good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i coined him Stringbean Shibata

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also its funny that we went from big mike telling roh to gently caress off to the glory pro belt appearing here

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would nxt sign bobby fish tbh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

someone call bushiroad

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

which are the leftist corporations

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think it was a joke about buffalo, pittsburgh and columbus

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yup

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so who u guys think he wrestles

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

durk said the flip gordon line is a reference to being the elite so it may not be indicating the match. my guess is yeah new japan is very cautious about advertising any matches that spoil the likely result of preceding matches so maybe kenny has a title defense in september and they don't wanna tip their hand

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Spent the last year or so planting seeds in this thread guys.

i just read every post of yours in this thread and planting seeds for what? roh talent leaving 90 days after you said they would or BJ Whitmer heading to NXT?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there's more than two weeks between the september and october roh dates. would be dope to see suzuki in addition to kenny though. and yes there appear to be 0 remaining seats for the roh chicago show. it's set up for like 2300, they haven't opened up any additional seats yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/910179542043676678

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he scored high on an iq test like 10 years ago i'm sure it's all been bludgeoned out of him since

• Locked thread