Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dalton Castle's hurt and off the tour

Jay Lethal's hurt and (likely) off the rest of the tour

PWInsider posted:

Ring of Honor announced this afternoon that former ROH Champion Jay Lethal sufered an injury in last night's War of the Worlds: Toronto six man tag team main event and will not be cleared to compete tonight in Royal Oak, Michigan. PWInsider.com has not learned the nature of the injury, but was told Lethal was banged up after taking a powerbomb on the railing last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

Colt mentioned on his podcast that he knew he was replacing Dalton in Toronto since Tuesday so it's even dumber that they didn't say anything about Dalton being off the show ahead of time

jesus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/997243071988420608

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I maintain that if ROH hadn't ROH'd and had given Dalton his reign a year earlier when fans actually wanted it, it wouldn't have been this mediocre, though admittedly it still probably wouldn't have helped make the company a must-watch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't be worse so :same:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you're gonna mute The Final Countdown what's even the point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

ROH fan in 2018 or TNA fan in 2011?

If Roque had an account here in 2011, he'd have absolutely been saying TNA won the new monday night wars and only moved to a different night and time out of respect/to stop embarrassing wwe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1004041445362360322

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Ring of Honor has lost its debut event at New York City’s Madison Square Garden.

During an interview with ROH Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff this morning to promote the 6/29 Best in the World PPV, I asked Koff about the pending debut for ROH in MSG. Koff responded:

“You know, I’m going to tell you Mike because you are asking. I’m not going to discuss beyond this statement because I am not going to litigate this in the press. We had a deal with [Madison Square] Garden and they then told us they were backing out after communications from the WWE. We are not able to get any other dates in any kind of discussion. I’m expecting that our lawyers will be contacting all the parties involved and the best we can hope is that we can find a resolution, so we can bring the kind of energy and excitement that ROH and our partner New Japan to a bigger audience and to bigger arenas and to the fans of New York City. “

Sinclair CEO Chris Ripley revealed in an interview with The Baltimore Business Journal on 6/12 that ROH had secured a date with Madison Square Garden and will debut in the legendary arena in 2019. Ripley did not reveal the exact date and referred to the move as part of a strategy to move ROH, which Sinclair has owned since May 2011, to bigger venues. The belief among many is that the date would have fallen on Wrestlemania 35 week in April 2019, something ROH never confirmed officially.

Today, when asked if there was even a possibility of a date still on the books with MSG, Koff responded, “There is no date and the discussion is going to end here on that.”

As previously noted on PWInsider.com, the Garden has been reaching out to other wrestling companies as WWE has not been running at the venue consistently, choosing instead to run the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Lucha libre promotion AAA out of Mexico had also secured several dates for The Garden for the fall of 2018. There is no word yet whether AAA's potential dates have been canceled by the Garden as well.

If any promotion does end up running Madison Square Garden, they will become the first pro wrestling company to run the legendary "Mecca of sports-entertainment" outside of the McMahon Family dating back to 1925, when Vince McMahon’s grandfather Roderick “Jess” McMahon became the matchmaker for both professional wrestling and boxing in the venue.

While WCW, AAA and even the original Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling ran the adjacent Theater in the MSG complex, no promotion outside of WWE has been able to book a date in the 20,789-seat Garden.

PWInsider.com has reached out to WWE for comment.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

J-Rocc is indeed 40. Debuted in '98, trained by Tracy Smothers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wiretap804/status/1009814287462723590

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a PPV next Friday

Best in the World

The Kingdom defend the trios titles vs LIJ (EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI)
Adam Page vs Punishment Martinez
KUSHIDA vs Jay Lethal
Briscoes defend tag titles vs Young Bucks
Bully Ray vs Flip Gordon
Austin Aries vs Kenny King
Dalton Castle defends the world title against Cody and Marty Scurll in a triple threat

Possibly main card? For once? The male roster might actually be depleted enough this can happen?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Put the belt on the guy fans wanted to see win it a year before
Have his first title defenses not main event cards in favor of Bullet Club, and even when they do have it only be main eventing because Bullet Club members are in the match
Falsely advertise champ for tour he's hurt for the entirety of, knowing he can't compete in it
Have champ work for months after the injury, not having time to properly heal and aggravating the injury in the process
Have him finally drop it to Jay Lethal

Yeah, they did everything they could to have me disinterested in Dalton's reign, even when him getting a reign was the big/only thing I looked forward to happening all last year from the company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

can we get a thread title change the king has never ducked the pretender

Been arguing for this for a year now. At this point I assume it's one of those in-jokes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1014578369667559424

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH's Sea of Honor tournament on Jericho's cruise

Jay Lethal vs BJ Whitmer
Daniels vs Delirious
Marty Scurll vs Rhett Titus
Silas Young vs Flip Gordon

Mark Briscoe vs Will Ferrara
Adam Page vs Kaz
Cheeseburger vs Beer City Bruiser
Jay Briscoe vs Kenny King

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taeler was apparently heckled by fans at a booking in San Antonio this weekend. Chants obviously included Jay Lethal's name

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he claims the bucks tried to make him watch okada vs omega from the g1 last year and he was bored by it

He was pretty vocal the year he left that what happened in WWE basically killed his interest in wrestling as a whole, so yeah that doesn't surprise me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

The Best Friends reunion gif (I wasn’t aware they were apart tbqh) made the wrestling twitter rounds but I have not heard a single thing about the show itself, which seems about right.

Because the only relevant parts were that moment and Magnus retaining the NWA title against Flip, and even the latter part is stretching some people's definition of the word "relevance"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

but which one's the real roque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

So it's TNA circa 2005?

Without the stacked roster

• Locked thread